Congratulations SouthernJet

jgb

1 hour ago, Blackout said:

i didn't know IBM was a southern company

congratulations, retirement is golden 

LOL thanks, but actually it sort of is now...Raleigh biggest site and all PHDs etc located here w/WATSON and software group HQ'ed here.. Austin also huge high tech site. I think Raleigh getting much of the soon to be coming NASA/Space Force stuff.......

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

That is great. I just turned 49 and fingers crossed if everything goes well I should be able to retire when I am 84 lol.

well Phil, you just gave me my 1st retirement Sid Caesar 'spit coffee take' LOL

On other note, Wife is depressed, I dont blame her, had a major gig going for last 16 years, empty nest, no job (outsideof home, dont kill me) and now she has a Type A pain in the ass here. So I have feeling I may be flying up for a few games next year and I also have a summer camp planned next year w/beat writers where I said I will pay for everyones lunch. I told Connor Hughes to plan, Invited Sandler also and told them hopefully you could be there. If, big IF it comes thru I will contact you..

27 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

LOL. as my old pal afosomf used to say 'winner winner chicken dinner'

If afosomf here under new name, come back out man,, I miss ya,,and I need Golf Tips now,,Afo is basically a scratch golfer

Miss ya brother

2 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I will pass that on to Mrs SouthernJet

Many people have been congratulating SJ and giving condolences to my mother this week. Having him around 24/7? She should get hazard pay ;) 

24 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

sort of how I got here. College roommate, from Binghamton, had to move here as his family was relocated to Charlotte with IBM in the 80's.  When I wanted to move, I knew ONE person in Charlotte.  So I moved here in the mid 90's. LOVE IT!!!!   Started the Charlotte Jets fans club in 2009.

and I see you are a loyal Tar Heel fan ;)

3 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Congrats... Dont blame your dad for making you a Jets fan.  He just wanted someone to share the misery with! :rl:

10 points for the old school rolling around laughing emoticon

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Many people have been congratulating SJ and giving condolences to my mother this week. Having him around 24/7? She should get hazard pay ;) 

Hey I told her go back to work, She was IBMer also long time ago but a model also. 60 is new 40, folks been trying to get her back to model and she says 'Nah why'. Well ya, cause you can relax at home, duhhh....but lets add to the nest egg and give me some alone time ;) 

when I made my last video for IBM month or so ago, I figured I would have fun and see how many actually figured out my little gag with clothing to show 'this is the clown you have been paying 45 years' ;) Here is a picture from between takes:

1048.JPG

Congrats nice run enjoy the time off and less responsibilities many say life gets so much easier without the daily grind. 

I plan on joining all you retirees in about 5 months, many say im too young but I say the hell with them all. 

34 year run at at my place of employment. 

11 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

LOL, thanks I appreciate it. Love ya :) 

Love all u Jet fans also,,we are a brother and sisterhood that has as its emblem Joan of Arc on the Fire pile ;)

Can assmop have your job?

Congrats!

I don't know whether to congratulate you or send my condolences. Now you'll have a ton of time to reflect on the performance of your New York Jets each week. You might drive yourself crazy.

$10 you will be back at work the minute Bowles punts from the opponents 37 yard line in the 4th when we are down 14 points. 

Archived