Never in my Life Have I Been LESS Impressed....

Warfish

What has this thread been all about? I don't recall insulting any one and as for GlennFoley....I seriously doubt he is even a Jets fan. He seems like a troll in disguise,looking to ruffle our feathers. I limit his soapbox time.

Regardless....They will be no more of it. By you or Me. Cool guys?

Cool smizzy, i know im newer here so i dont have as much cred, but i still believe respect for one another is a foundation of a successful community, be that on the internet or in life. And it wasn't a personal attack either i hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool smizzy, i know im newer here so i dont have as much cred, but i still believe respect for one another is a foundation of a successful community, be that on the internet or in life. And it wasn't a personal attack either i hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

No problem brett. Voice your opinion when and wherever you want. That is what this place is all about. i didn't take it personal.

Did any of you watch the press confrence?

He did mumble thru the entire thing and I was less than impressed also.

Trying to give a speech in front of a crowd is harder than it looks. Some people, including me, just can't talk well in front of large audiences. When I was in broadcasting school I was a stuttering, mumbling bastard when I had to get up in front of the class and give a speech.

As far as Mangini goes. He didn't get under my skin like Herm did the day of his press conference where he was introduced as the Jets HC. Maningi seems like a good guy, but we'll see. He may not know sh!t when it comes to being a HC. I'll give him a chance.

Who knows, he could be worse than Kotite. #-o

Trying to give a speech in front of a crowd is harder than it looks. Some people, including me, just can't talk well in front of large audiences. When I was in broadcasting school I was a stuttering, mumbling bastard when I had to get up in front of the class and give a speech.

As far as Mangini goes. He didn't get under my skin like Herm did the day of his press conference where he was introduced as the Jets HC. Maningi seems like a good guy, but we'll see. He may not know sh!t when it comes to being a HC. I'll give him a chance.

Look, enough about his speech-making skills. Come on already. Bellichek cant string together 3 words in a smooth manner and is unable to make solid Eye Contact with anyone while he talks. Does this make him a bad coach? End of story. enough.

I think we can all agree...We can't tell what kind of coach he will be by the way he talks to the press.

Look, enough about his speech-making skills. Come on already. Bellichek cant string together 3 words in a smooth manner and is unable to make solid Eye Contact with anyone while he talks. Does this make him a bad coach? End of story. enough.

Well excuse the sh*t out of me!!!

I just got here and I read half way to the 2nd page before I responded & after I responded I saw how much everyone talked about his speech-making skills.

Why TF are you so worried about how much people talk about a subject?

If you don't like the subject matter, get off the thread & stop reading!!!

I havent sent the pm yet, but I will. I am not one to refuse an olive branch.

Once we work it out, it will all be good.

(Except this thread, which STINKS!)

;-)

btw, recommending decaf and calling out drama when I see it doesnt rate too high on the name calling list imho.

Actually, I agree. I AM a drama queen of sorts, and decaf might just help the shakes, ThE DAMN SHaKeS......dAmN ThEm ShAkEs! :shock::lol:

Actually, I agree. I AM a drama queen of sorts, and decaf might just help the shakes, ThE DAMN SHaKeS......dAmN ThEm ShAkEs! :shock::lol:

Don't get nuts over it Warfish, you are firmly on record as being against the hire and like any one of us here, you are entitled to your opinion. If it doesn't work out, you can start the "I told you so" thread in about 3 years. :lol: Agree or disagree, Mangini is now the coach. The only thing to do now is root like hell for him to make the Jets a winner and take us to the Super Bowl.

Well excuse the sh*t out of me!!!

I just got here and I read half way to the 2nd page before I responded & after I responded I saw how much everyone talked about his speech-making skills.

Why TF are you so worried about how much people talk about a subject?

If you don't like the subject matter, get off the thread & stop reading!!!

it bothers me because we have a bad reputation of creating a bubbling negativity about our coaches etc (for good reasons most of the time), but I just dont want to see this guy get bashed before he even steps on the sidelines.

it bothers me because we have a bad reputation of creating a bubbling negativity about our coaches etc (for good reasons most of the time), but I just dont want to see this guy get bashed before he even steps on the sidelines.

