Todd Bowles is a LOSER!

Barry McCockinner

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If you read what I said I said that the Bears werent moving the ball and they would get the ball back.  Teams hope to make a stop and flip the field.

Amazing no one has heard of this.  

You're missing part of the equation. 

They already have to score 2 TD's. That means the Bears have to possess the ball and the Jets have to get a 3 and out with only 5.5 minutes left. When you voluntarily give up possession with a punt it means you ALSO have to recover an onsides kick. Do you think converting 4th and 13 is statistically less likely to happen than recovering an expected onsides kick? It's not.

Just now, FlagmanL11 said:

He is proud of the team how they fought against a def that was missing their best player.  This guy needs some fire.  I was sick of looking at the shots of him on the sideline with that clueless look.  

He stares into space with that dumb look on his face, it almost looks like he's saying ha ha Jets fans, 

I hate it when they show him emotionless,clueless, poor excuse for a HC. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He stares into space with that dumb look on his face, it almost looks like he's saying ha ha Jets fans, 

Because we won all those Super Bowls with Rex running his mouth and wearing his heart on his sleeve....things were *so* much better then...

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He truly looks and sounds like he could not motivate anyone.  And isn't it coaching to work on snap counts?  WTF with all the EARLY game penalities? 

5 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

Because we won all those Super Bowls with Rex running his mouth and wearing his heart on his sleeve....things were *so* much better then...

Im not defending Rex this isn't about Rex this is about the current HC Todd Bowles. 

But now that you brought Rex into it, I seem to remember the NY Jets in back to back AFC Championship games in 2009-2010 with Rex as the HC, Todd Bowles hasn't even sniffed the playoffs. 

18 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Todd Bowles has made the pinnacle of football coaching. In his 4th season and is making $4,000,000 this season.

Reached the pinnacle as a player winning a super bowl ring.

I hope everyone on here is losing at that level. 

you related to TB? Just asking because the pinnacle has not translated here? Herm said it the best you are paid to win the game not show up and give it the old college try,

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You're missing part of the equation. 

They already have to score 2 TD's. That means the Bears have to possess the ball and the Jets have to get a 3 and out with only 5.5 minutes left. When you voluntarily give up possession with a punt it means you ALSO have to recover an onsides kick. Do you think converting 4th and 13 is statistically less likely to happen than recovering an expected onsides kick? It's not.

You make it sound like all they had to do is go on a relatively long 4th down and POOF they would have gotten the 1st down.  But heres reality, the chances are huge that you dont get the first and you turn the field AGAINST you.  You had an opportunity to do the opposite.  Its a different way than youre selling but its not wrong.  Enough already, its not that hard to get

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You make it sound like all they had to do is go on a relatively long 4th down and POOF they would have gotten the 1st down.  But heres reality, the chances are huge that you dont get the first and you turn the field AGAINST you.  You had an opportunity to do the opposite.  Its a different way than youre selling but its not wrong.  Enough already, its not that hard to get

No. I am saying that the statistical probability of converting 4th and 13 is much better than the statistical probability of converting an expected onsides kick. This is a plain fact. Sorry if you don't like it.

If you fail either, you lose the game. You must chose the one you have a better chance at or you're not giving your team the best chance to win. Todd is on the wrong side of this frequently.

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But the premise is the D would stop them or generate a turnover , that's the fallacy in all this. Its like saying if I get divorced now I'll have a better chance of dating a supermodel

4 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

If the Jets can't beat the fish and Jill's Bowles may get into the hot seat many on here want.

These two games should be won even with the injuries they have. No excuses!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

But winning those 2 games should have no bearing on addressing what the real issue is - Bowles is a terrible HC.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, yeah, I dont understand.  If I even hinted that they should have quit please tell me where.  I said they would get the ball back.  Enough already with reading that and hearing quit.  

Why don’t you just try being honest for once? It was the wrong strategy and it was bad coaching. Plain and simple. Just admit it instead of making excuses for this moronic coach already. 

34 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

But the premise is the D would stop them or generate a turnover , that's the fallacy in all this. Its like saying if I get divorced now I'll have a better chance of dating a supermodel

And the Bears hardly had an offense that couldn't be stopped

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Except its really not that different. You still need the same three and out, but going for it at least gives you the opportunity to make it and win the game...both are low probability but you win less often punting, than going for it

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

you related to TB? Just asking because the pinnacle has not translated here? Herm said it the best you are paid to win the game not show up and give it the old college try,

Why do I need to be related to Bowles to point out calling him a loser is ridiculous. 

Call him a sh*tty coach but Bowles has obviously not failed in life. 

Maybe that label is more apt a description for some on here?

2 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

How come no one mentions the punt was muffed. Jets could have had the ball inside the 20. Peake for some reason couldn't just fall on it.

Is Nagy to blame for not telling Tarik not to touch the ball? 

Do you think relying on the other team to muff the punt is a good strategy? Is it more likely than converting a 4th and 13? I highly doubt it. You also have to recover the muff, which makes it even less likely. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets play boring predictable football under HC Todd Bowles which usually ends up in a loss.  

Time to move on from Todd Bowles. 

Boring and predictable can work when you have a talent advantage and can depend on superior execution to win ball games. When you have a talent gap, you're exactly right the only chance is to mix it up and take chances. Bowles is the wrong kind of coach for where this team is now.

Archived