Pray for us to lose to Bills

Jetster

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Jet fan wants Sam to fail, but keeping Bowles will certainly stunt the poor kids growth. Goff lost a lot under Fisher, Sam will bounce back with a new offensive coach.

22 with a new pep in his step in camp with some shiny new weapons to redeem himself with. Defense won’t be any worse with Bowles gone & might have some fun watching an NFL offense on their side.

Just now, Jetster said:

No Jet fan wants Sam to fail, but keeping Bowles will certainly stunt the poor kids growth. Goff lost a lot under Fisher, Sam will bounce back with a new offensive coach.

22 with a new pep in his step in camp with some shiny new weapons to redeem himself with. Defense won’t be any worse with Bowles gone & might have some fun watching an NFL offense on their side.

I'm not disagreeing with you but to connect the two so that Bowles could get fired is stupidity.

48 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is beyond knucklehead. This is outright insane. How ANYBODY in this fanbase could want Sam to fail is beyond belief

I guess you just don't see the bigger picture, do you? ? Only kidding....you sound like you are very close to the edge right now. trying to get you to laugh.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

A caller on the postgame show just said and I quote:

”I fear Sam Darnold will save Bowles’ job. I would rather Darnold suck because Bowles will get fired.”

Are you kidding me?

ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?

A member of of this fanbase came out and said that he would rather see the Young QB fall apart so that the head coach could lose his job.

This is the Jets fanbase 

I have been a Jets fan for 50 years and you have to realize that this fan base has been through so many losing seasons in so many ways that it affects their rationale. It took us 50 years to finally draft a QB who shows promise. We also have been through so many bad coaches that have held onto their jobs for way to long. The fan base deserves to finally get a HC who has football intelligence and who can change and adapt with game time decisions. It is horrible to have to hope for the team to do bad to get a coach fired, but that is what happens when you don't win in over 50 years....

Jets fans have come to really be accustomed to mediocrity and horrible, listless seasons.  So instead of rooting for sustained success, stability, a foundation, consistency--they root for "FIRE _________!" every single season.  I used to be part of this crowd, now I am just over it.  It's getting old.

Don't fire anyone.  WE NEED CONSISTENCY, STABILITY, SUSTAINABILITY, A FOUNDATION.  Good franchises aren't a rotating door every other year, they are just NOT.  Enough is enough.  

4 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Why, at 3-4 would any fan wish for losses? I want nothing more than to be able to come here and gloat on how good we are and how great the game was today, but the fact of the matter is we have seen the same things over and over and over and over. I did not need to see one snap today. Everyone said they were supposed to lose today. They believed it, went out, and did just that. When has a Bowles led team risen up and pulled a shocker or even beat a superior opponent? It is amazing to me, it really is how we show up and have zero chance to win. I knew it. You guys ALL knew it. They knew it. The NFL world knew it. Because the song never changes under Bowles. Regardless of who is or isn't playing, we aren't changing anything, will just plug in new guys and everything is hunky dory. Did you guys see how slow and lethargic the offense played today? Darnold with his hands in his sleeves. He looked cold like last week LOL. How's about a little hurry up from time to time? Something, anything to try to fool someone.

No shot at Miami next week. They will be supposed to lose. It will be too hot. Or we will not have enough water on the sideline. Or whatever the excuse machine decides to generate.

You dont know the history of these two teams.  Or have watched the Fins play.  We have a chance, I hope so, I'll be there, LOL

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Jets fans have come to really be accustomed to mediocrity and horrible, listless seasons.  So instead of rooting for sustained success, stability, a foundation, consistency--they root for "FIRE _________!" every single season.  I used to be part of this crowd, now I am just over it.  It's getting old.

Don't fire anyone.  WE NEED CONSISTENCY, STABILITY, SUSTAINABILITY, A FOUNDATION.  Good franchises aren't a rotating door every other year, they are just NOT.  Enough is enough.  

None of these things go hand in hand with INCOMPETENCE. which is what we have at HC. 

