Todd Bowles is a LOSER!

Barry McCockinner

25 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Is no one here a psychiatrist or counselor?

We really need one on staff here for the emo fans.

Chill!  What the hell did people think was gonna happen with:

1. Top 3 WRs out
  2. Top receiving RB out
  3. Center out and the backup has the Guard nuding him when to snap the ball
  4. Top CB out
  5. Rookie QB
  6. Vs a pretty good team

It was actually better than I expected.

If players come back healthy, very good chance we're 5-5 in two weeks.

And D desperately needs an edge rusher. Only pressure they generate is via the blitz.  

I’d add top RB is still suffering from sprained ankle. Crowell should be inactive until he can get his burst back. He’s no threat out there right now. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Great sound bite but you think Bowles is a good HC???  NO TEAM will ever hire him again for HC.  

Unless upper management sees Darnold regressing Bowles is not going anywhere in year 2 of massive rebuild.

Do I think he is a good HC ? I think he is a defensive coach version of Coslet but in his defense no one. not Andy Reid, McVey or whatever hot offensive  OC be it in the NFL or College is going to generate offense when one WR was just signed this week, one is a punt returner and a third is your rookie QB's buddy from USC.

This team has no depth right and when you lose 3 of your 4 starting WR's and Bilal Powell chances are your rookie QB is going to have tough day.

I just don't see how Bowles is responsible for this loss today. They are not a good team and yet they were somehow still in this game in the 4th qtr down 7. If you want to kill him for not blitzing in the second half then I have no defense. We saw it in the Cleveland game earlier this year when the backed off and went zone the Browns ate them up and at a critical point today he backed off again.

That being said. Unless management see a major regression in Darnold then I don't think Bowles is going anywhere. Next year though when you have hopefully rebuilt the offensive line, gotten a top WR and a pass rusher and this is still happening then all bets are off. 

JMHO

3 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

& coach bowles is the worst of the bunch..

that's neat trick..

oh, coach bowles.....

Jeez, thanks for that.  Another who missed the point

I already said hes not good, being good has nothing to do with what I said.  

Can anyone give a good reason to why we should keep Todd?  What would firing him do to our record?  Would we go 3-13 instead of 5-11?  So what?

I say fire away and ride the season out with a fill in.  If Todd is back next year, good luck filling seats.  I for one won't watch....too painful.

21 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Sorry man, I'll knock the team when I feel it's deserving.  Don't think it is now.

Every damn week there's a loss, fans here overreact too much.  

Jets win it’s the players. Jets lose its the coaching. 

40 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

1. Top 3 WRs out
  2. Top receiving RB out
  4. Top CB out
  5. Rookie QB
  6. Vs a pretty good team

End of thread

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He did nothing wrong at the end of the game that cost us the game.  Ive heard fans on the losing end of games says this 100s of times.  They were completely outmanned and had no chance of winning if youre truthful with yourself.  We lost.  You do punt there, they game up all of 2 TDs on the day.  The stop has a much better chance of a offensive explosion by the Jets who couldnt move the ball all day. 

I could care less what victories a HC claims after a loss, especially one to a top team, in their house, a team even with our entire team healthy we'd be underdogs to

This doesnt make him a good coach to admit.  

He failed to give his team the best chance to win, which he does all the time. 

43 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

1. Top 3 WRs out
  2. Top receiving RB out
  4. Top CB out
  5. Rookie QB
  6. Vs a pretty good team

Oh God help us! Fans like u keep losers like Bowles employed.

Fans should boycott this team after watching the sh*tshow football they’ve had to watch in these 5 losses. 

3+ years Jet fans...3+

1 minute ago, SpartanJet said:

I think with the injuries TB has lucked out and given himself an extra life no matter how badly we play from here on out.  Very unfortunate I was really hoping to bring in an offensive minded coach.

Mac constructed this roster through his free agent frenzy and the draft. He should be held most responsible for the product on the field. Bowles not progressing as a head coach in 4 years when it comes to game planning, halftime adjustments, and overall game management makes him expendable too. Nobody worth hiring to be the next GM will want to come if they are forced to work with Todd Bowles. Both are dead men walking down the gang green mile. Talk of keeping them is futile should the Jets stay the course and crank out a 4 to 6 win season. Book it. No Magic Mike and Toddy Bowls need to hit the bricks a year ago. 

17 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Unless upper management sees Darnold regressing Bowles is not going anywhere in year 2 of massive rebuild.

Do I think he is a good HC ? I think he is a defensive coach version of Coslet but in his defense no one. not Andy Reid, McVey or whatever hot offensive  OC be it in the NFL or College is going to generate offense when one WR was just signed this week, one is a punt returner and a third is your rookie QB's buddy from USC.

This team has no depth right and when you lose 3 of your 4 starting WR's and Bilal Powell chances are your rookie QB is going to have tough day.

I just don't see how Bowles is responsible for this loss today. They are not a good team and yet they were somehow still in this game in the 4th qtr down 7. If you want to kill him for not blitzing in the second half then I have no defense. We saw it in the Cleveland game earlier this year when the backed off and went zone the Browns ate them up and at a critical point today he backed off again.

That being said. Unless management see a major regression in Darnold then I don't think Bowles is going anywhere. Next year though when you have hopefully rebuilt the offensive line, gotten a top WR and a pass rusher and this is still happening then all bets are off. 

JMHO

With JETS management, all bets are off but we are in year 4 of a rebuild.  MAC has done a terrible job with the roster but Bowles is simply a terrible HC. 

