Today convinced me both Bowles and Maccagnan are the problem

jetscrazey

4 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

This year is all about the development of Sam Darnold. Our recent draft is looking good. Darnald, Herndon, Cannon, Sheppard and Nickerson all look like productive players moving forward. Darnald looks like a star in the making. McCagnan has had some rough past drafts no doubt but our most recent looks like it has potential to be above average. Moving forward, hopefully 

At the very least please spell Darnolds name correctly, it might give you more credibility.  

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No he didn't. Fate did.  I have no confidence in Macc doing the smart thing.  He refuses to upgrade the OL which is pedestrian at best. And his FA selections over the past 4 years have done nothing but steal money from this franchise. He's just not a very good GM. But he knows coffee!    

mac.jpg

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Do you legitimately think passing game designs can't create separation for players?  

When the starters are in there i see separation.   When the team can run and the top 2 wr are out? No.  Bill walsh couldnt scheme them open.

15 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I already knew I wanted Bowles gone and today confirms it, as there was absolutely zero creativity on a day when they needed to show creativity.

But today convinced me Maccagnan needs to go too.  He's in his 4th year and this is the worst roster in football.  A few injuries and they are a college team basically.  The drafting has been abyssmal.  He hasn't found good skill position players, hasn't found any pass rushers, and hasn't found any good o-linemen.

Start over with a new GM and a new, offensive-minded head coach.   We need to be competitive in this window when Darnold is on his rookie contract.

it took you this long?

11 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Both will be back next year, just accept it now.

If they implode the rest of the year which is entirely plausible I'm not so sure. I only hope if it happens both of them are shown the door without any half measures.  

On 10/28/2018 at 4:15 PM, MDL_JET said:

so true. And just so bad. Just get out alive Sam! Hopefully better days are ahead for you!

This is Bowles in a nutshell; play to not loose; and when you are going to loose, play to not loose big. Play D and hope to keep the game close. Run on 1st down to set up the pass; he is a dinosaur. It is time he is extinct in the league.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, afjetsfan said:

I hope Todd and Mike are gone for next season.  The only caveat is who will replace them?   The depressing thing is if we actually get a worse Head Coach and GM.  That would guarantee our demise at least until 2023.

It'd be hard pressed for anyone else to do any worse. At this point I'd take the Talking Magpies.

HJ.jpg

There are two depressing realities that overhang the biggest reality-that Mac and Bowles are not the front office that will lead the Jets to a second Super Bowl Championship.

• Currently, there really are not many logical successors to Bowles if he is fired.  The list of competition for DeFelippo's and others' services has just gone up with the firing of Hue Jackson.  The Cowboys, Denver, Tampa Bay and others will looking for a coach.  Are the Jets anyone's first choice, particularly with the spectre of Woody coming back?  
  • When Bowles realizes he is outmatches, he definitely goes into minimize the points against mode.  With the NY Press, you can't blame him.  Honestly, theoretically playoff eligibility is sometimes decided by PF/PA, so it is not a crazy notion.  Cowardly?  Yes, but the Jets were not beating the Bears.  The Bears are a much better team, even without Mac. I would rather have Darnold than Trubisky.

We all see the weakness in Bowles' coaching,  When Bowles had the leftover Idzik/Ryan roster with Mangold, Brick and Harris, plus Mac's Executive of the Year acquisitions, they won 10 games.   The best thing the Jets can do is restructure their GM/President/Scouting roles so that they are ensured of getting better talent in this off season.  When they can show a better roster around Darnold, they will have a better chance of attracting the first choice coach.  Now, I don't see a first choice coach joining the Jets, so the Jets should sit tight for another year with Bowles and fix what they can fix.  I think there are people internally and externally that can be added to the Jets' Front Office that could improve its operation.  

13 hours ago, varjet said:

There are two depressing realities that overhang the biggest reality-that Mac and Bowles are not the front office that will lead the Jets to a second Super Bowl Championship.

• Currently, there really are not many logical successors to Bowles if he is fired.  The list of competition for DeFelippo's and others' services has just gone up with the firing of Hue Jackson.  The Cowboys, Denver, Tampa Bay and others will looking for a coach.  Are the Jets anyone's first choice, particularly with the spectre of Woody coming back?  
  • When Bowles realizes he is outmatches, he definitely goes into minimize the points against mode.  With the NY Press, you can't blame him.  Honestly, theoretically playoff eligibility is sometimes decided by PF/PA, so it is not a crazy notion.  Cowardly?  Yes, but the Jets were not beating the Bears.  The Bears are a much better team, even without Mac. I would rather have Darnold than Trubisky.

We all see the weakness in Bowles' coaching,  When Bowles had the leftover Idzik/Ryan roster with Mangold, Brick and Harris, plus Mac's Executive of the Year acquisitions, they won 10 games.   The best thing the Jets can do is restructure their GM/President/Scouting roles so that they are ensured of getting better talent in this off season.  When they can show a better roster around Darnold, they will have a better chance of attracting the first choice coach.  Now, I don't see a first choice coach joining the Jets, so the Jets should sit tight for another year with Bowles and fix what they can fix.  I think there are people internally and externally that can be added to the Jets' Front Office that could improve its operation.  

How about those Knicks!

Archived