Baker Mayfield says Browns should have drafted Pat Mahomes instead of Myles Garrett in 2017

Patriot Killa

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So you don't like Darnold. Ok

I love darnold, i have been the #1 darnold fan since day one.

Mahoomes is spectacular and mahommes is 1000000000 times  better than a box safety.

Why would we not draft mahommes?  Because of Christian hackenburg.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not taking Mahomes was stupid, as was drafting a SS over a potential FQB. That’s just fact. It worked out great though and I could not be happier with Sam.

If the Jets F up with him, I will root for Sam wherever he goes and root for him(I could never root for another team besides the Jets) I love everything about him/his attitude/traits. He’s everything I could have wanted in a QB. 

16 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I read the article twice...........I dont see the quote

Here is the quote -- found it in another article from a Browns beat writer.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2018/10/baker-mayfield-says-talent-wise-patrick-mahomes-shouldve-been-the-no-1-pick-in-17-the-myles-garrett-year.html

Baker Mayfield believes Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes should’ve been the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, the year the Browns picked Myles Garrett.

“Talent wise, I thought he should have been – I love Myles but…,’’ he said with a smile before going out to practice for the Chiefs visit on Sunday. “Coming from the Texas Tech system, there are always your skeptics, people doubting the fact that all he did was sit back there and throw the ball. He threw it 88 times in our game (a 66-59 Oklahoma victory over Texas Tech), but when it comes down to it, throwing the ball is throwing the ball, and he’s really good at it.”

45 minutes ago, Lith said:

Here is the quote -- found it in another article from a Browns beat writer.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2018/10/baker-mayfield-says-talent-wise-patrick-mahomes-shouldve-been-the-no-1-pick-in-17-the-myles-garrett-year.html

Baker Mayfield believes Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes should’ve been the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, the year the Browns picked Myles Garrett.

“Talent wise, I thought he should have been – I love Myles but…,’’ he said with a smile before going out to practice for the Chiefs visit on Sunday. “Coming from the Texas Tech system, there are always your skeptics, people doubting the fact that all he did was sit back there and throw the ball. He threw it 88 times in our game (a 66-59 Oklahoma victory over Texas Tech), but when it comes down to it, throwing the ball is throwing the ball, and he’s really good at it.”

That ain’t bad. 

4 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

There should be a general rule for all teams

Any rookie who says ANYTHING to anybody should be fined

I guess it is the dominance of social media and all but it seems all these guys have Greg Jefferies Syndrome these days. 

Great reference, lol, but you're dating yourself ...

I can't help myself, I liked Baker in college, and he was the QB I was hoping the Jets would pick. The funny part of it is, the in your face, brash stuff that turns some off, like when he planted the Sooner flag in the O at Ohio St. is the reason why I like him, and why I thought he was made for NY. Looking back, I'm ok with us taking Sam. I love what he's showing, and now think he was a good pick. But the main reason I'm glad it worked out the way it did is, if we took Baker, I might have become his nico… :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

This^

In fact, they could of taken Barkley #1 and still got Mayfield.

but aside from what they should have done, Baker is making it awkward to be in the same room as Myles. Myles can’t like that.

Nope. If Barkley goes 1 Giants take Darnold at 2, Jets take Mayfield at 3. 

38 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Nope. If Barkley goes 1 Giants take Darnold at 2, Jets take Mayfield at 3. 

Nobody but Gettleman, Mara and a select few in the NYG draft room know which way the Giants would have gone. Its a stretch to say how the draft would've played out, and state it as fact. What's funnier is when someone corrects someone else who does it with their version of "fact". 

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Mahomes would look poor to average here with the incompetent coaching and CFL level offensive talent. 

No disagreement he would look about as good as darnold.  He'd still be a promising franchise type qb.  Which is far more important than a box safety.

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

Mahomes would look poor to average here with the incompetent coaching and CFL level offensive talent. 

Nailed it, players are sometimes a product of the environment. How good would Darnold look in K.C's Offence? -Also how would Mahomes look throwing to Peake and Roberts, with Long snapping him the ball..

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Pat Mahommes or jamal adams, pat mahommes or jamal adams...hmmmmm

Pat Mahomes with our RBs, widoeuts and OL.......Hmmmm. Pat Mahomes with Todd Bowles as his coach.  The Jets have no one on their offense who compares to any of the tools that Mahomes has around him.  And the brain trust........whew.

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I love darnold, i have been the #1 darnold fan since day one.

Mahoomes is spectacular and mahommes is 1000000000 times  better than a box safety.

Why would we not draft mahommes?  Because of Christian hackenburg.

Mahomes fits Reid’s system.  He’s a better McNabb.  I doubt he’d be as good here 

10 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Screenshot_20181031-210952_Google.jpg

This guy will be out of the nfl in 5 years. Myles Garrett has been excellent 8 sacks in half a season and you publicly throw him under the bus?  After getting the entire coaching staff fired because you sucked last 3 games?

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No disagreement he would look about as good as darnold.  He'd still be a promising franchise type qb.  Which is far more important than a box safety.

Why the continuous attacks on Adams. Adams wasn't a reach at 6. Every team had a high grade on him.

6 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Jamal wasn't worth a first round pick.  

I wouldn’t draft him in the first based on position but he seems to be pretty darn good in the box and maybe worthy of a 1st round pick. Def not top 10 but so many players busy anyways so who knows. I like player a lot but hate the GM for being an idiot. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I wouldn’t draft him in the first based on position but he seems to be pretty darn good in the box and maybe worthy of a 1st round pick. Def not top 10 but so many players busy anyways so who knows. I like player a lot but hate the GM for being an idiot. 

Adams is a glorified Landon Collins who btw the giants were recently trying to get rid of

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adams is a glorified Landon Collins who btw the giants were recently trying to get rid of

I totally get it and the amount of safeties and defensive tackles/3-4 ends available every year is incredible. To waste picks on the positions they could easily be filled in FA just because of a TOO STRICT BPA strategy is stupid.

You want leadership and to build a locker room? Where are our cheap vets for depth that are 28-30ish that can teach the young guys a lot. We should 1 good/cheap locker room vet at every position group. That would help build up this young team and build a culture.

Wasting a top 10 pick on a player that is young and may not reach his audience out of not having everyone’s respect yet(lack of experience/production), is just bad GMing.

Archived