Today convinced me both Bowles and Maccagnan are the problem

jetscrazey

I already knew I wanted Bowles gone and today confirms it, as there was absolutely zero creativity on a day when they needed to show creativity.

But today convinced me Maccagnan needs to go too.  He's in his 4th year and this is the worst roster in football.  A few injuries and they are a college team basically.  The drafting has been abyssmal.  He hasn't found good skill position players, hasn't found any pass rushers, and hasn't found any good o-linemen.

Start over with a new GM and a new, offensive-minded head coach.   We need to be competitive in this window when Darnold is on his rookie contract.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I already knew I wanted Bowles gone and today confirms it, as there was absolutely zero creativity on a day when they needed to show creativity.

But today convinced me Maccagnan needs to go too.  He's in his 4th year and this is the worst roster in football.  A few injuries and they are a college team basically.  The drafting has been abyssmal.  He hasn't found good skill position players, hasn't found any pass rushers, and hasn't found any good o-linemen.

Start over with a new GM and a new, offensive-minded head coach.   We need to be competitive in this window when Darnold is on his rookie contract.

Absolutely,....  4 years and we have gotten worse. We are A bottom 3 team in the NFL with no roster to build around for Darnold.  But MACC enjoys his Starbucks.  

I get the anguish, but remember, GMs need to be mostly strategic. I, and many here, knew the team was weak. OL, and no pass rusher. WR was a question mark. The biggest problem is not only a lack of OL, but the lack of playmakers.  Depth has been a huge problem. Any team can get weakened by injuries. For a mediocre team with little depth, it can be devastating.

The question on Mac isn't is the team hurting for talent, but would a good GM be expected to have a significantly better team at this point. I go back and forth about Mac. I think many here have too high of expectations on Mac. But, he certainly has had his fair share of head scratchers. The reality, IMO, is that we getting Darnold without giving up a 2nd 1st, he will get at least another year - not saying he should or shouldn't, but he likely will.

Hopefully, he has settled down and built a decent scouting team as the drafts don't seem to be the wasteland that his first draft was. Either way, I don't expect a change at GM.

Bowles, on the other hand, has showed his inability to adapt. The problem is if the team feels that Darnold is doing well with our OC, they may not be willing to make a change. My point is that if you think you want to make a change, I would do it this year; it may suck for Darnold, but not as much as making a change 2 years down the road.

3 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Mac has drafted very poorly his first 3 drafts but his last draft seems to be very good. I’d give Mac 1 more year and let him bring in a head coach of his choice. Bowles see ya!

No way. Why hire a coach for 1 year to only inevitably get rid of Mac anyways and cleaning house AGAIN. No half measures. Mac hasn’t earned the right to get his own coach. Do not put Sam through that much change. Do it once and move on.

20 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I agree with Bowles and i'm starting to agree that Macc is the problem as well.

Today's offensive game plan is an absolute joke. It's non competitive. I understand they have injuries but you have to adjust as the game goes along. 

They cant run.  At all.

All of their wr are hurt.  This team in nit an nfl caliber offense as far as personnel goes.

36 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Notice the Dbag that NEG repped you ..... he did same to me for similar comments.  now he has neg repped me a few times today. Must be 14.   

I am usually very patient and wanted to give them time.  But it's very hard to argue that they both shouldn't go.

There is not a single impact player on this roster - not on offense or defense.  You can't be a GM for 4 years and not even get lucky finding one.

6 pre-snap penalties...Coaching has to be responsible for that.

I'm pretty happy with the game.  Top 3 WRs, top receiving RB, Center, top CB...  all out.

Not much that you can do.  D eventually tires as the offense can do nothing.  Yet Sam still made some nice plays.

Successful Sunday as far as I'm concerned.

37 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I agree with Bowles and i'm starting to agree that Macc is the problem as well.

Today's offensive game plan is an absolute joke. It's non competitive. I understand they have injuries but you have to adjust as the game goes along. 

What game plan would have been successful today?  The Jets have maybe 4 of 11 real NFL players on offense.

I understand that good Head Coaches aren't just good at coaching their side of the ball (whatever side they were a coordinator on) but for once I would like to see this team hire a young offensive minded Head Coach from a top offensive system in the league. Why can we never try that? We love the defensive coordinators.

We have a young QB who looks like he could be the real deal, most people around the league rave about him. Can we not do better than Todd Bowles and an offensive coordinator who had been out of the league for a while before this year?

I'm tired of this team never being NFL caliber on the offensive side of the football. I'm tired of always drafting defense in the 1st round and then never having a great defense on the field. Why don't we try the complete opposite of what we always seem to do?

Archived