Congratulations SouthernJet

jgb

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

My dad @SouthernJet retired yesterday after 45+ years at IBM. My guess is you'll see a lot more of him on here soon! Congrats dad! Love you although still haven't totally forgiven you for making me a Jets fan...

At the old "JI" there was a poster whose signature read something like....  On the anniversary of my Dear Dads passing, I always visit his grave site. I look down and curse him for making me a JETS fan.

Thought that was hilarious!

Congratulations SJ! Enjoy your retirement.

I hope you went off in style. Last day, logged off, high fived everyone as you walked out. Then you walked outside the building and got into a limo that was waiting to take you home.  :)

2 hours ago, jgb said:

My dad @SouthernJet retired yesterday after 45+ years at IBM. My guess is you'll see a lot more of him on here soon! Congrats dad! Love you although still haven't totally forgiven you for making me a Jets fan...

Heart felt congrats! My dad passed in 1988, however if he were still here, I would have probably killed him by now for raising me a Jets Mets Knicks and Rangers fan LOL...

7 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Thank you!  I had the opportunity to go and jumped on it.  Lot's of golf and beach since then.  If I can survive the winter without going nuts, I am all set.  

That is great. I just turned 49 and fingers crossed if everything goes well I should be able to retire when I am 84 lol.

42 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Heart felt congrats! My dad passed in 1988, however if he were still here, I would have probably killed him by now for raising me a Jets Mets Knicks and Rangers fan LOL...

I didn't know whether to give a sad or funny emoticon response to this post so I just upvoted it. We are all claimants for child abuse, I think ;)

44 minutes ago, Blackout said:

i didn't know IBM was a southern company

congratulations, retirement is golden 

Yeah was part of the great IBM migration from Poughkeepsie to NC in the early 80s. Some of my fondest memories are driving around Raleigh with my old man looking for a bar with a dish that would put the Jets game on (usually on the tiniest TV in the john ?). 

4 hours ago, jgb said:

LOL, thanks I appreciate it. Love ya :) 

Love all u Jet fans also,,we are a brother and sisterhood that has as its emblem Joan of Arc on the Fire pile ;)

2 hours ago, JiF said:

45 years!?!?!?!?! WOW.  Nobody does that anymore this day in age.

Congrats, SJ!  I'm totally excited about all the nonsensical threads that are coming our way!!!!

LOL. as my old pal afosomf used to say 'winner winner chicken dinner'

1 hour ago, jgb said:

True now you don't have 8 hours a day to kill in front of a computer!

LOL, The key is to be older so your memory is fading a bit. That way at work, you watch Star Trek Next Generation's 7 seasons at work, then Deep Space Nine's 7 season, then Voyager's 7 seasons, then Enterprise's 4 seasons. When done start over and it will all seem new again cause enough tome has passed LOL

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah was part of the great IBM migration from Poughkeepsie to NC in the early 80s. Some of my fondest memories are driving around Raleigh with my old man looking for a bar with a dish that would put the Jets game on (usually on the tiniest TV in the john ?). 

sort of how I got here. College roommate, from Binghamton, had to move here as his family was relocated to Charlotte with IBM in the 80's.  When I wanted to move, I knew ONE person in Charlotte.  So I moved here in the mid 90's. LOVE IT!!!!   Started the Charlotte Jets fans club in 2009.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Congratulations SJ! Enjoy your retirement.

I hope you went off in style. Last day, logged off, high fived everyone as you walked out. Then you walked outside the building and got into a limo that was waiting to take you home.  :)

LOL, man you are REAL close. TRUE STORY... I did what you said and wrote a SHORT letter with my private email and cellphone then said "this is the best way I can say Goodbye after 45 years" and I inserted this video to much of IBM software.....   

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

Thank you!  I had the opportunity to go and jumped on it.  Lot's of golf and beach since then.  If I can survive the winter without going nuts, I am all set.  

ya I am signing up for a high tech golf session lasts a month I think this winter to get my game back where it was when a teenager, they buy best club Pro recommends and join maybe 2 senior leagues,,Hey at least for a few years I can have fun on the senior tees on par 4's LOL

and 3 weeks in italy next June and probably a trip to singapore to visit my son (hopefully he move to Munich by then or I will have to upgrade for 24 hour flight, UGH) I had to last time as I had accident last day there and blew my knee up.. Too bad hard country to sue in :(

Archived