Todd Bowles is a LOSER!

Barry McCockinner

Just now, jgb said:

Boring and predictable can work when you have a talent advantage and can depend on superior execution to win ball games. When you have a talent gap, you're exactly right you're only chance is to mix it up and take chances. Bowles is the wrong kind of coach for where this team is now.

This entire team under Macc and Bowles has regressed other than a franchise QB we have nothing on offense. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Todd Bowles has made the pinnacle of football coaching. In his 4th season and is making $4,000,000 this season.

Reached the pinnacle as a player winning a super bowl ring.

I hope everyone on here is losing at that level. 

Huh?

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

Why do I need to be related to Bowles to point out calling him a loser is ridiculous. 

Call him a sh*tty coach but Bowles has obviously not failed in life. 

Maybe that label is more apt a description for some on here?

well facts being facts the numbers prove you other wise, player development also proves you otherwise, pre-snap penalties. I am curious on what metric you are measuring ,by height? because by most foot ball metrics he is not a successful head coach unless you know of some other way saying a coach is successful as a coach not a player. I really do not care about what he has done previously to coaching this team other then it got him the job. It is what you do when you get the job. and what he has done is complied a loosing record and the fans have watched him make the same mistakes and watch the team make the same mental errors. There is no defense for that going into year 5. Either develop as coach or you don't and he has not.

So the uestion how do defend a guy with a loosing record watching him and his team make the same mistakes over and over again, refuse to change in game to adapt to the other team.

Two logical answers pop into mind either you related or a friend or your a fan of the coach and not the team, Because if you were a fan of the team you would want him to grow into a successful coach and there has been no growth.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do you think relying on the other team to muff the punt is a good strategy? Is it more likely than converting a 4th and 13? I highly doubt it. You also have to recover the muff, which makes it even less likely. 

no not relying on the muff. just stating what actually happened. there was a chance to recover a muff punt

19 minutes ago, rammagen said:

well facts being facts the numbers prove you other wise, player development also proves you otherwise, pre-snap penalties. I am curious on what metric you are measuring ,by height? because by most foot ball metrics he is not a successful head coach unless you know of some other way saying a coach is successful as a coach not a player. I really do not care about what he has done previously to coaching this team other then it got him the job. It is what you do when you get the job. and what he has done is complied a loosing record and the fans have watched him make the same mistakes and watch the team make the same mental errors. There is no defense for that going into year 5. Either develop as coach or you don't and he has not.

So the uestion how do defend a guy with a loosing record watching him and his team make the same mistakes over and over again, refuse to change in game to adapt to the other team.

Two logical answers pop into mind either you related or a friend or your a fan of the coach and not the team, Because if you were a fan of the team you would want him to grow into a successful coach and there has been no growth.

Simple. The roster the last 2.5 seasons has been absolute garbage and a bottom five roster. Granted Mac stripped the roster last year on purpose to draft a QB. 

I agree its time for a coaching change and anyone who posts that Mac should be brought back is not realizing the majority of this mess is with the GM. Not saying Bowles is a great coach but he's been given absolute sh*t these past 3 seasons. 

There was not going to be success these past 2.5 no matter who the coach was.

Simply saying you can save the long unoriginal post trying to defend calling the guy a loser. 

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

Simple. The roster the last 2.5 seasons has been absolute garbage and a bottom five roster. Granted Mac stripped the roster last year on purpose to draft a QB. 

I agree its time for a coaching change and anyone who posts that Mac should be brought back is not realizing the majority of this mess is with the GM. Not saying Bowles is a great coach but he's been given absolute sh*t these past 3 seasons. 

There was not going to be success these past 2.5 no matter who the coach was.

Simply saying you can save the long unoriginal post trying to defend calling the guy a loser. 

dude your the guy defending Bowles so please just stop. You can blame Macc all you want but when you see the same garbage from coach game after game the same mental issues and penalties game after game you can't blame the gm for that. At some point the coach needs to coach and when he does please wake us up. Long and un-original you did not really answer a single point in the post so i guess we know where this is going. 

34 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

That's debatable.

Just saying if the Jets recover that muff then it may have been a difference outcome.

