Jump to content
Creepy Lurker

OFFICIAL JETS VS BEARS GAME THREAD

Recommended Posts

Common wisdom tells you that Jets are faster than bears, and would probably win in a face-to-face match up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

no way in hell we win this game

Jets Mauled by Bears!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who is the first Jets defender to have the pleasure to get embarrassed by Cohen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are the bears really that good?  they lost to Miami and their 3 wins are home v Seattle, Cardinals and Bucs.  not the best teams in the league

i know there are a lot of injuries and that could likely be the difference but strange things happen in the nfl

are we likely to lose yes but hey the more losses the better chance Bowles is gone and possible Mac.  in the long run we will be better off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So..... this is where we will be arguing with and belittling each other later today huh?   Nice place... I like it. 

:-) 

C'ya all later.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lot of faith in Todd Bowles to have this team ready, put in a great game plan & take advantage of the Bears injuries (Mack & Robinson). 

Oh, who am I kidding? 

PS- I'd be shocked if Mack plays, bad ankle, AFC team, has no bearing on their NFC record or division. I'd want Mack healthy for Division & NFC games. We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jbt said:

are the bears really that good?  they lost to Miami and their 3 wins are home v Seattle, Cardinals and Bucs.  not the best teams in the league

i know there are a lot of injuries and that could likely be the difference but strange things happen in the nfl

are we likely to lose yes but hey the more losses the better chance Bowles is gone and possible Mac.  in the long run we will be better off

Their weak links are the O-line and secondary. Problem is, we don't have the personal now to exploit it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jbt said:

are the bears really that good?  they lost to Miami and their 3 wins are home v Seattle, Cardinals and Bucs.  not the best teams in the league

i know there are a lot of injuries and that could likely be the difference but strange things happen in the nfl

are we likely to lose yes but hey the more losses the better chance Bowles is gone and possible Mac.  in the long run we will be better off

I have little to no confidence in Todd Bowles, but I have to be honest. I think this is the big unexpected win for this season. The Jets are decimated! The Bears will have a hard time NOT overlooking a team who lost 3 DB's, 3 WR's, starting RB and a Center. Add to it that we were not a top half team to begin with. Rookie QB, two practice squad skill players, Rishard Matthews off the street.

It's too easy to think "We got dis" 

Darnold shines in 31-17 debacle where the Jets, and fans, believe they are on a course with destiny.  This will also be the last game we win in a long time.  Enjoy it jbt !!! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I have little to no confidence in Todd Bowles, but I have to be honest. I think this is the big unexpected win for this season. The Jets are decimated! The Bears will have a hard time NOT overlooking a team who lost 3 DB's, 3 WR's, starting RB and a Center. Add to it that we were not a top half team to begin with. Rookie QB, two practice squad skill players, Rishard Matthews off the street.

It's too easy to think "We got dis" 

Darnold shines in 31-17 debacle where the Jets, and fans, believe they are on a course with destiny.  This will also be the last game we win in a long time.  Enjoy it jbt !!! 

Well, we really have been great on the road under Todd Bowles....wait wut? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Darnold can avoid throwing interceptions to a team that feeds on them and we can get a big day running the ball, we might keep this close and possibly even win. But betting on a one-dimensional offense and the hope of turnovers seems pretty desperate as a game plan. In other words, it doesn't look good.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Well, we really have been great on the road under Todd Bowles....wait wut? 

Well, don't forget what the Jets did in Detroit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The big question is who steps up on offense? I would like to think Crowell, but the bears will stuff the box. It may be a long day for the offense.




Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Sterling is due. So is Leggett . Maybe all our tight ends save the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we'll continue on that 7 to 8 win projection and probably lose today even though it's not one of the Jets tougher opponents. The reason is injuries on the offense esp. It looks like maybe the problems with Spencer Long at center are due to a finger injury and it's hurting his ability on snaps. If he continues as center it will have to be adjusted maybe fewer longer snaps. They can't survive with those kind of potential turnovers and if not a fumble it screws up plays. We could and probably will lose next week too in Miami. Never easy with the heat to win there. And beat Buff in two weeks. I don't blame Macc for lack of depth because how much can you have when you have to fill other positions. I thought our receiver corps was adequate going into the season and same with running backs but significant injuries. The Jets counted on McGuire to be a contributor and he's been out all year coming back soon though. Today Bears by 6. Chicago 23 Jets 17.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Well, don't forget what the Jets did in Detroit.

That's the beauty of being Todd Bowles, go 5-11 with 1 road win & get an extension. Wish my sales job worked like that 😮

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's weather report for Chicago: A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 51. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 25 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Well at least Darnold is getting some more experience in this type of weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t take this loss to heart, O Captain My Captain, you’re doing a great job but you can’t work miracles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JiF said:

Don’t take this loss to heart, O Captain My Captain, you’re doing a great job but you can’t work miracles. 

Very true sweet one.  Captain Creepy Lurker in my opinion may have already earned an extension. Brings nothing but his “ A “ game well in week out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Very true sweet one.  Captain Creepy Lurker in my opinion may have already earned an extension. Brings nothing but his “ A “ game well in week out. 

Best captain ever.  No surprising though, there was not involvement from Tom Shane this year 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...