4 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Rich Kotite used to say exactly the same thing when the Jets were piling up losses and not playing competitive, professional level football. Very depressing.

OMG, I forgot about those loser pressers with Kotite. I’m proud of my guys, they played hard, OMG, I can hear his tough guy accent saying the same crap Bowles has been spewing, DEATH KNELL, complimenting unwatchable football.

43 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Oh God help us! Fans like u keep losers like Bowles employed.

Fans should boycott this team after watching the sh*tshow football they’ve had to watch in these 5 losses. 

3+ years Jet fans...3+

LOL. Love it when coach potato fans that spend half their days on a message board call professional athletes (current or retired) and coaches losers. 

2 hours ago, GaryM said:

I am so sick of Bowles and his laissez-faire attitude. From standing on the sidelines without any attitude or emotion to these bullsh*t press conferences. I want a HC who is willing to fight for his team. At the very least he could do it once in a while. How does someone with his attitude get a job like this in the first place. The team gets screwed on the field by the refs and Bowles says nothing. I could see if he was a good coach cutting him some slack, but he is a horrible coach and talks as if he is coaching a Pop Warner team. I have seen and heard enough of him to say goodbye and lets move on........

No doubt, Rex could had milked two more years out of this team with his two AFFC and a rookie QB if he had the same demeanor as Bowles.  Bowles's demeanor for some reason is a plus with these owners.  4 years not a single appearance in the playoff and Bowles probably getting at least two more years from Woody.  

1 minute ago, DRJETS said:

No doubt, Rex could had milked two more years out of this team with his two AFFC and a rookie QB if he had the same demeanor as Bowles.  Bowles's demeanor for some reason is a plus with these owners.  4 years not a single appearance in the playoff and Bowles probably getting at least two more years from Woody.  

This team is close to unwatchable. There’s Darnold & NOTHING, I’d be SHOCKED if we go 5-11 & he’s not fired. 

Top two receivers, starting center, top rb, and the starting TE after the first quarter are all out.

We need to play mistake free ball to have a chance.

Nope, let's have a dozen pre-snap penalties putting the kid in first and impossible every freaking drive!!!!!! 

How stupid are some of these guys?

It wasn't even loud.

How many false starts can a line have?

1st down: run for no gain.

2nd down: false start now 2nd and 15.

It's no mistake that a good coach's team tend to have few penalties.

At some point, you have to hold a coach accountable. This is the NFL and at the very least win some games. Last week and this week were games we needed to play perfect to win. However, the buck is passed on the coach who then passes on the players. The D was all in here today except Johnson (Roberts played a good game). The O was putrid! Our receiving Corp was non-existent, didn’t win on any routes and played like hot garbage which they are. The D has no excuse- Bowles should step in and take over! The O was a disgrace and Bowles should be calling out those receivers behind closed doors and MAC should be looking right now for someone who can potentially make a play.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

The penalties continue, always at critical times. 

Punting down 2 scores with 6 minutes left and pulling in the horns with timeouts in your pocket before half AGAIN is Pussyball.

My buddy that went to the game with me is a Bears fan. He and all the Bears fans nearby couldn’t understand why Bowles was punting there. They were flabbergasted. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This team is close to unwatchable. There’s Darnold & NOTHING, I’d be SHOCKED if we go 5-11 & he’s not fired. 

Nothing will ever surprise me about this team.  I don't know any other team that had drafted two TE in the first round within four year and none turn out to be good.  I used to be so optimist but I guess years of watching this team had taken a toll on me.  I wouldn't be surprise if we see Bowles back next year.  He could easily become our own lovable loser like the Bengals Marvin Jones.  We are the only team in the NFL that count moral victory as a W. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You do punt there, they game up all of 2 TDs on the day.  The stop has a much better chance of a offensive explosion by the Jets who couldnt move the ball all day. 

This is just absurd.

We needed to score two TDs in 5.5 minutes and only had one 3 and out stop the entire game. Scoring a TD in two minutes is a tall order and you want to throw in giving up possession and taking a less than 50% chance (I'm being generous here) of getting a 3 and out. We have to score twice either way mind you.

You're going to have to try a lot harder to convince anyone that punting is the right move there.

Unless your point is we just need to give up there and be proud we tried ... for most of the game, until it seemed too hard.

This guy needs to simply shut his mouth. One of the worst head coaches we’ve had in a long time. 

I’d take Rex, Mangini, Herm over him any day of the week. There’s not ONE person on this board that can name one thing Bowles is above average in. 

4 minutes ago, shevys said:

My buddy that went to the game with me is a Bears fan. He and all the Bears fans nearby couldn’t understand why Bowles was punting there. They were flabbergasted. 

We were in Pittsburgh two years ago,he did the same thing, and all the Steeler fans had the same reaction.

Bowles team also makes the same mistakes week in and out.
1. Penalties (especially at the worst moments)
2. 2nd half debacles (out coached after half time)
3. Generally does not generate pressure on the QB.
4. Post game pressers always about how hard the players tried (praises the team when they need a kick in the rear end)
5. Terrible clock management
6. The D folds in the biggest spot
7. Game plan seems shaky at best
8. We lose the game.
9. Our o-line is terrible in a big spot

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This guy needs to simply shut his mouth. One of the worst head coaches we’ve had in a long time. 

I’d take Rex, Mangini, Herm over him any day of the week. There’s not ONE person on this board that can name one thing Bowles is above average in. 

But he says all the nice thing that people want to hear (especially the owner) and too some that count in their scorecard.

Archived