Sign in to follow this  
johnnyjet

What do the Jets do moving forward?

Rate this topic

Player wise only. Who do we try to sign by next week for the future. Not stop gap guys.  We obviously have the QB in place. To further his development who do we sign. 

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I dont understand why Dez hasnt been signed yet. At this point at least he would be entertaining. Our safety has a loud mouth and runs slower than Trubisky and he is still on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Dez creates as much separation as the guys you saw today. 

honest question, why does ANYONE WANT TO SIGN DEZ? honestly, have you watched our team or know about a rebuild? Aside from him not being a good locker room presence, a high contract demand, never getting separation, and being a WIN NOW move, when we are so not that, he is 30. Stop asking for that, as it is not a great move. And for those who say "we signed Mathews blah blah" he's younger, saner, team player and is most likely better than what DEZ is. Please stop again, so annoying.

honest question, why does ANYONE WANT TO SIGN DEZ? honestly, have you watched our team or know about a rebuild? Aside from him not being a good locker room presence, a high contract demand, never getting separation, and being a WIN NOW move, when we are so not that, he is 30. Stop asking for that, as it is not a great move. And for those who say "we signed Mathews blah blah" he's younger, saner, team player and is most likely better than what DEZ is. Please stop again, so annoying.

29 is young? Mathews is Mac version of signing Curtis Conway. Dude is old and sucks.

29 is young? Mathews is Mac version of signing Curtis Conway. Dude is old and sucks.

Did I say 29 is young? Because if I reread what I said, I said younger than Dez. Reading comprehension homie, it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I say 29 is young? Because if I reread what I said, I said younger than Dez. Reading comprehension homie, it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are past their prime. One had a prime and one didnt. You implied that Matthews being younger made a difference, it doesnt, homie.

17 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

How about be patient and see what we have in Burnett, McGuire (coming back) , Cannon, Leggett and Herndon. As well as the continued development in Darnald. This is our future 

I’d like to see these guys and lose enough to get rid of Mac and Bowles. Maybe we can uncover a gem or at least develop our depth. They are some of the only players on offense that are already signed for next year. 

Just now, RSJ said:

Both are past their prime. One had a prime and one didnt. You implied that Matthews being younger made a difference, it doesnt, homie.

See you're adding your own interpretation to what I said. Again, all I said was that he was younger in reference to dev bryant, never mentioned primes or anything. I was stating a FACT that 29 is younger than 30 (while also having less mileage on his body overall). At the end of the day, id pick Mathews over dez every time for numerous reasons. However, neither move is for the future, but one can help a qb get antiquated to the NFL while the other can cause serious problems. 

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

How about be patient and see what we have in Burnett, McGuire (coming back) , Cannon, Leggett and Herndon. As well as the continued development in Darnald. This is our future 

While I agree with your overall premise here with really wanting to see what that group of players, and some others,  can develop into, I would also say that there is also a major need of an influx of quality players. O line being the focus. I would be ok with using all of our picks on O line lol

Really though. Commit to it and just get a ton of big mauling beef cake types in here to give Sam tons of protection and the RB's 5 ft wide holes to run through. That would make the guys like Cannon, Anderson, Burnett (maybe) and Crowell etc look like pro bowlers.

2 hours ago, RSJ said:

I dont understand why Dez hasnt been signed yet. At this point at least he would be entertaining. Our safety has a loud mouth and runs slower than Trubisky and he is still on the team.

You SERIOUSLY don't understand why Adams is still on this team? Yet you want Dez Bryant on it. Nice.

14 hours ago, RSJ said:

He wants too much money... He turned down 8 Million at the start of the year...