Never in my Life Have I Been LESS Impressed....

Warfish

Quite honestly, and this is not to disrespect Ham at all, I've prefered your posts in the past. You always seemed willing to debate from both angles and respect opinions that don't agree with you. Recently though you have taken a real hard stance on your beliefs without even considering the other end of the spectrum. So a post like this looks alot like a premature "I told you so" than a healthy debate. Still no reason for personal attacks.

As far as Ham, he is expected to be over the top and I don't take him too seriously. Afterall I figure he'll be dead right after the Jets pass up on Jay Cutler with the first pick. I set the over/under at 20 minutes before he jumps off a bridge.

Thank you Booz, I really appreciate the kind words. And maybe you're right, maybe the down year has made me more inflexable. I'm not trying to be.

It's not that I think Mangini CAN'T succeed. No one can say that (and maybe instead of being so emotional, I should have waited, calmed down, and posted more logic-ly and less...er.....I don't know, whining-ly).

And I think it bothers me a little that no one seems to agree with me. I guess maybe it is ego a little (how dare everyone disagree with me, right, lol). But it just looks like this kid is getting 100% unwavering support....yet to me, he looks like another unqualified, hired-for-reasons-other-than-winning-football kind of coach. Instead of Racial Harmony (Herm) we get Bellichek/New England Obsession (Mangini).

But I should have been more clear in my initial post. I should have merely stated that Mangini has ALOT to prove he deserved this hire, nd left it at that.

Logic always beats emotion, but I've been too damn emotional about teh Jets lately. You're right about that.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try decaf.

Thanks for the advice Cane.

Just out of curiosity, can you remind me why you dislike me so much? I honestly cannot remember, but it seems you have nothing but ire for me, both here today, and on JI when you're over there.

Care to remind me what your issue with me is?

When it comes down to Mangini or Tice, Haslett, etc. its not hard for people to be happy. And as its been said, who cares how press conferences go. Sure, I bet most of us got a little annoyed when he started talking about Belichick, but thats the guy who pretty much got him where he is; so we really can't fault him for that. And I don't really see much of a difference in people being happy about the hire and people being angry about it. Both know that it could turn out one way or the other and both are really reserving their verdict until the W's and L's start coming. Its just a matter of perception and whether the glass is half full or half empty.

All that being said, if anybody ever wants to try to put me down and bash me here, go for it. But I don't want any of the mods stepping in for me, cause I can take care of myself. If I wanted protection, I would get my mom to make a profile. :D

Didn't take barely one day before somebody broke out "Mangina". You must be very proud of yourself, Girlyfish. Such class!

We had 4 years of a silver-tongued idiot.Did you learn anything from that, i.e., talking your head off doesn't necessarily translate into coaching brilliance? Mangini trips over a few words, and he sucks-very logical.If you're looking to be negative on the day Mangini's hired you're hopeless.

I like him. I'm giving him a chance. And I'm hopeful.

Didn't take barely one day before somebody broke out "Mangina". You must be very proud of yourself, Girlyfish. Such class!

We had 4 years of a silver-tongued idiot.Did you learn anything from that, i.e., talking your head off doesn't necessarily translate into coaching brilliance? Mangini trips over a few words, and he sucks-very logical.If you're looking to be negative on the day Mangini's hired you're hopeless.

The proof will be in the play.

:lol:

You just have to love the bi-polar existence of the average Jets fan......high comedy!

I told you all that Mangini was going to be a lousy public speaker and provide very little in the form of soundbite. Who cares. Have you heard the Pats HC? :lol: As long as you give the fanbase a competitive, winning team......do public speaking skills really matter?

:lol:

You just have to love the bi-polar existence of the average Jets fan......high comedy!

I told you all that Mangini was going to be a lousy public speaker and provide very little in the form of soundbite. Who cares. Have you heard the Pats HC? :lol: As long as you give the fanbase a competitive, winning team......do public speaking skills really matter?

Yea and everybody but warfish said the same thing in this thread. Did you read any of it or just read 1 post and pass judgement on all of us?

Yea and everybody but warfish said the same thing in this thread. Did you read any of it or just read 1

post and pass judgement on all of us?

I passed negative judgement on all of you immediately. Your collective past history dictates that.

:mrgreen:

For a guy with a Soldier as your avatar, you're awful sensative to a little word-play. What ever happened to sticks-and-stones, and all that?

