Today convinced me both Bowles and Maccagnan are the problem

jetscrazey

32 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Notice the Dbag that NEG repped you ..... he did same to me for similar comments.  now he has neg repped me a few times today. Must be 14.   

I will refrain from name calling. because I am not 14. . You downvoted me for saying "FINALLY A FLAG!" after our receiver got hit, and you're calling me a 14 year old. Take a look in the mirror before casting aspersions about someone else.

Edit - We could go tit for tat on downvotes if that is the kind of childish game you want to play.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Calling the plays that create separation. Instead, we called the plays that did not create separation.

What I don’t understand is why they called those good plays vs. Denver and Indy but not against Minnesota and Chicago?

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Calling the plays that create separation. Instead, we called the plays that did not create separation.

When your receivers all are average or below average, how are they supposed to create separation? And your offensive line is average and you can’t control the game running the ball? Then what do you do? 

Just now, TeddEY said:

What I don’t understand is why they called those good plays vs. Denver and Indy but not against Minnesota and Chicago?

Exactly. Did you see the play that got the touchdown? It's bad that we didn't call any of the other plays that get touchdowns at any other point in the game. Calling more plays that get touchdowns is something that you think they would do but they don't.

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

When your receivers all are average or below average, how are they supposed to create separation? And your offensive line is average and you can’t control the game running the ball? Then what do you do? 

Well Lizard King, that's when you have to scheme the plays that create separation for your bad players against their good players.

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I understand that good Head Coaches aren't just good at coaching their side of the ball (whatever side they were a coordinator on) but for once I would like to see this team hire a young offensive minded Head Coach from a top offensive system in the league. Why can we never try that? We love the defensive coordinators.

We have a young QB who looks like he could be the real deal, most people around the league rave about him. Can we not do better than Todd Bowles and an offensive coordinator who had been out of the league for a while before this year?

I'm tired of this team never being NFL caliber on the offensive side of the football. I'm tired of always drafting defense in the 1st round and then never having a great defense on the field. Why don't we try the complete opposite of what we always seem to do?

Do you imagine the fact that before Darnold, we hadn’t drafted an offensive player in round 1 since Mark Sanchez is relevant to this issue?

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I am usually very patient and wanted to give them time.  But it's very hard to argue that they both shouldn't go.

There is not a single impact player on this roster - not on offense or defense.  You can't be a GM for 4 years and not even get lucky finding one.

6 pre-snap penalties...Coaching has to be responsible for that.

It wasn’t that loud at the game that crowd noise was an issue on those false starts. It was just sloppy offense and lack of discipline. 

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What game plan would have been successful today?  The Jets have maybe 4 of 11 real NFL players on offense.

The offense never tried to push it down field until they were down 14. When they did, they actually scored their only TD of the game. I understand the team has had some injuries at receiver but you have to make due with what you have. I get that Peake, Burnett, Roberts are not ideal weapons for a QB.

They came out with a game plan that was not working at all though. They stuck with that game plan until it was to late. That's my problem. You have to be able to adjust in game when you see things aren't working.

You can't just go "well we don't have the weapons so we won't try." 

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Exactly. If Bowles were smart, he would scheme Crowell having a 200+ yard game again. But he's not, so this is what we get.

I am not quite sure how people missed your sarcasm......

But the truly scary thing is some thought that you were serious....

Lets Go Jets....

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

I already knew I wanted Bowles gone and today confirms it, as there was absolutely zero creativity on a day when they needed to show creativity.

But today convinced me Maccagnan needs to go too.  He's in his 4th year and this is the worst roster in football.  A few injuries and they are a college team basically.  The drafting has been abyssmal.  He hasn't found good skill position players, hasn't found any pass rushers, and hasn't found any good o-linemen.

Start over with a new GM and a new, offensive-minded head coach.   We need to be competitive in this window when Darnold is on his rookie contract.

Alabama is better than we are.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Exactly. Did you see the play that got the touchdown? It's bad that we didn't call any of the other plays that get touchdowns at any other point in the game. Calling more plays that get touchdowns is something that you think they would do but they don't.

