Barry McCockinner

Todd Bowles is a LOSER!

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I can't see this team winning more than 6 games. Expect a 5-11 to 6-10 record, which means the entire coaching staff and front office is getting fired. A new power structure is needed. Hire a President of Football Operations/GM and have him hire an offensive minded coach from a great coaching tree. The Jets need to become fun to watch...they're currently stuck in the stone ages with an incompetent head coach who couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag. Our front office cannot find gamebreaker difference makers either. We are a suckhole organization from top to bottom.

That about sums it up for me

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

and how did that workout for those teams?  Or should I say ..teams that at the time sucked WORSE than we did.  

VERY few teams suck as bad a we do....  so I stand on our statement.

That makes which statement right and which one wrong?  

And no one was comparing teams, keep looking for something to change the idea that the comment made little sense.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes not a very good coach but how did Bowles coach us out of a win today.

If you dont know it wont be surprising, no one does

We didn't stand much of a chance going into the game with so many offensive injuries. Bowles consistently fails to give us the best chance of winning with his end game strategic decision making. You don't punt on 4th down down two scores with 5 minutes (or so) left. You are much more likely to convert a fourth and long and get your 2 scores than punt, hold and score twice.

And then he's proud of his team for trying hard. Or something.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We didn't stand much of a chance going into the game with so many offensive injuries. Bowles consistently fails to give us the best chance of winning with his end game strategic decision making. You don't punt on 4th down down two scores with 5 minutes (or so) left. You are much more likely to convert a fourth and long and get your 2 scores than punt, hold and score twice.

And then he's proud of his team for trying hard. Or something.

He did nothing wrong at the end of the game that cost us the game.  Ive heard fans on the losing end of games says this 100s of times.  They were completely outmanned and had no chance of winning if youre truthful with yourself.  We lost.  You do punt there, they game up all of 2 TDs on the day.  The stop has a much better chance of a offensive explosion by the Jets who couldnt move the ball all day. 

I could care less what victories a HC claims after a loss, especially one to a top team, in their house, a team even with our entire team healthy we'd be underdogs to

This doesnt make him a good coach to admit.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That makes which statement right and which one wrong?  

And no one was comparing teams, keep looking for something to change the idea that the comment made little sense.

OK Ill change my statement.  NO TEAM that is well run would consider hiring Bowles.  

25 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Is no one here a psychiatrist or counselor?

We really need one on staff here for the emo fans.

Chill!  What the hell did people think was gonna happen with:

1. Top 3 WRs out
  2. Top receiving RB out
  3. Center out and the backup has the Guard nuding him when to snap the ball
  4. Top CB out
  5. Rookie QB
  6. Vs a pretty good team

It was actually better than I expected.

If players come back healthy, very good chance we're 5-5 in two weeks.

And D desperately needs an edge rusher. Only pressure they generate is via the blitz.  

I’d add top RB is still suffering from sprained ankle. Crowell should be inactive until he can get his burst back. He’s no threat out there right now. 

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

OK Ill change my statement.  NO TEAM that is well run would consider hiring Bowles.  

And somehow this changes what I said.  Youre not really getting it.  

32 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Great sound bite but you think Bowles is a good HC???  NO TEAM will ever hire him again for HC.  

Unless upper management sees Darnold regressing Bowles is not going anywhere in year 2 of massive rebuild.

Do I think he is a good HC ? I think he is a defensive coach version of Coslet but in his defense no one. not Andy Reid, McVey or whatever hot offensive  OC be it in the NFL or College is going to generate offense when one WR was just signed this week, one is a punt returner and a third is your rookie QB's buddy from USC.

This team has no depth right and when you lose 3 of your 4 starting WR's and Bilal Powell chances are your rookie QB is going to have tough day.

I just don't see how Bowles is responsible for this loss today. They are not a good team and yet they were somehow still in this game in the 4th qtr down 7. If you want to kill him for not blitzing in the second half then I have no defense. We saw it in the Cleveland game earlier this year when the backed off and went zone the Browns ate them up and at a critical point today he backed off again.

