Todd Bowles is a LOSER!

Barry McCockinner

6 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Yeah let’s blame Bowles for the lack of talent on the team

We Suck and have sucked for years

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Take away  the talent issue and look at his in game coaching.  Awful

Look at the discipline issue, which is not talent related, awful.

Look at the defense that has had all resources put into, iffy at best.

Look at how the highest paid players play  on this team, underachievers.

Sorry the lack of talent talk is only one factor in his craptacular coaching.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Take away  the talent issue and look at his in game coaching.  Awful

Look at the discipline issue, which is not talent related, awful.

Look at the defense that has had all resources put into, iffy at best.

Look at how the highest paid players play  on this team, underachievers.

Sorry the lack of talent talk is only one factor in his craptacular coaching.

You don’t need a talented team to avoid so many pre snap penalties.  

DeFilippo at all costs.  

Young & offensive-centered mind.

Worked here in the past.

Huge in the development of Wentz.

Has been an excellent OC everywhere he's been, especially right now.

Has a ring.

Has been around "complete teams", meaning he knows that ignoring one side of the ball is a disaster of an idea.

Anything else is a failure.

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Bowles doesnt understand that if you go for 4th down, you have a chance to make it and win the game BUT if you punt you cannot score barring some turnover fluke AND you are in exactly the SAME EXACT situation, needing you defense to hold to a 3 and out. My goodness he is so dumb.

Plus once again today , the offense finally scores to get them back in the game and what does the vaunted D do - proceeds to allow the Bears to march right down the filed and score.

Constantly blitzing while playing your corners off. Tony Romo even said it'd be stupid to not to take the easy 10-12 gains on every play . He's a supposed mastermind that fools no one. And who is out on D - 1 player Trumaine Johnson. I'm sick of excuses for this HC who does nothing well. 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

John DeFilippo.

This. I feel like we can’t miss out on this opportunity. I really hope they don’t use injuries as an excuse to keep this staff. 

Save your franchise Chris. An offense can be built rather quickly. This can be turnt around faster then we think. All that’s standing in the way is Bowles. 

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

So NOW Greenberg knows what he’s talking about? Don’t recall that being said before. 

I really don't watch ESPN at all so I don't know whether or not he has solid chops. Someone sent me the tweet and I figured I'd share it here. 

I will say that he is spot on with this one though. It's refreshing to see someone out there finally say that Bowles isn't doing well as a HC. For the most part I only see people saying how much they like him or think he is doing a great job etc. I would never say he isn't a good guy or that he doesn't know defense, but I regularly scratch my head over his decisions during the game. HC is a tough gig and Bowles isn't doing it well. 

Todd Bowles... rarely has his team ready (false starts, off sides). His great D cant blitz, cant cover. He never changes up on the fly. Plays conservative with a 3 point lead in the 2nd qtr, and he is happy with a lose as long as his team (in his wussy opinion) plays hard.

He sucks as a head coach.  I was done with him 3yrs ago when they didn't play Ivory against the Bills because he was saving him for the playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25110118

Bowles: I'm proud of the way they 'fought' and 'stayed together'. Todd Bowles explains that despite the Jets' loss to the Bears, he was happy to see them work together and not give up.

More proof Todd Bowles will never lead the Jets to greatness. It reminds me of this scene in the movie Whiplash.

That's ok Jets. Good job competing with all the injuries you've had. I'm proud of yah.

End of story. No playoffs.

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The 4th Qtr punt on 4th down, down 14 points, near mid field, 5 minutes and change left.  The bast**d does it AGAIN hahahaha.

Anyone who has even limited critical thinking ability understands that that move was to keep the Final Score a “not too bad” cosmetic 14 point loss on the Road in “tough conditions”.  This man ONLY cares about his job first and foremost.  Does not care about winning or the future of the team.  And guess what, I can guarantee you that the incompetent who owns (really given is better terminology) the team told him he gets another free year this year, because if that weren’t the case you KNOW McCown would have been starting Day 1.

i remember when he first did the same thing in Pittsburgh punting like this is the 4th and I couldn’t believe what I was seeking, now he has done it multiple times.

If this team had real ownership he would have been fired the 2nd time he did it.  But they don’t.  Face facts, the Jets are a business first and foremost just as they are a means to an end for Bowles and Maccagnan to continue to collect paychecks they don’t deserve.  They’re just like the NY Mets.