You're right and I don't want to see him get bashed before he gets to the sidelines either. Us Jets fans create bubbling negativity because year after year, coach after coach, we've been pumped up only to be let down by the Jets. I've been a Jets fan since I was about 3, and I'm tired of waiting for the Jets to win a SB in my lifetime.

I admit that I bashed the sh!t out of Herm before he even stepped onto the field. I bashed him because of what he said in his first press conference as the Jets HC. Not for how he spoke, but for what he said.

You're right and I don't want to see him get bashed before he gets to the sidelines either. Us Jets fans create bubbling negativity because year after year, coach after coach, we've been pumped up only to be let down by the Jets. I've been a Jets fan since I was about 3, and I'm tired of waiting for the Jets to win a SB in my lifetime.

I admit that I bashed the sh!t out of Herm before he even stepped onto the field. I bashed him because of what he said in his first press conference as the Jets HC. Not for how he spoke, but for what he said.

What did Herm say in his first press conference?

I was 14 years old at that time :oops:

FIRE MANGINI

Dramaqueen.jpg

:P

I heard the presser on radio at work, and saw clips of it last night.

He was a less than impressive speaker, even moreso on the radio. But when I watched him, he actually seemed very, very sincere, unlike the snake-oil salesman we previously had for a coach.

Considering we SHOULD know by now that being a silver-tongued (and fork-tongued) speaker is NOT a prime indicator of coaching ability, and considering that EM is /was Mumbles' protege, what should we have really expected? Would mumbles have had a glib protege? I dont think so.

Look, my first choice would have been one of the co-ords already with the team, and I said that on JI last week, but jumping the gun on this guy because he didnt give a Herm-like speech is absurd.

Maybe some of you prefer a guy like Chuckie who snarls into the camera, or Parcells who plays games with the media, but Mangini is who he is, and to freak out because he didnt move you with his words is way over the top.

I actually prefer seeing someone a little nervous at first and not some snotty know-it-all who is all slicked up and more concerned with pumping up the fans than he is with Xs and Os.

EM addressed a main issue in his hiring: his age or lack of it. He seems very conscientious, very humble, and very sincere. I like that, and after the greaseball we just sent packing, I found his human-ness refreshing. Will that translate into great coaching? I have no effing idea. But to jump off an emotional cliff about it is way over the top. Garb is sooo right about the bipolar disorder festering in many Jet fans.

This team is in borderline shambles, and I dont expect more than 8-8 or 9-7 next year. That wont mean Mangini isnt a good coach. Those of you who are craving a SB wont get it next season, and it wont be because Mangini isnt a good coach. Sorry, but after what Herm did to this franchise (with help from Bradway, et al) it will take some time to put it back together. So, learn some patience or you will end up jumping off a cliff.

WF, a couple of months ago, without provocation, you starting attacking me personally on the Politics board, to the extent that even 5N jumped on the thread and told you you were being "mean". However, that didnt stop you. I personally dont give a crap what you think, and simply placed you on ignore. I only see your posts when someone else quotes you. I'm not in the habit of 'specting people who make personal attacks on me.

Apparently you have a short memory, which only shows me you are even more pathological than I thought.

You are the only poster who has ever done that- attack me personally, and not be content with agreeing or disagreeing with a post of mine. Like I said, putting you on ignore was an easy solution, and that was fine with me, because I dont come on these boards to read your pathological rants anyway.

But there doesnt seem to be an ignore feature on this board, so I did read your post here, and expressed my opinion of your over-dramatization of the situation.

To say you overreact is an understatement. You are not the only Jet fan who wants the team to win a SB, but you seem to be the most likely to lose it when that goal is not met. So, my suggestion that you cut down on the Red Bulls/Starbucks is not so extraordinary. To each his own, I guess.

Fire me than. This message board will NOT turn into the landing strip. You want to belittle everyone and everything...go there & do it.

