Ryan Tannehill ruled out; quick thoughts.

Patriot Killa

It would be too Jetsy if we went into Miami and beat Brockmeister and the Dolphins then beat up on a subpar Buffalo team to get to 5-5 giving just enough meaning to a Patriots duel to go over .500 lmfaooo.

tell me that doesn’t sound like some sh*t that’ll happen just because. We’ll be getting some guys back soon too. Q had his helmet and doing drills today. Robby’s injury isn’t bad. Maybe Elijah can get going a little. Trumaine should be back next week.

Its actually pretty do-able.

I honestly wouldn’t mind going 3-13 if that meant firing Bowles and Maccagnan and securing the best pass rusher/LT/skill player in the draft. 

This team is already unwatchable. Let’s at least benefit from our incompetence.

15 hours ago, PS17 said:

I honestly wouldn’t mind going 3-13 if that meant firing Bowles and Maccagnan and securing the best pass rusher/LT/skill player in the draft. 

This team is already unwatchable. Let’s at least benefit from our incompetence.

I think Bowles is as good as gone and Maccagnan will get his own coach before he kicks the bucket so it's useless, in my opinion, to feel any other way.

The only thing I care about is Sam's progress going forward, so if we beat up on Miami and Buffalo because he played well than I'm all good with "screwing up" where we pick in the draft.  There are so many other teams that might not reach our current win total for the year that I think that the "damage", in that regard, is done.  This team, from a talent standpoint when healthy, is better than 5-11.  The only reason we might get only 5 wins on the year is our coaching and injuries during the games played so far. Better coaching has us 7-3 going into that matchup with NE.  Our talent and better coaching probably has us beating NE with how vulnerable their WRs and defense are.  It really sucks that we won't be the case, but it is what it is at this point.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I think Bowles is as good as gone and Maccagnan will get his own coach before he kicks the bucket so it's useless.

The only thing I care about is Sam's progress going forward so if we beat up on Miami and Buffalo because he played well than I'm all good with "screwing up" where we pick in the draft.  There are so many other teams that might not reach our current win total for the year that I think that the "damage" in that regard.  This team, from a talent standpoint when healthy, is better than 5-11.  The only reason we might get only 5 wins is our coaching and injuries during the games played so far.

Sam Darnold has to continue to learn how to win in the NFL, anyway. I think that’s more important.

37 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It would be too Jetsy if we went into Miami and beat Brockmeister and the Dolphins then beat up on a subpar Buffalo team to get to 5-5 giving just enough meaning to a Patriots duel to go over .500 lmfaooo.

tell me that doesn’t sound like some sh*t that’ll happen just because. We’ll be getting some guys back soon too. Q had his helmet on doing drills today. Robby’s injury isn’t bad. Maybe Elijah can get going a little. 

100%. I’ve been saying this for two weeks. exclusive of darn olds individual progress, these next two games define the season esp for Bowles and Mac because we are 2-2 since the debacle of the six quarters (second half cleveland + JAX game), yet we won the next two v AFC Conference opponents. Thats huge. The two losses against NFCN teams are almost inconsequential if we can win against AFCE opponents @ Miami and v Buffalo, with all these injuries, a rookie QB, heading into a bye. Any given sunday, but it's set up for consequences.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sam Darnold has to continue to learn how to win in the NFL, anyway. I think that’s more important.

100%

8 minutes ago, Vader said:

100%. I’ve been saying this for two weeks. exclusive of darn olds individual progress, these next two games define the season esp for Bowles and Mac because we are 2-2 since the debacle of the six quarters (second half cleveland + JAX game), yet we won the next two v AFC Conference opponents. Thats huge. The two losses against NFCN teams are almost inconsequential if we can win against AFCE opponents @ Miami and v Buffalo, with all these injuries, a rookie QB, heading into a bye. Any given sunday, but it's set up for consequences.

100%

5-5 breathes life into the season and it’s perfect timing as players are beginning to come back. These are the two easiest games left on this schedule aside from the second Bills game. We have to take advantage. If we can split with Miami, sweep Buffalo and grab one out of the Titans or Texans — losing to the Patriots twice and Green Bay that would put us at 9-7.

BIG task. I know what to expect but yet still hopeful for some weird reason.

Just now, Beerfish said:

If this team loses to osweiller or peterman then for sure the coach should be canned at year end no question.  The one saving grace is neither qb is a runner though I could see Osweiller pulling away from jamal Adams on a run

if we lose to miami twice everyone should be fired immediately. growing up w marino, i hate the idea of losing to miami twice. i can’t even imagine losing to Peterman.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

5-5 breathes life into the season and it’s perfect timing as players are beginning to come back. These are the two easiest games left on this schedule aside from the second Bills game. We have to take advantage. If we can split with Miami, sweep Buffalo and grab one out of the Titans or Texans — losing to the Patriots twice and Green Bay that would put us at 9-7.

BIG task. I know what to expect but yet still hopeful for some weird reason.

the range for me looks like 7-9 to 9-7. i think it skews more towards the former, but statistically, it is not totally unlikely that 9-7 happens if something dynamic occurs like Darnold catching fire, or the defense throwing in a game or two of utter dominance. It’s happened before in spurts. 

5 minutes ago, Vader said:

if we lose to miami twice everyone should be fired immediately. growing up w marino, i hate the idea of losing to miami twice. i can’t even imagine losing to Peterman.

All we have to do is win this and take care of buffalo..if you can then grab 1 win of any of the games left..you have an outside shot at the wildcard.

