Todd Bowles is a LOSER!

Barry McCockinner

18 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Bowles team also makes the same mistakes week in and out.
1. Penalties (especially at the worst moments)
2. 2nd half debacles (out coached after half time)
3. Generally does not generate pressure on the QB.
4. Post game pressers always about how hard the players tried (praises the team when they need a kick in the rear end)
5. Terrible clock management
6. The D folds in the biggest spot
7. Game plan seems shaky at best
8. We lose the game.
9. Our o-line is terrible in a big spot

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Mike GreenbergVerified account @Espngreeny

Todd Bowles declined an offensive pass interference on that drive that would have made it 2nd and 20. Then another pre-snap penalty on a third down. The #JetsNYJets2018.png are not a well coached team. That isn’t an opinion, it’s a statement of fact.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:
Mike GreenbergVerified account @Espngreeny

Todd Bowles declined an offensive pass interference on that drive that would have made it 2nd and 20. Then another pre-snap penalty on a third down. The #JetsNYJets2018.png are not a well coached team. That isn’t an opinion, it’s a statement of fact.

So NOW Greenberg knows what he’s talking about? Don’t recall that being said before. 

54 minutes ago, C Mart said:

LOL. Love it when coach potato fans that spend half their days on a message board call professional athletes (current or retired) and coaches losers. 

Todd Bowles is in over his head, It happens to a lot of smart people in business and sports. A HC requires a very defined and broad skill set.  Bowles does not seem to have it.  I would argue  he was a one time DC and never really showed HC potential.  Doesn’t make him a loser. He has reached the upper heights in his profession.  He is a success. This is a tough job, he simply appears to be a quiet REX. 

Jets fans have come to really be accustomed to mediocrity and horrible, listless seasons.  So instead of rooting for sustained success, stability, a foundation, consistency--they root for "FIRE _________!" every single season.  I used to be part of this crowd, now I am just over it.  It's getting old.

Don't fire anyone.  WE NEED CONSISTENCY, STABILITY, SUSTAINABILITY, A FOUNDATION.  Good franchises aren't a rotating door every other year, they are just NOT.  Enough is enough.  

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Jets fans have come to really be accustomed to mediocrity and horrible, listless seasons.  So instead of rooting for sustained success, stability, a foundation, consistency--they root for "FIRE _________!" every single season.  I used to be part of this crowd, now I am just over it.  It's getting old.

Don't fire anyone.  WE NEED CONSISTENCY, STABILITY, SUSTAINABILITY, A FOUNDATION.  Good franchises aren't a rotating door every other year, they are just NOT.  Enough is enough.  

We have consistency.  6 to 8 win seasons.  

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

What does Todd Bowles do well as a head coach that makes you believe he can lead us into success?

What does Todd Bowles do well as a head coach that makes you believe he can lead us into success?

That’s the exact point which I stress. Can you move forward with Bowles? Can he take this team from inconsistent to eventually super bowl caliber. We can’t praise him for so so play and let him keep the job due to maintaining consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Todd Bowles is in over his head, It happens to a lot of smart people in business and sports. A HC requires a very defined and broad skill set.  Bowles does not seem to have it.  I would argue  he was a one time DC and never really showed HC potential.  Doesn’t make him a loser. He has reached the upper heights in his profession.  He is a success. This is a tough job, he simply appears to be a quiet REX. 

Well said man. 

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

What's the alternative?  Honestly, name one? 

name one?  I could name 50 people i would rather have. 

I can just see the rams forum and someone saying a year or so ago, fire jeff fisher  who is the alternative? name him!

57 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is just absurd.

We needed to score two TDs in 5.5 minutes and only had one 3 and out stop the entire game. Scoring a TD in two minutes is a tall order and you want to throw in giving up possession and taking a less than 50% chance (I'm being generous here) of getting a 3 and out. We have to score twice either way mind you.

You're going to have to try a lot harder to convince anyone that punting is the right move there.

Unless your point is we just need to give up there and be proud we tried ... for most of the game, until it seemed too hard.

You're arguing with the biggest delusional Jet fan on the board. No matter how many sh*t sandwiches he eats he still defends all of the terrible decisions this team had made over the decades and continues to make on a weekly basis. 

I dont think Bowles or McCagnan get fired. Everyone is so concerned with Bowles  and his lack of intensity  on the sideline and press conferences. Seems to work for Belicheck,. All indications show that Bowles is very intense behind closed doors, it's what you want from a HC. Take Isah Crowell and the  selfish penalty he took in Cleveland wiping his ass after a touchdown. Say what you want, but it never happened again. Can't say the same about the Giants and Beckum. Bowles makes it all about the players, and nothing about the HC. He has no ego whenit comes to that. I'll take that 1000 times over Rex Ryan. As far as the GM goes, our past drafts do not look good at all. Not many players to hang your hat on. However our draft is looking pretty good this year.  Darnald, Herndon, Cannon, Nickerson, Sheppard have all improved nicely week to week. Burnett looks like a nice pick up as well. This year was all about the development of Darnald (mostly) and our other drafted  young players. Hard to argue they are not, just hasn't translated into wins just yet. 