That being said. Unless management see a major regression in Darnold then I don't think Bowles is going anywhere. Next year though when you have hopefully rebuilt the offensive line, gotten a top WR and a pass rusher and this is still happening then all bets are off. 

JMHO

3 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

& coach bowles is the worst of the bunch..

that's neat trick..

oh, coach bowles.....

Jeez, thanks for that.  Another who missed the point

I already said hes not good, being good has nothing to do with what I said.  

Can anyone give a good reason to why we should keep Todd?  What would firing him do to our record?  Would we go 3-13 instead of 5-11?  So what?

I say fire away and ride the season out with a fill in.  If Todd is back next year, good luck filling seats.  I for one won't watch....too painful.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And somehow this changes what I said.  Youre not really getting it.  

i didn't miss your point..

i don't consider other franchises making the same mistakes we did a badge of honor..

40 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

1. Top 3 WRs out
  2. Top receiving RB out
  4. Top CB out
  5. Rookie QB
  6. Vs a pretty good team

End of thread

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He did nothing wrong at the end of the game that cost us the game.  Ive heard fans on the losing end of games says this 100s of times.  They were completely outmanned and had no chance of winning if youre truthful with yourself.  We lost.  You do punt there, they game up all of 2 TDs on the day.  The stop has a much better chance of a offensive explosion by the Jets who couldnt move the ball all day. 

I could care less what victories a HC claims after a loss, especially one to a top team, in their house, a team even with our entire team healthy we'd be underdogs to

This doesnt make him a good coach to admit.  

He failed to give his team the best chance to win, which he does all the time. 

43 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

1. Top 3 WRs out
  2. Top receiving RB out
  4. Top CB out
  5. Rookie QB
  6. Vs a pretty good team

Oh God help us! Fans like u keep losers like Bowles employed.

Fans should boycott this team after watching the sh*tshow football they’ve had to watch in these 5 losses. 

3+ years Jet fans...3+

1 minute ago, SpartanJet said:

I think with the injuries TB has lucked out and given himself an extra life no matter how badly we play from here on out.  Very unfortunate I was really hoping to bring in an offensive minded coach.

Mac constructed this roster through his free agent frenzy and the draft. He should be held most responsible for the product on the field. Bowles not progressing as a head coach in 4 years when it comes to game planning, halftime adjustments, and overall game management makes him expendable too. Nobody worth hiring to be the next GM will want to come if they are forced to work with Todd Bowles. Both are dead men walking down the gang green mile. Talk of keeping them is futile should the Jets stay the course and crank out a 4 to 6 win season. Book it. No Magic Mike and Toddy Bowls need to hit the bricks a year ago. 

17 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Unless upper management sees Darnold regressing Bowles is not going anywhere in year 2 of massive rebuild.

Do I think he is a good HC ? I think he is a defensive coach version of Coslet but in his defense no one. not Andy Reid, McVey or whatever hot offensive  OC be it in the NFL or College is going to generate offense when one WR was just signed this week, one is a punt returner and a third is your rookie QB's buddy from USC.

This team has no depth right and when you lose 3 of your 4 starting WR's and Bilal Powell chances are your rookie QB is going to have tough day.

I just don't see how Bowles is responsible for this loss today. They are not a good team and yet they were somehow still in this game in the 4th qtr down 7. If you want to kill him for not blitzing in the second half then I have no defense. We saw it in the Cleveland game earlier this year when the backed off and went zone the Browns ate them up and at a critical point today he backed off again.

That being said. Unless management see a major regression in Darnold then I don't think Bowles is going anywhere. Next year though when you have hopefully rebuilt the offensive line, gotten a top WR and a pass rusher and this is still happening then all bets are off. 

JMHO

With JETS management, all bets are off but we are in year 4 of a rebuild.  MAC has done a terrible job with the roster but Bowles is simply a terrible HC. 

4 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Rich Kotite used to say exactly the same thing when the Jets were piling up losses and not playing competitive, professional level football. Very depressing.

OMG, I forgot about those loser pressers with Kotite. I’m proud of my guys, they played hard, OMG, I can hear his tough guy accent saying the same crap Bowles has been spewing, DEATH KNELL, complimenting unwatchable football.