Pray for us to lose to Bills

Jetster

13 hours ago, LES said:

You do realize he signed McCown which resulted in 5 meaningless wins. Had he just gone with Hack and Petty we would have had a much better chance to acquire the #1 pick which would have saved us three #2's. As far as Macc drafting any talent that would stick, its a long shot. 

Oh come on. Are you seriously saying trading for McCown was a positive move? I remember when we acquired him and thought, yep, we are definitely  going to be really bad. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone that wants loses is a freaking moron imo. We have a ton of cap space. We need to make this team look like a good landing spot. Players need to think this is a team on the rise. Nobody is going to want to play on the Giants who look like a total train wreck and it's not Eli, they need make wholesale changes. We don't  want that perception on the Jets where we draft a franchise QB and we still look like a bunch of losers.  Darnold is the real deal. We need to get talent. I am praying we get a WR today. Not some scrub FA, I want Sanders, I want Tate. I want to see Sam play with real NFL caliber pass catchers, not the band of misfits that can't  stick on a team. Everyone here thinks Q is a great QR but the truth is he is a #3 not even a 2. A 2 can run deep routes. When was the last time he caught a ball more than 15 yards down field.  We can't  get players by tanking games

So everyone who cares about meaningless wins vs the Bills are completely fine with bringing the mute back next year to fire up our boys? 

Are you crazy? If losing to the Bills gets Bowles fired it’s the perfect ending to this losers coaching career. “I’m proud of the way they stuck together” WTF? 

Continuity of a loser mentality is what you’ll get. The last time we hit rock bottom we landed Parcells. It’s only rock bottom that will get Bowles out of here & losing to the Bills will be rock bottom. These 2 guys deserve the embarrassment, they’ve been embarrassing Jet fans for going on 5 years now. 

Your choice to cheer for meaningless wins & a continuation of Todd Bowles & Macc. I can’t in my right mind wish for small successes vs terrible teams that will prolong these guys tenure with this organization. 

38 minutes ago, Jetster said:

So everyone who cares about meaningless wins vs the Bills are completely fine with bringing the mute back next year to fire up our boys? 

Are you crazy? If losing to the Bills gets Bowles fired it’s the perfect ending to this losers coaching career. “I’m proud of the way they stuck together” WTF? 

Continuity of a loser mentality is what you’ll get. The last time we hit rock bottom we landed Parcells. It’s only rock bottom that will get Bowles out of here & losing to the Bills will be rock bottom. These 2 guys deserve the embarrassment, they’ve been embarrassing Jet fans for going on 5 years now. 

Your choice to cheer for meaningless wins & a continuation of Todd Bowles & Macc. I can’t in my right mind wish for small successes vs terrible teams that will prolong these guys tenure with this organization. 

Personally I think Bowles will be gone regardless of how the team finishes. This year has been a grand HC cluster ef. They can't  possibly keep going. This past game was about as bad as it gets. Mac is going nowhere. He drafted Darnold. There is no way they say thanks for drafting the teams future, here's the door. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh come on. Are you seriously saying trading for McCown was a positive move? I remember when we acquired him and thought, yep, we are definitely  going to be really bad. 

You've seemed to have lost your train of thought. I questioned your assertion that Macc created a tank chamber in 2017.  Signing McCown ultimately had an adverse effect on our draft position.  FIVE meaningless wins was the result and it dropped us to 6 in the draft.  Oh but he's a mentor to Hack and Petty and makes everyone better. So much for that argument.  Macc HAD to move up and was lucky as a river boat gambler to get Darnold which we all were shocked fell to us.  Wonderful, YES. But this cost us three #2's.  Second round draft picks don't grow on trees.     

3 minutes ago, LES said:

You've seemed to have lost your train of thought. I questioned your assertion that Macc created a tank chamber in 2017.  Signing McCown ultimately had an adverse effect on our draft position.  FIVE meaningless wins was the result and it dropped us to 6 in the draft.  Ih but he's a mentor to Hack and Petty and makes everyone better. So much for that argument.  Macc HAD to move up and was lucky as a river boat gambler to get Darnold which we all were shocked fell to us.  Wonderful, YES. But this cost us three #2's.  Second round draft picks don't grow on trees.     

If you think getting a journeyman QB that never stayed healthy a whole season (last year being no exception), has not stuck on a team more than 2 years except for the team that drafted him, has a career QB rating of about 75 or 80 was a move that would propel the Jets into anything, I dont know what to say. And I can understand Mac bringing in McCown. The Jets would have had a mutiny on there hands had they gone into the year with Petty and Hack as the only QB's because everyone on the team knew they can't  do the job. Give Mac credit for finding the absolute worst Vet QB place holder he could there was. 

Did the 5 games hurt, ultimately yes, but if you are going to try and tank, McCown is about as good a choice as you could make. 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Watching the Bills defense last night the OP may not need to pray.

There isn't a Jet fan on this sight who has the Balls to bet this game & pick the Jets & give the points...ABSOLUTELY NONE! 

But they'll talk a good story AFTER the game if the Jets squeak out a W. Similar to them making excuses for losses (But those teams are really tough). We are the Browns ONLY WIN. The Jaguars have lost 4 straight after handing us our azz! 

Add your own excuse here:  We lost because___________. Excuse, excuses, excuses with this organization. 

Archived