There difference is here Smizzy, that you don't agree with Warfish. Others have gotten blasted for their opinions time and time again and I don't remember you swooping in to call a "JI" foul.

BZ

Bottom line:

Press Conf. don't portel how the man can coach. Herm was excellent meeting the press, but a poor Xs and Os man. I am willing to give Mangini a chance to show me what he's got in the coaching arena.

Besides, remember, Parcells and BB do not allow their assistants to meet the press. So this was Mangini's first press conf. Add in the fact that this is the NY Press, and you can understand why he was nervous, and not comfortable. I think his press confs will improve, but he will never be entertaining, like Herm was.

Then again, I think his coaching will also never be at the level Herm was either, thank goodness. :wink:

What did Herm say in his first press conference?

I was 14 years old at that time :oops:

That's nothing to be embarrased about kid. I wish I were your age. I was 28 at the time.

In his speech Herm basically said that he doesn't care what the fans think of him or how he coached because it's HIS team. Plus he had a huge attitude during his speech.

Don't quote me on that, it's not word for word. I just remember him saying something like that.

WF, a couple of months ago, without provocation, you starting attacking me personally on the Politics board, to the extent that even 5N jumped on the thread and told you you were being "mean". However, that didnt stop you. I personally dont give a crap what you think, and simply placed you on ignore. I only see your posts when someone else quotes you. I'm not in the habit of 'specting people who make personal attacks on me.

Apparently you have a short memory, which only shows me you are even more pathological than I thought.

You are the only poster who has ever done that- attack me personally, and not be content with agreeing or disagreeing with a post of mine. Like I said, putting you on ignore was an easy solution, and that was fine with me, because I dont come on these boards to read your pathological rants anyway.

Well, I don't recall the personal attacks you speak of, but I apologize that my comments on that board were offensive. While you say I'm the only poster to personally attack you, I can say with surety that I've been personally attacked by almost EVERY single poster that resides on that particular forum, both Left and Right. That board is a haven of such things, and while I don't doubt your word that you've only had issues with me, that is not representative of what that board usually offers. Perhaps my own issues of defending myself from the constant attacks there have made me more defensive that needed (you should read the "Warfish is a Fatass" posts, they were fun) or appropriate, but that is no excuse for personal attacks outside the realm of the issue being discussed. So I can do nothing else but offer my unconditional apology for any personal attacks I made.

I pride myself on trying my very best to argue issues, both political and football, based on the ultimate law of logic. and while it is very true that I can get as caught up as anyone else over issues I am passionate about, I don't like making personal attacks, and I try not to. But I am human, and I fail as much as any man. And for that, I AM sorry.

As for the rest, you are certainly free to dislike me and my opinions, which you clearly do. I certainly do not agree with your characterizations of me in general, but you are certainly free to them. No one can tell another what they must think, and if you think I am a fool, and a loud one at that, that is fine too. All I can say is that if you do not like the things I have to say, the ignore feature on JI is indeed your best choice, and I would say ignoring any posts or threads I may start here would also be a fine solution. However, if ignoring me is your goal, mocking me for my passions is not really the best way to go about that, but that too is your choise. I'm sorry you feel as you do, but it is what it is, and I doubt that I can be an honest poster, and still convince you I am not what you think I am, all things considered.

Man, it's January.

It will take some time for Mangini to place his stamp on this team. While I would like to see improvement in this team, as in clock management, preparedness, etc, it would be unfair to judge this man after one season, much less after a press conference.

We haven't even had a draft yet, nor a training camp, pre season game, or regular season game.

Can we hold off on our opinions at least until then?

I, personally, don't care what the man sounds like. Imho, he was nervous, and had every right to be. This is big. Huge. Let him settle in, and give him time.

There difference is here Smizzy, that you don't agree with Warfish. Others have gotten blasted for their opinions time and time again and I don't remember you swooping in to call a "JI" foul.

BZ

If someone wants to blast your opinion out of the water...by all means do so. But do it with facts,not insults.

You go find another thread where I let another post get insulted and bashed for his expressing himself.