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I dont think Bowles or McCagnan get fired. Everyone is so concerned with Bowles  and his lack of intensity  on the sideline and press conferences. Seems to work for Belicheck,. All indications show that Bowles is very intense behind closed doors, it's what you want from a HC. Take Isah Crowell and the  selfish penalty he took in Cleveland wiping his ass after a touchdown. Say what you want, but it never happened again. Can't say the same about the Giants and Beckum. Bowles makes it all about the players, and nothing about the HC. He has no ego whenit comes to that. I'll take that 1000 times over Rex Ryan. As far as the GM goes, our past drafts do not look good at all. Not many players to hang your hat on. However our draft is looking pretty good this year.  Darnald, Herndon, Cannon, Nickerson, Sheppard have all improved nicely week to week. Burnett looks like a nice pick up as well. This year was all about the development of Darnald (mostly) and our other drafted  young players. Hard to argue they are not, just hasn't translated into wins just yet. 

Where you been boy???  Nice to see you post!

We need a GM and Coach that knows the Jets,Fans of the Jets, Always wanted to Coach the Jets 

Its going to take someone tht really want to turn things around Nd knows tanlet someone tht keeps things real like Bart Scott (not sayn he should be the coach) but someone that’s dedicated Nd not just looking for a HC or GM job it’s been 5 years we still in the same position weak roster Nd conservative football never aggressive at all not to mention poor play calling Nd how our guys give up as if they already knew games we was gonna lose 

2 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Why did these things happen in the 1st place?

You are saying he his good at correcting behavior that should have been addressed long ago.  He has been the coach for years and each year we are STILL having those dumb penalties so forgive me if i am not patting boles on the head for correcting something that should be addressed in camp.

I have no issue with being the quiet say nothing coach if you do a good job coaching,  He is awful and the team is undisciplined. 

There are a few VERY troubling issues with this guy.  The highest paid players who are supposed to be you best players play terrible under bowles.

He is awful.

37 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So Bowles is the most winningest Jets coach in play off history not saying much but it is what it is, posting a 4-2 in the play off and also made two AFFCG with a arguably one of the all time best defense with no pass rush in 2009?  At least some of you that hate Rex could say that at the very least, he live up to his defensive genius unlike our current coaches.  

21 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

"Ya know who we need, ______________________________(insert hot OC/DC name), that will really turn this franchise around".

Sick and tired of hearing this year after year after year.

Above my pay grade but when I need a surgeon, I don’t hire a general practitioner.  I find a surgeon.  Bowles is not a HC and want to keep him because it’s the easy thing to do.  There’s a reason we only get rookie HCs.  

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s thinking, the team played well enough for me to keep my job.  That is all.  That’s it.

The 4th Qtr punt on 4th down, down 14 points, near mid field, 5 minutes and change left.  The bast**d does it AGAIN hahahaha.

Anyone who has even limited critical thinking ability understands that that move was to keep the Final Score a “not too bad” cosmetic 14 point loss on the Road in “tough conditions”.  This man ONLY cares about his job first and foremost.  Does not care about winning or the future of the team.  And guess what, I can guarantee you that the incompetent who owns (really given is better terminology) the team told him he gets another free year this year, because if that weren’t the case you KNOW McCown would have been starting Day 1.

i remember when he first did the same thing in Pittsburgh punting like this is the 4th and I couldn’t believe what I was seeking, now he has done it multiple times.

If this team had real ownership he would have been fired the 2nd time he did it.  But they don’t.  Face facts, the Jets are a business first and foremost just as they are a means to an end for Bowles and Maccagnan to continue to collect paychecks they don’t deserve.  They’re just like the NY Mets.

Jet fans just like Met fans....are suckers.

Theyre unwatchable and Bowles couldn’t make the playoffs if he had the 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers roster under his charge.

4 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

So Bowles is the most winningest Jets coach in play off history not saying much but it is what it is, posting a 4-2 in the play off and also made two AFFCG with a arguably one of the all time best defense with no pass rush in 2009?  At least some of you that hate Rex could say that at the very least, he live up to his defensive genius unlike our current coaches.  

Bowles isn't in the conversation with Rex. Rex was a better head coach and a better defensive coordinator. Rex also played to win. I don't know how anyone could put them on the same level tbh.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Bowles isn't in the conversation with Rex. Rex was a better head coach and a better defensive coordinator. Rex also played to win. I don't know how anyone could put them on the same level tbh.

But the Jets fan that hate him with passion believe that 4-2 in the play off, two affcg with rookie QB went 12 TD 20 INT and 2009 being one of the all time best defense with no pass rush is just a quiet Bowles.   

4 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

But the Jets fan that hate him with passion believe that 4-2 in the play off, two affcg with rookie QB went 12 TD 20 INT and 2009 being one of the all time best defense with no pass rush is just a quiet Bowles.   

To be fair Rex did inherit a much better roster which he and tannenbaum proceeded to destroy.