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Ryan Tannehill ruled out; quick thoughts.

We lose by 6....Brock has all day to throw the ball.

and we can’t cover crossing routes, and jamal adams forgets to cover or tackle someone in the red zone or on third down

that would be early xmas 

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

tell me that doesn’t sound like some sh*t that’ll happen just because. We’ll be getting some guys back soon too. Q had his helmet and doing drills today. Robby’s injury isn’t bad. Maybe Elijah can get going a little. Trumaine should be back next week.

Be great!!  Get 6 wins, a shilty draft pick, wash rinse repeat.    I love being a bottom 4 franchise. :)

This is a watershed moment for Todd Bowles this Sunday. So far as head coach of the NY Jets he has lost games to pretty much every backup QB he has had the opportunity to face. 

4 years is a lifetime in the NFL. If your losing to backups like Brock Osweiller the owner has to ask himself, "are we in a better place with Todd Bowles than 4 years ago?".

The number 1 goal when you bring in an entirely new coaching staff is to beat your division rivals & get to the playoffs. He's failed miserably so far & im thinking it's mandatory to win these next 2 vs Fins & Bills while both are playing backup QBs. 

Personally, I really only care about Sam progressing & not getting injured. The interesting thing about these 2 games is number one they are division games, two, they probably will be close & will be won by just a couple strategic decisions by the coaching staffs. If Bowles gets beat by a fake punt conversion, not going for 4th & short, or giving up 4th down conversions, he's a dead man. You can't hide in close games, penalties ect. are accentuated when they become the difference between winning & losing. If Gase & the Bills coach (I honestly don't know who he is & am too lazy to look him up) out coach Bowles the next 2 weeks you have to fire him at the end of the season right?

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If this team loses to osweiller or peterman then for sure the coach should be canned at year end no question.  The one saving grace is neither qb is a runner though I could see Osweiller pulling away from jamal Adams on a run

If we lose both these next 2 games, Bowles CANNOT remain as the HC for the remainder of the season.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I will bet you 10 M&M's that we lose to both

48 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think the Jets will beat Miami. Miami has been unable to stop the run the last 3-4 games and that is key for the Jets offense to produce. Also Brock Osweiler is starting

With our one legged Runningback..

I just hope we can play better than last week? - If we insist on running on every 1st down leading to 3rd and long we will be blown out.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

This is a watershed moment for Todd Bowles this Sunday. So far as head coach of the NY Jets he has lost games to pretty much every backup QB he has had the opportunity to face. 

4 years is a lifetime in the NFL. If your losing to backups like Brock Osweiller the owner has to ask himself, "are we in a better place with Todd Bowles than 4 years ago?".

The number 1 goal when you bring in an entirely new coaching staff is to beat your division rivals & get to the playoffs. He's failed miserably so far & im thinking it's mandatory to win these next 2 vs Fins & Bills while both are playing backup QBs. 

Personally, I really only care about Sam progressing & not getting injured. The interesting thing about these 2 games is number one they are division games, two, they probably will be close & will be won by just a couple strategic decisions by the coaching staffs. If Bowles gets beat by a fake punt conversion, not going for 4th & short, or giving up 4th down conversions, he's a dead man. You can't hide in close games, penalties ect. are accentuated when they become the difference between winning & losing. If Gase & the Bills coach (I honestly don't know who he is & am too lazy to look him up) out coach Bowles the next 2 weeks you have to fire him at the end of the season right?

Couldn't agree more. It has always amazed me how we always manage to make rookie, inexperienced, and / or not very good QB's look like the greatest of all time. Mayfield was the last one, kid comes off the bench ice cold never having played in an NFL game and lights us up like a Christmas tree. Not sure if even we can make Peterman look good though, he is really, really bad. I am hoping Josh Allen is well enough to play against us next week. Would be hilarious if he walked into the Gray Mausoleum and kicked our butts LOL.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Brock hasn’t been bad since starting for the fish

Well, he has looked OK, but I have also seen some old school Brock throws that look absolutely ugly. And while I am not a fan of Gase, it doesn't take much for a coach to outsmart Bowles/Rodgers and scheme a few plays that net big plays. 

I don't expect Brock to lead 10 play  scoring drives and be super efficient, but I could definitely see a few screens/crossing patterns that go for big plays .

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think 5 and 5 is going to happen.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think the Jets will beat Miami. Miami has been unable to stop the run the last 3-4 games and that is key for the Jets offense to produce. Also Brock Osweiler is starting

Of course you do, you're UnitedWho

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

You might want to check that ventilation system on your RV.

They are 3 point under dog this week. They will be favorites against the Bills.

Saying the Jets will win both games isn't a huge statement.

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

THIS is what makes the Jets the Jets.  Jets are not this awful 1-15 team that constantly gets a top 3 pick in the draft every year.  they are JUST good enough to get you to believe, by beating GOOD opponents, then when all they have to do is beat this awful team, they screw it up.

I can totally see 5-5 at bye.  everyone going nuts: "Jets have two weeks to prepare for Pats!  this is it!"  etc etc.  then they go out and lay an egg and everyone on here wants Jets to trade Sam....

The Jets have the 5th-highest blitz rate in the league, sending added pressure on 31.6 % of opposing dropbacks.

Brock Osweiler rates 37th out of 41 passers (since 2016) in QB rating when blitzed (77.1).

Osweiler also has the 8th-highest INT rate per attempt when blitzed, and 4th-fewest YPA (6.19).

Therefore, we'll lose by 17.

Archived