Well, I don't recall the personal attacks you speak of, but I apologize that my comments on that board were offensive. While you say I'm the only poster to personally attack you, I can say with surety that I've been personally attacked by almost EVERY single poster that resides on that particular forum, both Left and Right. That board is a haven of such things, and while I don't doubt your word that you've only had issues with me, that is not representative of what that board usually offers. Perhaps my own issues of defending myself from the constant attacks there have made me more defensive that needed (you should read the "Warfish is a Fatass" posts, they were fun) or appropriate, but that is no excuse for personal attacks outside the realm of the issue being discussed. So I can do nothing else but offer my unconditional apology for any personal attacks I made.

I pride myself on trying my very best to argue issues, both political and football, based on the ultimate law of logic. and while it is very true that I can get as caught up as anyone else over issues I am passionate about, I don't like making personal attacks, and I try not to. But I am human, and I fail as much as any man. And for that, I AM sorry.

As for the rest, you are certainly free to dislike me and my opinions, which you clearly do. I certainly do not agree with your characterizations of me in general, but you are certainly free to them. No one can tell another what they must think, and if you think I am a fool, and a loud one at that, that is fine too. All I can say is that if you do not like the things I have to say, the ignore feature on JI is indeed your best choice, and I would say ignoring any posts or threads I may start here would also be a fine solution. However, if ignoring me is your goal, mocking me for my passions is not really the best way to go about that, but that too is your choise. I'm sorry you feel as you do, but it is what it is, and I doubt that I can be an honest poster, and still convince you I am not what you think I am, all things considered.

That is why politics and religion don't belong on a football messageboard.

Now that I'm done venting...

050-peacegirl.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This thread is like a car wreck; you just have to keep looking. After wasting 15 minutes that I'll never get back, at least I get to see a fine young female body. Thanks again !!

:lol:

If someone wants to blast your opinion out of the water...by all means do so. But do it with facts,not insults.

You go find another thread where I let another post get insulted and bashed for his expressing himself.

Try half the threads about Herm, with me replying.

Anywhoo.. I can't remember why I got into this thread in the first place.

Must have been Stud or Dud 2006!!!!

:)

BZ

Fish is a great poster though I wouldn't rush to judgement on our HC with a main argument being he was nervous in his first NY televised press conference.

Mangini has had the equivalent of going to Harvard in terms of football mentors he's worked under.

Worth a shot IMO.

...But thats Warfish's stance I think...I feel the same way myself. I didnt see the press conference and wasn't setting my watch to see it either. I could care less what his public speaking skills are. My main concern is that all he has is this extensive spread of 11 years behind Parcels and BB and everyone seems to think that that automatically makes him good because they were. Yes he may have some invaluable football knowledge and has studied behind 2 of the best of this time, but that doesn't make him good IMO.. I can study under the best of the best in anything that has no bearing on how I'll do..It'll just mean that I have the knowledge. That doesnt mean that I know how to put it into practice. Thats my concern. He has these 11 (I believe it's 11) years of study but he's been a coordinator only 1 year. So that 1 year is the only real hands on practice of being a "coach" that he has IMO. I don't know if I could jump in saying he's gonna be great or that he was the best candidate when you had othe candidates that were already HC's and coordiantors for years. That doesnt mean they make better coaches cause they too have failed...but they do have more experience in "coaching"...But I will say Im interested in seeing what the man will do and can do. I hope he does well. A shakeup like this can prove good or bad. Time will tell. Welome Mangini..and good luck with the mess you have to correct...all that said..Keep J. Abe please... :lol::mrgreen:

cue Abe haters... :lol:

...Here here darling...I think that was well said and very big of you. I wish everyone would be like this concerning boards...And for the record Im a woman also... :lol: so no penis quips ok... :mrgreen:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This thread is like a car wreck; you just have to keep looking. After wasting 15 minutes that I'll never get back, at least I get to see a fine young female body. Thanks again !!

:lol:

She kind of reminded me of Jetsbabe2315, no?

Archived