Bills Sign (then release) Terrelle Pryor

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I would really love to know everything that was behind this guy getting cut

Releasing Terrelle Pryor this season while we are trying to develop our rookie franchise quarterback was borderline gross negligence by the Jets. They released him right after he started to show some chemistry with Darnold. He scored a touchdown in each of our back-to-back  wins at home vs the Colts and Broncos, and we just reached 500 with a 3-3 record, then Mac kills the positive momentum we had by releasing Pryor. Dumb move by No Magic Mike! I never root against the Jets, but if Terrelle Pryor has a really good game against the Jets I will take solace knowing it makes Mac look bad again. Hope it is just enough of a catalyst to get him fired.

39 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Releasing Terrelle Pryor this season while we are trying to develop our rookie franchise quarterback was borderline gross negligence by the Jets. They released him right after he started to show some chemistry with Darnold. He scored a touchdown in each of our back-to-back  wins at home vs the Colts and Broncos, and we just reached 500 with a 3-3 record, then Mac kills the positive momentum we had by releasing Pryor. Dumb move by No Magic Mike! I never root against the Jets, but if Terrelle Pryor has a really good game against the Jets I will take solace knowing it makes Mac look bad again. Hope it is just enough of a catalyst to get him fired.

There just wasn't room for him on the roster with all the talent we had at WR. Pryor probably wanted to win too much and was voicing frustration with Bowles ridiculous end game decision making.

4 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I haven’t seen everyone this upset since the Jets cut Dexter McDougle.

I just feel like , if the Bills could use him, we could definitely use him too, and he was on our team and already spent the whole summer and half a season with our kid QB. More confusion than upset  

This is not that hard to figure out.  He was hurt and we needed his spot on the roster so we had enough guys to play last week.  When Matthews was signed that was the end of Pryor being here.  Especially with Burnett showing something the last couple of games.

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

This is not that hard to figure out.  He was hurt and we needed his spot on the roster so we had enough guys to play last week.  When Matthews was signed that was the end of Pryor being here.  Especially with Burnett showing something the last couple of games.

I'm intrigued by Burnett, he is only 21 and shows potential.  Also Mathews should get more comfortable with our offense as he continues to play and practice.

I liked him talent wise but it looks like he didn't fit in with the team. He also didn't fit in at Wash last year and we all know about Ohio State. He's a good player and can even be an emergency Qb if needed (and he's probably better than Anderson and Peterman). But no big loss for the Jets even though we need bodies at that position. I thought one bright light on Sunday was Burnett Sam's favorite receiver at USC. He should get more targets.

22 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I would really love to know everything that was behind this guy getting cut

Jets needed bodies. couldn't wait..We'll see if Pryor is healthy enough to play and stay healthy

Dennis Waszak Jr.‏ @DWAZ73 

btw, on Terrelle Pryor...Because #Jets waived him with an injury designation, they could not re-sign him - by rule - until after four weeks had passed.

Archived