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Obviously the Jets need a coach that punts every time they are down two scores late in the 4th quarter.   Whatever will the team do without a coach whose players have 7 presnap penalties in one game?  I can't imagine not having timeouts to take into halftime and use them in the second half...  Oh wait? 

15 hours ago, Jetster said:

It will be the only way to get rid of these 2 bums in Bowles & Macc. The Bills will be sky high knowing the Jets are a chance for them to get a victory Monday off.  I'll just be checking in time to time, watch a little to see if Sam is developing, but I can't follow this team anymore as much as I do until both are finally gone. Sometimes you need change to get a teams attention & we are definitely at that point now. 

Sam Darnold is the FUTURE of the Jets, not a terrible DC acting as a terrible HC. Bowles is actually worse than Rex Ryan, Rex was a much better defensive mind & got 4 quarters from his players. Losing this year to the Buffalo Bills should be the closer we need to finally alter the direction of this team in an offensive lean so we can at least put fannies back in the seats at home & on the road. When I watch this team I have zero confidence in them in whatever situation presents itself. It really is like watching a D2 college team vs a D1 team, that's how low it has gotten. 

Fans here are like "we don't have the horses", well that's Bowles & Maccs fault, no one else. Injuries are no excuse, they had nothing to do with the loss to the Browns, Miami, the azz kicking we got from the 4 losses in a ROW Bortles led Jaguars. 

STOP WITH THE EXCUSES! 

I totally hear ya Jetster. Let me tell you a very brief story. It will be a bit long, but I hope you read it. 

During the final game of Bowles first season I happened to be in Disney World. I was walking around Epcot with my kids and I had a buddy sending me updates from the game. I was excited to beat the Rex Ryan led Bills and knew Fitz and Marshall were going to get into the playoffs for the first time in their careers. As we were losing that game I noticed that I was starting to become miserable in Disney World and my wife tentatively said "maybe you should tell Bobby to stop sending you updates" After I chewed her head off I looked at my kids and made a decision. 

I thought to myself. This is enough. It doesn't matter what coach or players we have. The Jets find a way to make me miserable in unique and special ways every single year. Getting knocked out of the playoffs by Rex Ryan's Bills was as wonderful as watching Revis win a ring with the Pats. I'd had it. I told my friend to stop sending me updates and I went on Test Track with my wife and kids. 

I literally cut the Jets out of my life for the two following years. I watched two games over that time by happenstance. One of which was the Miami game (because it was on TV in S Florida where I lived) where we were winning and they came back in the 4th quarter to beat the Jets. I laughed and said to myself "this is exactly why I stopped watching". I didn't come here. I didn't read the papers. I didn't even watch football on Sundays for two years.  I knew nothing about this franchise or the NFL.  It was delightful and I felt free. To be honest I always knew I would more than likely come back at point but I wanted to separate my emotions from the Jets. It worked!!! 

I heard that there were 4 or 5 Blue chip type of QB's in this years draft and that the Jets had a top 10 pick so I started looking into it. I also learned that the Jets might be acquiring Kirk Cousins who has had consecutive 4000 yd seasons. Maybe we were finally going to get a top tier QB which was the one main problem IMO for many years. It was this idea and only this idea that drew me back to the Jets. If they missed on cousins and went Defense in the first Rd or something I would have shook my head and stayed away.  

The career of Darnold has me very interested in the Jets again, but with a totally different mindset. I am uncharacteristically able to be objective most of the time and rarely get angry. It certainly doesn't ruin the rest of my Sunday or the rest of the week anymore and I'm grateful for that. 

So.... my whole point is, while I'm sure many here would miss you, I know I would, it might be just what you need to peel off for a bit. JN and the Jets will still be here when you return. I can attest to that. 

I will also add removing myself has enabled me to see the uptrends with this team and I like a lot of things were doing. I knew we wouldn't do much this year and just hoped Bowles would prove he was the coach we could do this with. My conclusions aside, I'll say it's much nicer to not be the sort of fan I was where everyone knew not to come near me for a few hours after a loss. I finished staining my porch after yesterdays game while listening to the Lord of The Rings audio book. It was nice. :-) 

I'm with ya buddy. I truly am. 