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

To be fair Rex did inherit a much better roster which he and tannenbaum proceeded to destroy.

But Mangini got fired because every week his defense made every bum look like Joe montana.  They went from #18 under Mangini into #1  with the same personnel.  It was probably was our year if we had kept Bret one more year instead of Mark Sanchez. 

3 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

But Mangini got fired because every week his defense made every bum look like Joe montana.  They went from #18 under Mangini into #1  with the same personnel.  It was probably was our year if we had kept Bret one more year instead of Mark Sanchez. 

I agree. Mangini wasn't a good coach but he was better than Rex at roster building with tannenbaum.

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I agree. Mangini wasn't a good coach but he was better than Rex at roster building with tannenbaum.

Don't disagree with you there.  Tannenbaum get little credit here when you count all the quality players he drafted including two great HOF Revis and Mangold.

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why did these things happen in the 1st place?

You are saying he his good at correcting behavior that should have been addressed long ago.  He has been the coach for years and each year we are STILL having those dumb penalties so forgive me if i am not patting boles on the head for correcting something that should be addressed in camp.

I have no issue with being the quiet say nothing coach if you do a good job coaching,  He is awful and the team is undisciplined. 

There are a few VERY troubling issues with this guy.  The highest paid players who are supposed to be you best players play terrible under bowles.

He is awful.

Awful? Guess its how you look at it. There were zero expectations this season with Darnald. He has not regressed, actually the opposite, gotten better most  weeks. Its all you can ask for this season. Cant say the same for Mayfield, Allen, and  Rosen (first good game was today). Bowels has to get some credit for Darnald's progression. You want the Shermer, the Giants HC? Filled with excuses, defensive, whinny,and  condescending. Unsuccessful with the weapons he has. .Most recently (today) we competed better than i thought we would. The players did not give up. This is a credit to Bowles.We were in this game until the 4th quarter. We have a limited offense when all are healthy. Our players are inexperienced. Enunwa coming into his own but far from a seasoned veteran, and he's out. No Robbie Anderson, Powell and a banged up secondary. McGuire will be back next week with Cannon. Burnett looks like a nice pick up with potential. Sheppard and Nickerson look like good picks along with Adams and Maye from last year., Bigger picture, Darnald had no turnovers and a TD with a patchwork offense and different starting center. Listening to the post game show , they stated its most likely why there were so many pre snap penalties. I dont think Bowels is as bad as this board portrays him. 

47 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Take Isah Crowell and the  selfish penalty he took in Cleveland wiping his ass after a touchdown. Say what you want, but it never happened again.

Wow. What extraordinary coaching that was, not having Crowell pretend the football is a wad of Charmin again. Good job, Todd. 

11 minutes ago, shevys said:

Wow. What extraordinary coaching that was, not having Crowell pretend the football is a wad of Charmin again. Good job, Todd. 

Yes it is good coaching. Crowell's bonehead display was the start of the demise in Cleveland. That team was dead and burried and it gave them life and they beat us. Just stating for the fans who complain that Bowles shows no emotion on the sidelines and in press conferences. Can you say the same for Shurmer with the Giants and Beckum? Same antics from Beckum and it continues to affect the team negatively. Say what you want about Bowles but it never happened again 

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I’m so sick of him not giving the good press conferences. All he gives are the bad press conferences.

Thank you!!

Some of these critiques remind me of when Herm Edwards was pilloried for not unleashing the great Brooks Bollinger.......

49 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The 4th Qtr punt on 4th down, down 14 points, near mid field, 5 minutes and change left.  The bast**d does it AGAIN hahahaha.

Anyone who has even limited critical thinking ability understands that that move was to keep the Final Score a “not too bad” cosmetic 14 point loss on the Road in “tough conditions”.  This man ONLY cares about his job first and foremost.  Does not care about winning or the future of the team.  And guess what, I can guarantee you that the incompetent who owns (really given is better terminology) the team told him he gets another free year this year, because if that weren’t the case you KNOW McCown would have been starting Day 1.

i remember when he first did the same thing in Pittsburgh punting like this is the 4th and I couldn’t believe what I was seeking, now he has done it multiple times.

If this team had real ownership he would have been fired the 2nd time he did it.  But they don’t.  Face facts, the Jets are a business first and foremost just as they are a means to an end for Bowles and Maccagnan to continue to collect paychecks they don’t deserve.  They’re just like the NY Mets.

Theyre unwatchable and Bowles couldn’t make the playoffs if he had the 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers roster under his charge.

Not only this - all those runs for no yards in obvious passing situations - you think they’re supposed to ‘protect’ darnold so he’s not forced to do too much.  I think they’re protecting the rest of the offense, b/c nobody can get open and most of the active wrs flat out suck at catching.  The team is protecting the gm for fielding such a crappy unit.

49 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Bowles doesnt understand that if you go for 4th down, you have a chance to make it and win the game BUT if you punt you cannot score barring some turnover fluke AND you are in exactly the SAME EXACT situation, needing you defense to hold to a 3 and out. My goodness he is so dumb.

Archived