Wait, is this sarcasm defending the coaches? Is that what you’re doing here?

Kinda proves they’re terrible. Move away from the run that’s not working all game and push the ball gets you a touchdown. Stick with the run for 4 qtrs and play short passing game gets you one Fg. 

Just now, TeddEY said:

I don't want to interrupt you two tickling each other's scrotums with this super cool schtick you got going on. Just humor me though.  

If you were an offensive coach and were so overmatched personnel wise, would your 1st instinct be to continually ask those overmatched players to win a 1 on 1 isolated matchup against a defender?  Mine wouldn't.  

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Kinda proves they’re terrible. Move away from the run that’s not working all game and push the ball gets you a touchdown. Stick with the run for 4 qtrs and play short passing game gets you one Fg. 

I completely agree. Good playcalling can enable players to do things that they're not physically capable of.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't want to interrupt you two tickling each other's scrotums with this super cool schtick you got going on. Just humor me though.  

If you were an offensive coach and were so overmatched personnel wise, would your 1st instinct be to continually ask those overmatched players to win a 1 on 1 isolated matchup against a defender?  Mine wouldn't.  

Joke's on you, I actually am an offensive minded coach.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Just about every other strategy would require my offensive line to perform.  They didn't.  There's a reason we were 9-point dogs.  We had no chance.

You never answered the question, besides "scheme the guys open" what specifically is the winning offensive strategy?

Jets only chance in this game was turnovers.  We almost got one which could have made it a game, unfortunately, the Bears PR came out of his coma in the knick of time.

9 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

What you don't do, is spread them out 3 wide against man coverage all day and say go beat that guy in front of you.

Things like stacked receivers, bunch formations, motion can be used to help create natural separation for receivers.  Obviously different rout combinations as well.  The Patriots have been doing it for years.  The Patriots don't just magically get guys running wide open year after year.  Every notice how guys like Hogan weren't ever  open all the  in their previous stops?  Or how guys like Amendola aren't after they leave?

The Bears WRs today is Taylor Gabriel, Kevin White and a Rookie Anthony Miller.  They had people running open all over the place.  Luckily Trubisky can't hit the broad side of a barn.  Are those guys elite talents?  Or does Nagy know how to coach offense?

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Well after today's penalties and poor performance you can cut all the poor performers or you can send Bowles packing.  Easier to send Bowles packing.  Unless we are tanking on purpose, then carry on.

This is exactly my point.  Yes, it's easier to send Bowles packing, but it sure as hell isn't going to change much.

12 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

You do realize that the TD was aided by the Bears generally taking their foot off the gas up two scores and still needed a stupid penalty to happen.  Any time the Bears needed to, they were in the backfield chasing Darnold.  We can all imagine how well things would go if we only think about the plays that worked and ignore literally everything else.  Unfortunately, it's not reality.

I agree,both Bowles and McCagnon have to go. This team and especially the fans need to move on from these 4 years and hopefully find a GM who can judge and draft talent, and a HC who has some semblance of in game issues. We waited 50 years for this team to find a legitimate QB and we can't be shackled by these two underachievers. They have shown in 4 years that they are in over their heads. Lets move on and make this a great team again!!!

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What you don't do, is spread them out 3 wide against man coverage all day and say go beat that guy in front of you.

Things like stacked receivers, bunch formations, motion can be used to help create natural separation for receivers.  Obviously different rout combinations as well.  The Patriots have been doing it for years.  The Patriots don't just magically get guys running wide open year after year.  Every notice how guys like Hogan weren't ever  open all the  in their previous stops?  Or how guys like Amendola aren't after they leave?

The Bears WRs today is Taylor Gabriel, Kevin White and a Rookie Anthony Miller.  They had people running open all over the place.  Luckily Trubisky can't hit the broad side of a barn.  Are those guys elite talents?  Or does Nagy know how to coach offense?

So, a bunch of guys that never play and are limited athletically, an offensive line that was getting beat all day, and a rookie QB, are going to run an increasingly complex timing offense with success?

Archived