Jet fans just like Met fans....are suckers.

Theyre unwatchable and Bowles couldn’t make the playoffs if he had the 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers roster under his charge.

Come on man. that is just bowles being himself. He thinks it is MUCH more important to only lose by 10, they gamble for a win and risk losing by 24?‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, GangGreenDover said:

We need a GM and Coach that knows the Jets,Fans of the Jets, Always wanted to Coach the Jets 

Its going to take someone tht really want to turn things around Nd knows tanlet someone tht keeps things real like Bart Scott (not sayn he should be the coach) but someone that’s dedicated Nd not just looking for a HC or GM job it’s been 5 years we still in the same position weak roster Nd conservative football never aggressive at all not to mention poor play calling Nd how our guys give up as if they already knew games we was gonna lose 

Sounds like Rex ! 

1 hour ago, DRJETS said:

So Bowles is the most winningest Jets coach in play off history not saying much but it is what it is, posting a 4-2 in the play off and also made two AFFCG with a arguably one of the all time best defense with no pass rush in 2009?  At least some of you that hate Rex could say that at the very least, he live up to his defensive genius unlike our current coaches.  

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Bowles isn't in the conversation with Rex. Rex was a better head coach and a better defensive coordinator. Rex also played to win. I don't know how anyone could put them on the same level tbh.

I agree with mycockinher. ?.   Rex was flawed, lacked the full ability to coach both sides of the ball but he was better than Bowles. 

4 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

i didn't miss your point..

i don't consider other franchises making the same mistakes we did a badge of honor..

Still doesnt have anything to do with the conversation.  You dont get it, keep missing the point.  Drop it already

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He failed to give his team the best chance to win, which he does all the time. 

Thank god you didnt come back some general cliche reason and gave so many examples.

I mean, the guy isn't getting it done, you would think you could come up with a reason to blame him

4 hours ago, PS17 said:

And how did it work out for these bozos in their next gigs? Bowles is as bad as anyone since Kotite. 

Are you people illiterate?  He said Bowles would never get a HC gig anywhere else.  My point is they all do, never say never.  All those I listed did.  

How bad he is or they were isnt the point.  Shlt 

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is just absurd.

We needed to score two TDs in 5.5 minutes and only had one 3 and out stop the entire game. Scoring a TD in two minutes is a tall order and you want to throw in giving up possession and taking a less than 50% chance (I'm being generous here) of getting a 3 and out. We have to score twice either way mind you.

You're going to have to try a lot harder to convince anyone that punting is the right move there.

Unless your point is we just need to give up there and be proud we tried ... for most of the game, until it seemed too hard.

Yeah, they were going to score 2 Tds.  OK

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you people illiterate?  He said Bowles would never get a HC gig anywhere else.  My point is they all do, never say never.  All those I listed did.  

How bad he is or they were isnt the point.  Shlt 

image.png

13 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Todd Bowles has made the pinnacle of football coaching. In his 4th season and is making $4,000,000 this season.

Reached the pinnacle as a player winning a super bowl ring.

I hope everyone on here is losing at that level. 

Rich Kotite and Marty Morninwheg also made it to the pinnacle of football coaching. These guys are compared to their peers. Stop with the nonsense.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thank god you didnt come back some general cliche reason and gave so many examples.

I mean, the guy isn't getting it done, you would think you could come up with a reason to blame him

I have been very specific about what my beef is here. Your inability to understand what is being discussed is your problem.

The fact that you believe the Jets should give up down 2 TDs with 5.5 minutes left makes your opinion very valuable to me btw.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So your stance is that giving up at that point is fine. Got it. Seems like a real winning attitude. ?

If you read what I said I said that the Bears werent moving the ball and they would get the ball back.  Teams hope to make a stop and flip the field.

Amazing no one has heard of this.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

If you read what I said I said that the Bears werent moving the ball and they would get the ball back.  Teams hope to make a stop and flip the field.

Amazing no one has heard of this.  

the problme with this is the D nevr gets that stop and the game ends...   

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have been very specific about what my beef is here. Your inability to understand what is being discussed is your problem.

The fact that you believe the Jets should give up down 2 TDs with 5.5 minutes left makes your opinion very valuable to me btw.

LOL, yeah, I dont understand.  If I even hinted that they should have quit please tell me where.  I said they would get the ball back.  Enough already with reading that and hearing quit.  

Archived