Unless you can show me it's statistically more probable to punt, and recover a muff than to convert a 4th and 13 it's not debatable. 

EXAMPLE

If you have a 25% chance of converting 4th and 13 and a 2% chance of punting and recovering a muffed punt, punting and recovering a muff is still not the correct decision. You got paid off for making a dumb decision. It happens - 2% of the time.

edit: in 2017 a little less than 4% of all punts were fumbled. That doesn't take into account whether it was recovered.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Unless you can show me it's statistically more probable to punt, and recover a muff than to convert a 4th and 13 it's not debatable. 

EXAMPLE

If you have a 25% chance of converting 4th and 13 and a 2% chance of punting and recovering a muffed punt, punting and recovering a muff is still not the correct decision. You got paid off for making a dumb decision. It happens - 2% of the time.

edit: in 2017 a little less than 4% of all punts were fumbled. That doesn't take into account whether it was recovered.

I say it's debatable because there are coaches that punt in that situation. I believe Gase the week before. You quoted me when all I was saying is there was an opportunity to recover a muff punt. No one brought it up. I did.

4 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I say it's debatable because there are coaches that punt in that situation. I believe Gase the week before. You quoted me when all I was saying is there was an opportunity to recover a muff punt. No one brought it up. I did.

Coaches that punt in that situation are making a mistake. You brought up the muffed punt as if it should have been a factor in making the decision. I don't believe it should based on the low probability of it turning into a muff/recovery.

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

dude your the guy defending Bowles so please just stop. You can blame Macc all you want but when you see the same garbage from coach game after game the same mental issues and penalties game after game you can't blame the gm for that. At some point the coach needs to coach and when he does please wake us up. Long and un-original you did not really answer a single point in the post so i guess we know where this is going. 

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

wait look up and the post where he is now saying Bowles needs to go. this just seems so bipolar, he is mad because we called him out? I am not sure

My defense of Bowles is the guy shouldn't be called a loser. That's all I posted. Call him sh*tty as much as you want. Your blind hatred has your panties in a bunch which made you go on a long boring diatribe about Bowles is sh*tty at this and that which has been stated ad nauseam. Hows this. You're the loser. I can blame Macc all I want, thanks, it's what I did. Bowles is not a good enough coach to take the very poor roster to victories. There are coaches in the NFL who may be able to but that's a short list. I think I've explained myself enough for your satisfaction. You get a star for supposedly calling someone out about the Jets coaching situation. 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Coaches that punt in that situation are making a mistake. You brought up the muffed punt as if it should have been a factor in making the decision. I don't believe it should based on the low probability of it turning into a muff/recovery.

I brought up the muff punt because it's what happened. Not to defend a point either way. 

Todd Bowles' hot seat is growing warmer by the second

-edited

If the losing continues, the fourth-year head coach could be a goner before Thanksgiving

The Jets have become the worst possible thing a professional sports team in New York can be -- boring.

The play is uninspiring, the rookie quarterback is bland, the offensive weapons are scarce and not only does the head coach lose, but his monotone press conferences would put most folks to sleep.

How did this happen? 

After their Week 1 win in Detroit, they were one of the most buzz-worthy teams around. Even in defeat Week 3 in Cleveland, they played exciting football.

Sunday in Chicago was a snooze-fest. Blame injuries, blame pre-snap penalties, blame whatever or whomever you want. But it's time to lay most of this on Todd Bowles. He's a fine players' coach, and a football lifer who seems like a man of sound integrity. But his teams just don't have any moxie. 

Somehow, he was proud of his team after Sunday's performance.

"This is one of the first game the entire year we've stayed together and fought, collectively," he said after the game. "Execution was not great, obviously, and we've got to make more plays, and we know that."

He's probably referring to not coming apart at the seams due to a rash of injuries, but please. If that's staying together, I don't want to see what falling apart looks like.

Jamal Adams can talk with the best of 'em in the NFL, the secondary can come up with catchy nicknames, they can continuously drone on about how "their close" to being a good team.

But they're not.

They're going to miss the playoffs for the eighth straight season, and after Sunday's 24-10 loss to the Bears, they have won only two road games in their last 13. They are 3-5 for the third straight season going into a three-game stretch against division opponents that will likely determine if Bowles continues with the team. 

