Kacey Rodgers must go

bealeb319

Not to say he is the only one who needs to get fired but I think he should be the first. This guy spent something like 12 years in the nfl coaching nothing but defensive line, he inherits a defensive line consisting of Richardson Wilkerson and Williams in his first year as a defensive coordinator and with that gets us 27 sacks (30th ranked) allowed 11 rushing touchdowns (ranked 23rd) and 1581 rushing yards (22nd) teams with far worse defensive lines did much better. Despite investing a ton of resources into our defense and having what I believe is a fair bit of talent on the defensive side of the ball we have yet to really shine or live up to their potential. I believe two of our best performances defensively came in the absence of Rodgers. It is not fair to blame the entirety of our teams problems on this guy but I do not believe we are a better team with him and would like to at least see what happens without him, my belief is that getting rid of Rodgers would have an addition by subtraction effect.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Well today I saw Bowles calling defensive plays also. The defense is supposedly his forte, so that tells you what kind of a coach he is. Don't worry, when Bowles is fired Rogers will be gone too. The bottom line is that the head coach is held accountable for every aspect of the team. If he keeps a substandard coach it is all on him. Hopefully we can stop talking about both of them real soon!!

it was the player that blew the assignment on cohen pass TD. it was the player that blew the assignment. think about that for a second. 

we clearly have some players with low football read / react intelligence, because this keeps happening.

14 minutes ago, Vader said:

it was the player that blew the assignment on cohen pass TD. it was the player that blew the assignment. think about that for a second. 

we clearly have some players with low football read / react intelligence, because this keeps happening.

My issue with this excuse is that it’s seems to be the player’s fault an awful lot. THAT is on the coaching.

We have a lot of quality players on defense and should not be having that many blown assignments consistently over the last 4 years when our HC is supposed to be a defensive guru.

That argument doesn’t hold because the poor coaching leads to the lack of discipline that if further evidenced by the CONSTANT pre-snap penalties. 

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

My issue with this excuse is that it’s seems to be the player’s fault an awful lot. THAT is on the coaching.

We have a lot of quality players on defense and should not be having that many blown assignments consistently over the last 4 years when our HC is supposed to be a defensive guru.

That argument doesn’t hold because the poor coaching leads to the lack of discipline that if further evidenced by the CONSTANT pre-snap penalties. 

missing an assignment isn’t lack of discipline. it’s lack of intelligence. 

these players aren’t droids subject to an algorithm. they actually have to execute. and the worrying part is this isn’t brain surgery.

the defensive player has to have recognition skills, and reaction based on that read.

the coach calls the play. the players have to play. 

in other words, i think you are wrong. it IS possible to have players that aren’t executing. if that’s the case, it isn’t on the coach. and im not even saying i think the coach is perfect

8 minutes ago, Vader said:

these players aren’t droids subject to an algorithm. they actually have to execute. and the worrying part is this isn’t brain surgery.

the defensive player has to have recognition skills, and reaction based on that read.

in other words, i think you are wrong. it IS possible to have players that aren’t executing. if that’s the case, it isn’t on the coach. and im not even saying i think the coach is perfect

Poor execution and not correcting the same mistakes from happening over and over again is poor coaching. Players that absolutely can’t execute due to skill, should not be on the field.

The defense has been relatively healthy with blown assignments happening with our best defensive players. Something is wrong with the coaching. If you can’t see that, then I don’t know what to tell you. There have been bright moments this year but I’m talking about the totality of the Bowles era. 

Maybe you are just talking about this 1 play? Idk but undisciplined/sloppy football with many blown assignments is the calling card of this coach. Where there is smoke, there is fire. 

9 minutes ago, Vader said:

Also, I agree with you that of course it’s possible that players aren’t executing. I just think that there is a reason that they aren’t executing. They aren’t being put in a position to execute properly thorough poor communication/coaching and game planning/adjustments which is 110% on coaching. 

Also, discipline was just another example of a bad coaches traits and that shows with the penalties. I wasn’t talking about discipline in regards to the blown coverage. 

12 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Also, I agree with you that of course it’s possible that players aren’t executing. I just think that there is a reason that they aren’t executing. They aren’t being put in a position to execute properly thorough poor communication/coaching and game planning/adjustments which is 110% on coaching. 

Also, discipline was just another example of a bad coaches traits and that shows with the penalties. I wasn’t talking about discipline in regards to the blown coverage. 

the touchdown pass to Cohen was as clear as day. I saw it clearly before it happened, and i saw it because I play/played organized football. my father saw it. Bart scott saw it. the ILB blitzed and thought the back would pick him up. he didn’t recognize that the back could run the wheel or screen. that’s HIS fault. Bowles has said this multiple times in his pressers — it was the player. and he refuses to call them out by name, which is good. the players are also saying the same thing. 

“We need to execute better"

This isn’t brain science 

Just now, Vader said:

the touchdown pass to Cohen was as clear as day. I saw it clearly before it happened, and i saw it because I play/played organized football. my father saw it. Bart scott saw it. the ILB blitzed and thought the back would pick him up. he didn’t recognize that the back could run the wheel or screen. that’s HIS fault. Bowles has said this multiple times in his pressers — it was the player. and he refuses to call them out by name, which is good. the players are also saying the same thing. 

“We need to execute better"

This isn’t brain science 

Well I’m not talking about this specific play and let’s just agree to disagree. I think there is miscommunication here and not worth beating our heads against a wall. 

1 hour ago, Vader said:

we have a coach that has a low IQ you say the player blew the assignment but what about the pre-snap penalties? that is an excuse like the injries this team has been unprepared for half the games that is the staff no the player

Archived