16 hours ago, GaryM said:

I have been a Jets fan for 50 years and you have to realize that this fan base has been through so many losing seasons in so many ways that it affects their rationale. It took us 50 years to finally draft a QB who shows promise. We also have been through so many bad coaches that have held onto their jobs for way to long. The fan base deserves to finally get a HC who has football intelligence and who can change and adapt with game time decisions. It is horrible to have to hope for the team to do bad to get a coach fired, but that is what happens when you don't win in over 50 years....

Generation NOW does not care about us long time sufferers

17 hours ago, GaryM said:

I get it.

its still stupid

What I don't get is why anyone would be so disappointed with the way the season has gone. We have a rookie QB, no WR's that would ever start on another team, a Cleveland Browns cast of as our leed back, a patchwork OL, no edge rushers, and an inconsistent DL.

I mean what did you expect? to go to the playoffs with this team? 

I agree, Bowles has not done anything to keep his job but we have seen what Darnold can do when he has time to throw. It's not Bowles fault we can't block the Bears front 7. They were in Darnold's  face all day yesterday. I am sure Mac isn't so stupid not to notice this and we will get the OL fixed. We also need weapons. I hear Denver is shopping both Thomas and Sanders. Can you imagine having a WR like Sanders on the team? 

On top of it all, The Bears are a good football team. They have two very good RB's. Trubisky has been one of the better QB's in the league the last 3 or 4 weeks and he is fast as hell. Gabriel is a legit NFL talent. Do I even need to talk about their D?

We are going to lose a lot more this year and I doubt it gets Bowles fired. Foe me, right now I really don't care who is the HC. I want to see what Darnold can do with better players. For Christ sake, Kearse is a freaking starter on this team. 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What I don't get is why anyone would be so disappointed with the way the season has gone. We have a rookie QB, no WR's that would ever start on another team, a Cleveland Browns cast of as our leed back, a patchwork OL, no edge rushers, and an inconsistent DL.

I mean what did you expect? to go to the playoffs with this team? 

Going on 5 years with these 2 buffoons running this team. In their 1st year, Fitz made Macc (10-6) Exec of the year through his play. Since then, Macc has failed miserably to field a competitive team. He's wasted millions on terrible contracts and squandered draft pick after draft pick.  The question is how could you not be disappointed with the lack of talent on this team and how uninspiring they play. 

1 hour ago, LES said:

Going on 5 years with these 2 buffoons running this team. In their 1st year, Fitz made Macc (10-6) Exec of the year through his play. Since then, Macc has failed miserably to field a competitive team. He's wasted millions on terrible contracts and squandered draft pick after draft pick.  The question is how could you not be disappointed with the lack of talent on this team and how uninspiring they play. 

Right now you have to realize what Mac did last season. He gutted the team to tank for a high pick to get a QB. Now we have one. I am willing to give him a pass on this season and I want to see who he drafts and who he brings in for nextuear. No team has a lack of talent we have. 

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Right now you have to realize what Mac did last season. He gutted the team to tank for a high pick to get a QB. Now we have one. I am willing to give him a pass on this season and I want to see who he drafts and who he brings in for nextuear. No team has a lack of talent we have. 

You do realize he signed McCown which resulted in 5 meaningless wins. Had he just gone with Hack and Petty we would have had a much better chance to acquire the #1 pick which would have saved us three #2's. As far as Macc drafting any talent that would stick, its a long shot. 

I can't do it, I can't HOPE that the Jets lose, there is no worse state for a fan to be in if he sits there watching games HOPING that 'his' team loses. We went through that for Reggie Bush and I was never more miserable as a Jets fan than during that time and I vowed to never do it again. If it comes down to feeling like that, just don't frigging watch the games, do something else on a Sunday afternoon. Besides, we all know how badly the Jets are at drafting anyway. The last few good players we drafted in the first rounds are all retired now. Hopefully, Sam changes that.

Archived