He is signed through 2020, but the team could buy him out. If the Jets lose to the Dolphins this week and at home against the Bills next, expect him to be fired during their Week 11 bye.

Bowles offered one of the more ridiculous responses in his weekly conference call on Monday when asked why the Jets weren't making enough plays.

"There's nothing you can do, we're working hard at them," he said. "We make them in practice, we just got to carry them over to the game."

Is that a shot at GM Mike Maccagnan for not getting him the personnel necessary to win?

Six of the Jets' eight accepted penalties Sunday were false starts -- and that speaks to preparation and coaching, since the players just couldn't seem to be bothered to remember the snap count.

Bowles called the false starts "the most disheartening thing of the whole ball game" on Monday.

If the Jets don't clean things up in a hurry, they'll start cleaning house instead.

Actually IMO Bowles fate lies in the next two games.  Both the Fish and the Bills are bad teams.  Jets could/should beat both of them.  I'm sure their fans feel the reverse.

If the Jets beat both of them, and have the Bills again, the Jets are at 6 wins.  An improvement.

If they lose both, Bowles is probably gone.  

On 10/29/2018 at 10:39 AM, joewilly12 said:

The Johnson brothers know nothing about football or Macc and Bowles would be long gone. 

The second he punted on 4th down in the 4th Qtr for the 2nd time instead of trying to win is when he should have be bounced.  Mac and his “look I’m busy” 1,001 coffee cups.  It’s like 2 not very good con men holding the Jets hostage...and the Johnson brothers just can’t see it.

On 10/28/2018 at 6:02 PM, Augustiniak said:

Not only this - all those runs for no yards in obvious passing situations - you think they’re supposed to ‘protect’ darnold so he’s not forced to do too much.  I think they’re protecting the rest of the offense, b/c nobody can get open and most of the active wrs flat out suck at catching.  The team is protecting the gm for fielding such a crappy unit.

Yes, you’re right on point.

Then again I’ve virtually never known a Jet regime, my entire life, who wasn’t a “Mom and Pop” operation where all those receiving (most of them undeserving) paychecks covered for each other.  They fire Bradway but still keep him in the organization.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:47 PM, flgreen said:

Actually IMO Bowles fate lies in the next two games.  Both the Fish and the Bills are bad teams.  Jets could/should beat both of them.  I'm sure their fans feel the reverse.

If the Jets beat both of them, and have the Bills again, the Jets are at 6 wins.  An improvement.

If they lose both, Bowles is probably gone.  

We’ll lose to Miami and beat the Bills.  I think we end up 6-10 which means another extension 

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The second he punted on 4th down in the 4th Qtr for the 2nd time instead of trying to win is when he should have be bounced.  Mac and his “look I’m busy” 1,001 coffee cups.  It’s like 2 not very good con men holding the Jets hostage...and the Johnson brothers just can’t see it.

Bowles isn’t as stupid as he looks.  He knows the Johnsons barely follow the team and probably all they notice is the box score the night after the game

On 11/1/2018 at 5:45 PM, Philc1 said:

Bowles isn’t as stupid as he looks.  He knows the Johnsons barely follow the team and probably all they notice is the box score the night after the game

You know you could be right.  Why else would he do all he can to make the Final Score look less than a total blowout, knowing he's making the fanbase's blood boil because he's not even trying to win the game, but he doesn't care, another fat paycheck going to hit his bank account.  I swear, and I don't think I'm far off base.  Do you think Bowles and Maccagnan actually giggle every Monday all day and say to each other,"I can't believe we didn't get fired yet, actually I can't believe we were hired for these jobs in the first place we've been getting over on Johnson 4 years running, I swore to myself we'd be gone by Year 2, we'll probably get 5 years before he finally pulls the curtain on us".

On 10/28/2018 at 4:26 PM, jeremy2020 said:

I'm telling you now. He was given a "safe" year if he started Darnold. He'll be back.

Yep. Otherwise McClown would have played the entire year. No doubt whatsoever. If they continue to suck halfway thru 2019, they may not wait to pull the plug on him until the end of the season. 

Archived