Ryan Tannehill ruled out; quick thoughts.

Patriot Killa

This game defines the 2018 season for me. I have no idea what our WR situation will be this Sunday, but if Sam does get some of them back, this would be a great time for him to have a break out game. If he could go into Miami and light it up, then beat Buffalo the next week? Yeah, coming off two wins, sitting at 5-5 having the Pats up next after the bye? I'll take a win any way we can get it, but a statement game by Sam would be a shot across the bow to the AFC East. On the other hand, a loss to Miami this week will take whatever air there is out of the balloon this season. The Buffalo game and the ones after it would be meaningless, except for the develop Sam narrative.

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I kind of do too. I think the Buffalo game is a layup and this Miami game is pretty much 50/50. If we beat Miami we'll be 5-5 entering the bye week.

That’s how I feel. It’s just so typical of a Jets season. Get beaten down two weeks in a row, season feels over, players are hurt. 

Then we get the last of the easiest games left before the bye week and players are starting to come back just in time to make this a season again IF they don’t sh*t the bed.?

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets have the 5th-highest blitz rate in the league, sending added pressure on 31.6 % of opposing dropbacks.

Brock Osweiler rates 37th out of 41 passers (since 2016) in QB rating when blitzed (77.1).

Osweiler also has the 8th-highest INT rate per attempt when blitzed, and 4th-fewest YPA (6.19).

Therefore, we'll lose by 17 BECAUSE WE WON'T BLITZ

Fixed

I'm glad he's out and we know who we are dealing with. This team has a track record of struggling against backups when they are brought into the game.

I could just picture this team dominating Tannehill, he limps off the field, and on comes Osweiller to lead the Dolphins to victory. Kinda like last year with Moore...

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

5-5 breathes life into the season and it’s perfect timing as players are beginning to come back. These are the two easiest games left on this schedule aside from the second Bills game. We have to take advantage. If we can split with Miami, sweep Buffalo and grab one out of the Titans or Texans — losing to the Patriots twice and Green Bay that would put us at 9-7.

BIG task. I know what to expect but yet still hopeful for some weird reason.

My sentiments exactly

2 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

My sentiments exactly

We are in dire need of a run game though. This offense will stall out from the first drive of the game onto the last drive of the game if we can’t get Crowell going again and some kind of spark from Mcguire. 

Sam is still a rook and you can’t win being 1 dimensional against just about any NFL defense.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets have the 5th-highest blitz rate in the league, sending added pressure on 31.6 % of opposing dropbacks.

Brock Osweiler rates 37th out of 41 passers (since 2016) in QB rating when blitzed (77.1).

Osweiler also has the 8th-highest INT rate per attempt when blitzed, and 4th-fewest YPA (6.19).

Therefore, we'll lose by 17.

If you happen to have Todd or Kacy’s number please give them a call with those stats. Thank you.

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If this team loses to osweiller or peterman then for sure the coach should be canned at year end no question.  The one saving grace is neither qb is a runner though I could see Osweiller pulling away from jamal Adams on a run

If they lose to Osweiller or Peterman Bowles should be fired immediately after the game.

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I'm glad he's out and we know who we are dealing with. This team has a track record of struggling against backups when they are brought into the game.

I could just picture this team dominating Tannehill, he limps off the field, and on comes Osweiller to lead the Dolphins to victory. Kinda like last year with Moore...

Or this year with Mayfield.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:11 PM, Patriot Killa said:

It would be too Jetsy if we went into Miami and beat Brockmeister and the Dolphins then beat up on a subpar Buffalo team to get to 5-5 giving just enough meaning to a Patriots duel to go over .500 lmfaooo.

tell me that doesn’t sound like some sh*t that’ll happen just because. We’ll be getting some guys back soon too. Q had his helmet and doing drills today. Robby’s injury isn’t bad. Maybe Elijah can get going a little. Trumaine should be back next week.

Its actually pretty do-able.

for what it's worth, both of these games are must wins for the jets if they are to achieve any sort of respectability in the afc east this year.  imo bowles job depends on them.  and then they have the patsies the week after the by.  as we have seen in the past, the jets rarely put out a good effort after a by week.

I honestly wouldn’t mind going 3-13 if that meant firing Bowles and Maccagnan and securing the best pass rusher/LT/skill player in the draft. 

This team is already unwatchable. Let’s at least benefit from our incompetence.

Agreed but killa is right.
This is exactly the way it goes for the jets. We beat the two afc east rivals and get to .500 going into the bye where we get two weeks rest going into the big pats showdown! The build up will be momentous and everyone will be asking if we are ready to unseat the pats to go to the playoffs etc.

Then we lose, all the fans go into the sky is falling mode and our hearts get broken once again.
We’ve seen this episode before. Will we actually wonder if Ned Starks head will still get cut off??? lol.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 11/1/2018 at 2:11 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Therefore, we'll lose by 17.

I heard a similar narrative last week about Trubisky vs. the blitz. So yes, your last line is entirely feasible.

Archived