And I am certainly not the first to use the term, and it is IMO FAR less offensive than some of the names used for Herm over the years. But you're entitled to your sensativities, of course.

I don't particularly like him, but I too will give him his chance, and I am as hopeful as can be all things considered.

Max.....where are you????!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case you read the rest of this thread, you would have seen that situation was taken care of already :wink:

as for the hiring... I can see where 'Fish is coming from. He's a passionate fan. He has his right to his opinion, no matter how wrong other people think it is. It's his opinion, and in his mind it's right.

Myself? The hiring should be seen as a positive. It was time for a change. The Jets actually got a hot candidate. And he's someone who's highly reguarded. So he's not the greatest public speaker. Who among us are? I'd be willing to bet only a few of us on this site would be comfortable speaking infront of the media. But, that doesn't mean that those of us who are, are great minds. We'd just be good with words. The results of this hiring aren't going to be immediate. They'll take a couple years. So, let's sit back and enjoy the ride. We may even get lucky and have immediate results.

Thanks for the advice Cane.

Just out of curiosity, can you remind me why you dislike me so much? I honestly cannot remember, but it seems you have nothing but ire for me, both here today, and on JI when you're over there.

Care to remind me what your issue with me is?

I'll pm you, and we'll discuss privately.

But decaf is really a sincere suggestion. How many Starbucks did you have today? ;-)

I'll pm you, and we'll discuss privately.

But decaf is really a sincere suggestion. How many Starbucks did you have today? ;-)

I'll await your PM, because frankly, I'd like to make peace if it's possible. I don't like being unfriendly with fellow Jets fans, regardless of opinions, politics and the like. Sincerely.

As for coffee.....I had one tripple-size mug at home this morning, and a trio of Dier Cokes today. Still, likely more than I need, all things considered.

hand-mirror.gif

I have to agree with TX on this one. Smizzy, you are one of my favorite posters on this site and i have nothing but respect for you, but its not just jetcane/warfish/SJ doing all the name calling. Think of all the mean things you can say (GlennFoley), even if you are joking, he is entitled to his opinion. Isnt that what this thread has been al about?

I have to agree with TX on this one. Smizzy, you are one of my favorite posters on this site and i have nothing but respect for you, but its not just jetcane/warfish/SJ doing all the name calling. Think of all the mean things you can say (GlennFoley), even if you are joking, he is entitled to his opinion. Isnt that what this thread has been al about?

What has this thread been all about? I don't recall insulting any one and as for GlennFoley....I seriously doubt he is even a Jets fan. He seems like a troll in disguise,looking to ruffle our feathers. I limit his soapbox time.

Regardless....They will be no more of it. By you or Me. Cool guys?

I havent sent the pm yet, but I will. I am not one to refuse an olive branch.

Once we work it out, it will all be good.

(Except this thread, which STINKS!)

;-)

btw, recommending decaf and calling out drama when I see it doesnt rate too high on the name calling list imho.

I just watched the press conference and while his delivery wasn't great, he certainly said the right things. I particularly liked his answer to the question of whether he will install a base 3-4 defense. He basically said he will evaluate the strengths of the players and use a system which fits those strengths and which gives the team the best chance to win.

Now, that may turn out to be worthless rhetoric, but I will wait until he makes some real football decisions before I pass judgement. His job is to coach the Jets, not to give great press conferences.

Btw anyone who hasn't seen it, the links are on the official site:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/

The fact that we're already criticizing a flipping press conference shows how bitter we've become as fans. So the guy can't speak in front of the camera well. So what?? correct me if im wrong, but Belichick isn't exactly the Joe Blow PR guy either.

Did you see Charlie Weis' press conference when he got the Notre Dame gig? I was like, this guy is going to bomb out.

These guys didn't spend summers doing Shakespeare in the park.

O.k., I'm going to chime in with my two cents. I think part of the reason why some posters in this thread have responded with such invective to Warfish's statements is that it's similar to someone knocking a new car/stereo/etc. that you just bought.

With all of the negative things that have happened to this franchise, it would be nice if we were actually able to enjoy some good news (which I believe Mangini is) for a change. There is plenty of time for the new HC to get bashed, but how about waiting until we actually see what he can do as a HC?

I think that Mangini is an upgrade over Herm and the growing pains that we experienced with Edwards will not be nearly as bad this time around. I'm happy with the choice, but cautious because this is the New York Jets!

Archived