Todd Bowles is a LOSER!

Barry McCockinner

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I can't see this team winning more than 6 games. Expect a 5-11 to 6-10 record, which means the entire coaching staff and front office is getting fired. A new power structure is needed. Hire a President if Football Operations/GM and have him hire an offensive minded coach from a great coaching tree. The Jets need to become fun to watch...they're currently stuck in the stone ages with an incompetent head coach who couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag. Our front office cannot find gamebreaker difference makers.

I hope we lose out.....  4 wins. 6 wins.  What’s the difference.  I’d rather pick at 4 than 7. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Difference between playing well and not having talent.  Most of these guys we picked up off the streets practically. Not defending bowles but gotta be a little fair

I get that they don't have talent at the skill positions. But you have to try something. Even the guys on the SNY post game show are saying it. Throw the ball down the field and one of your guys might jump up and catch it on a 50/50 ball like Burnett did on the only TD drive they had.

The Jets rave about Herndon, run him up the seam and try and create an opportunity with your young tight end and let him try and make a play. Run Cannon on a wheel route (which they actually did do early in the game). 

I understand they have injuries and they aren't very good to begin with, but I had a huge problem with the game plan today, and the inability to adjust it when it wasn't working. Try some crossing patterns to free up a receiver who isn't a burner. You have to still play the game with the talent that you do have.

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I get that they don't have talent at the skill positions. But you have to try something. Even the guys on the SNY post game show are saying it. Throw the ball down the field and one of your guys might jump up and catch it on a 50/50 ball like Burnett did on the only TD drive they had.

The Jets rave about Herndon, run him up the seam and try and create an opportunity with your young tight end and let him try and make a play. Run Cannon on a wheel route (which they actually did do early in the game). 

I understand they have injuries and they aren't very good to begin with, but I had a huge problem with the game plan today, and the inability to adjust it when it wasn't working. Try some crossing patterns to free up a receiver who isn't a burner. You have to still play the game with the talent that you do have.

too many fans are ok with this coaching staff basically throwing up it's hands and saying, "Oh well, what can you do?"

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I hope we lose out.....  4 wins. 6 wins.  What’s the difference.  I’d rather pick at 4 than 7. 

I care more about losing to get rid of Bowles/Macc than a high draft pick. That could be a cherry on the top getting a difference maker in the draft. 

I think it's hilarious watching the Bowles/Rogers defense. People forget this dude was sold to us as a rising defensive coaching star with the perfect attitude to be a head coach. He's shown nothing in 3+ years, NOTHING. I Truly can't name one thing he does well? We can't even get a mistake free SERIES not 1 series without some type of screw up, that's coaching after 3+ years. You can use that excuse when you 1st show up like every coach does, "wait until I get the players I want", doesn't work 3+ years down the road. 

Is no one here a psychiatrist or counselor?

We really need one on staff here for the emo fans.

Chill!  What the hell did people think was gonna happen with:

1. Top 3 WRs out
  2. Top receiving RB out
  3. Center out and the backup has the Guard nuding him when to snap the ball
  4. Top CB out
  5. Rookie QB
  6. Vs a pretty good team

It was actually better than I expected.

If players come back healthy, very good chance we're 5-5 in two weeks.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

1. Top 3 WRs out
  2. Top receiving RB out
  3. Center out and the back has the Guard nuding him when to snap the ball
  4. Top CB out
  5. Rookie QB
  6. Vs a pretty good team

We expect the coach to play to win and not be satisfied with anything less. That is all.

This is the NFL, not peewee football.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

1. Top 3 WRs out
  2. Top receiving RB out
  4. Top CB out
  5. Rookie QB
  6. Vs a pretty good team

Make this offense  totally healthy and it is still awful or have you not figured that one yet.

But by all means have a beer and chill out and enjoy another few years of mac and bowles and awful football.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Make this offense  totally healthy and it is still awful or have you not figured that one yet.

But by all means have a beer and chill out and enjoy another few years of mac and bowles and awful football.

Well it's not a contender by any means yet, but it can be halfway decent with some health.

Ahead of schedule imo.

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is year 5 of  his tenure and he is going for moral victories against medium level teams.

Can anyone, especially the people who love to point out imaginary mistakes by the owner, GM, HC, players, etc, do math well enough to know the difference between year 4 and 5?  This isnt year 5.  

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

1. Top 3 WRs out
  2. Top receiving RB out
  4. Top CB out
  5. Rookie QB
  6. Vs a pretty good team

today or the last 4 years running??

this regime is shamefully incompetent.. has been since they walked in the door..

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

You don't get it. 

This is exactly the problem. He's fine with winning, not just fine he's PROUD. They tried after all.

Sorry man, I'll knock the team when I feel it's deserving.  Don't think it is now.

Every damn week there's a loss, fans here overreact too much.  

29 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I can't see this team winning more than 6 games. Expect a 5-11 to 6-10 record, which means the entire coaching staff and front office is getting fired. A new power structure is needed. Hire a President of Football Operations/GM and have him hire an offensive minded coach from a great coaching tree. The Jets need to become fun to watch...they're currently stuck in the stone ages with an incompetent head coach who couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag. Our front office cannot find gamebreaker difference makers either. We are a suckhole organization from top to bottom.

That about sums it up for me

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

and how did that workout for those teams?  Or should I say ..teams that at the time sucked WORSE than we did.  

VERY few teams suck as bad a we do....  so I stand on our statement.

That makes which statement right and which one wrong?  

And no one was comparing teams, keep looking for something to change the idea that the comment made little sense.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes not a very good coach but how did Bowles coach us out of a win today.

If you dont know it wont be surprising, no one does

We didn't stand much of a chance going into the game with so many offensive injuries. Bowles consistently fails to give us the best chance of winning with his end game strategic decision making. You don't punt on 4th down down two scores with 5 minutes (or so) left. You are much more likely to convert a fourth and long and get your 2 scores than punt, hold and score twice.

And then he's proud of his team for trying hard. Or something.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We didn't stand much of a chance going into the game with so many offensive injuries. Bowles consistently fails to give us the best chance of winning with his end game strategic decision making. You don't punt on 4th down down two scores with 5 minutes (or so) left. You are much more likely to convert a fourth and long and get your 2 scores than punt, hold and score twice.

And then he's proud of his team for trying hard. Or something.

He did nothing wrong at the end of the game that cost us the game.  Ive heard fans on the losing end of games says this 100s of times.  They were completely outmanned and had no chance of winning if youre truthful with yourself.  We lost.  You do punt there, they game up all of 2 TDs on the day.  The stop has a much better chance of a offensive explosion by the Jets who couldnt move the ball all day. 

I could care less what victories a HC claims after a loss, especially one to a top team, in their house, a team even with our entire team healthy we'd be underdogs to

This doesnt make him a good coach to admit.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That makes which statement right and which one wrong?  

And no one was comparing teams, keep looking for something to change the idea that the comment made little sense.

OK Ill change my statement.  NO TEAM that is well run would consider hiring Bowles.  

Archived