Bills Sign (then release) Terrelle Pryor

CrazyCarl40

This should be a clue to why Pryor was cut

Terrelle Pryor critical of how Jets used him

October 31, 2018

Terrelle Pryor

Terrelle Pryor has left the New York Jets behind him, but he still has a few grievances with how things were handled.

Pryor felt he was “underused” by the Jets, who did not make the most of his skillset.

“I can ball,” Pryor said, via Mike Rodak of ESPN. “I can ball, bro. I’m not being cocky. I just know how I study, how I work, and how I practice. I compete at a high level. I expect high things from myself.”

The new Buffalo Bill added that he felt the Jets used his injury as a convenient excuse to let him go.

“Let’s shut that one down how I was [going to be] out for five or six games,” Pryor said. “I was going to miss a game, and then I got cut. So I guess, I don’t know if I wasn’t a part of their plan, or whatever it was.”

Pryor was a surprising and abrupt release by the Jets, who apparently had interest in bringing him back. After just 22 targets in six games, that feeling does not appear to have been mutual

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This should be a clue to why Pryor was cut

Terrelle Pryor critical of how Jets used him

October 31, 2018

Terrelle Pryor

Terrelle Pryor has left the New York Jets behind him, but he still has a few grievances with how things were handled.

Pryor felt he was “underused” by the Jets, who did not make the most of his skillset.

“I can ball,” Pryor said, via Mike Rodak of ESPN. “I can ball, bro. I’m not being cocky. I just know how I study, how I work, and how I practice. I compete at a high level. I expect high things from myself.”

The new Buffalo Bill added that he felt the Jets used his injury as a convenient excuse to let him go.

“Let’s shut that one down how I was [going to be] out for five or six games,” Pryor said. “I was going to miss a game, and then I got cut. So I guess, I don’t know if I wasn’t a part of their plan, or whatever it was.”

Pryor was a surprising and abrupt release by the Jets, who apparently had interest in bringing him back. After just 22 targets in six games, that feeling does not appear to have been mutual

WTF?  This is just so bizarre and makes no sense.

When you see those highlights of Sam that PK posted, man, Pryor has a big radius.  He was catching some misplaced ball left and right.  I know he was responsible for a pick in the endzone vs. Miami but he owned and played lights out after that...such a weird decision.

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

Jets needed bodies. couldn't wait..We'll see if Pryor is healthy enough to play and stay healthy

Dennis Waszak Jr.‏ @DWAZ73 

btw, on Terrelle Pryor...Because #Jets waived him with an injury designation, they could not re-sign him - by rule - until after four weeks had passed.

There was really no other roster bubble player that could have been waived for a week or two? A 3rd of our roster is guys that likely woukdnt be picked up by another team ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 9:26 AM, The Crimson King said:

Problem here is that he will clue the Bills in how to deal with the Jets offense ...

"... OK, then after those 3 plays you try to block the punt …"

And apparently it DID go down exactly like that.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:12 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Releasing Terrelle Pryor this season while we are trying to develop our rookie franchise quarterback was borderline gross negligence by the Jets. They released him right after he started to show some chemistry with Darnold. He scored a touchdown in each of our back-to-back  wins at home vs the Colts and Broncos, and we just reached 500 with a 3-3 record, then Mac kills the positive momentum we had by releasing Pryor. Dumb move by No Magic Mike! I never root against the Jets, but if Terrelle Pryor has a really good game against the Jets I will take solace knowing it makes Mac look bad again. Hope it is just enough of a catalyst to get him fired.

Wow... did this post not age well.

Too bad all of my posts are in other threads about Pryor obviously being a jerk that Cleveland didn't want, and the Redskins thought the same... and then the Jets... and my prediction that he would "inevitably be unceremoniously dumped by Buffalo too."

Considering how badly the Bills destroyed the Jets with a bunch of nobodies, it was pretty telling that Pryor didn't manage to log even a single reception in the game.  I imagine there's more to the story here, so will be curious to see if anything more comes back around on this.  It could be locker room problems as others have suggested, or maybe he simply lied to the Bills about his health (as there were multiple conflicting reports on that).

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Another news item I saw, 49ers cut Kony Ealy after 8 days.

Our leadership gives guys that can’t stuck with bad teams contracts. While they lose games to guys that signed off the street.

Nobody fired!!!! Everybody safe!!!!

lol Mac is so bad that we have moments where we miss guys like Ealy and Pryor and others who arent on teams because they actually produced at one point in time for us.  Does it really get more pathetic? 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol Mac is so bad that we have moments where we miss guys like Ealy and Pryor and others who arent on teams because they actually produced at one point in time for us.  Does it really get more pathetic? 

IMO he’s as bad as Idzik, with the sole exception that he panicked into Sam.

reading that pepper Johnson interview, not even sure I feel good about the Leo pick anymore.

crappy WR in a RB loaded drAft is no different than crappy TE in a WR loaded draft, Idzik level strategy

double safetyies was really the death stroke

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Another news item I saw, 49ers cut Kony Ealy after 8 days.

Our leadership gives guys that can’t stuck with bad teams contracts. While they lose games to guys that signed off the street.

Nobody fired!!!! Everybody safe!!!!

That's why I find it comical that the few stray Maccagnan apologists that still exist try to argue that the Jets are supposedly so much more talented than they actually perform.  Meanwhile, the former Jets of the past few years are either completely out of the league, or have been disasters with whatever opportunities they did get.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

reading that pepper Johnson interview, not even sure I feel good about the Leo pick anymore.

crappy WR in a RB loaded drAft is no different than crappy TE in a WR loaded draft, Idzik level strategy

I’ll never forgive drafting Stewart and Hansen in the 3rd/4th rounds, them playing 5 snaps each and then getting cut a year after. THAT was pathetic.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

That's why I find it comical that the few stray Maccagnan apologists that still exist try to argue that the Jets are supposedly so much more talented than they actually perform.  Meanwhile, the former Jets of the past few years are either completely out of the league, or have been disasters with whatever opportunities they did get.

His first two, 2nd round picks are no longer in the NFL. He's 2-3 on 2nd round picks with Maye "playing".

Of his three, 3rd round picks, 2 are no longer in the NFL with Jenkins probably being his best overall pick in terms of value. yay!

Of his four, 4th round picks, 3 are no longer on the team, 2 are out of the NFL and more than likely the 3rd, Justin Burris, will be out of the league next year. 

Dude, you almost have to be trying to suck that bad. 

I think there have been a fair share of misses, but I also think you guys discount how "momentum" really plays to a player's strengths and weaknesses.

I don't really believe there's that much difference in the talent levels of most NFL players. Nor in their brains. It's really just the luck of being in the right place at the right time. You look at the times and reps measured; they're mostly the same. fractions of seconds and numbers of reps separate players who are successful and those that aren't. Moreover, often players without good numbers still perform at a high level.

So, I think it's being drafted to fit a scheme that matters. Having that confidence because you fit well from the start. Then, when you're on your second, third team your confidence is lower and the scrutiny greater, the time to impress much less. So, imagine failing as a Jets player. How devastating must that be?

On the flip side, what must your confidence be to be taken by the Patriots and other teams with serious pedigree? Even if you fail, other teams are more willing to take a chance on you, give you longer to impress. 

It doesn't explain or excuse all the bad moves, but I think it's a more balanced position.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ll never forgive drafting Stewart and Hansen in the 3rd/4th rounds, them playing 5 snaps each and then getting cut a year after. THAT was pathetic.

How many guys has Mac drafted that have played under 10 snaps in their careers? Stewart, Hansen, Hack... were there others?

I mean, you've gotta be joking with this sort of track record.

Archived