Mike Greenberg Interview with Rex Ryan

VinnyT16

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehh..I came to the thread looking forward to seeing it pasted so I can conviently read it here or at least seeing a link so I can paste it for everyone else...

And they say being the forum paper boy is some sort of bad thing.?

http://m.espn.com/general/cast?id=22943353&src=desktop

here you go fella’s. It’s in video form so it’s the best I can do.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ehh..I came to the thread looking forward to seeing it pasted so I can conviently read it here or at least seeing a link so I can paste it for everyone else...

And they say being the forum paper boy is some sort of bad thing.?

http://m.espn.com/general/cast?id=22943353&src=desktop

here you go fella’s. It’s in video forum so it’s the best I can do.

Thanks so much Mike. Thread was useless without it.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Bowles is 100% for sure a downgrade from rex and I thought rex was terrible.

Same exact thoughts, Beerfish. If you would of asked me how we could get any worse in the coaching department back in 2013..I would of said point blank..it’s impossible! We can’t! 

But we did. Only thing is that the media has been tame and we aren’t a circus in the papers.

instead we are just a circus in on the field.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Agreed about Bowles being a downgrade. Don't know about the 100%. Bowles is extremely quiet ... the total opposite of Rex. Buffoon is the word out here that they use to call him towards the end. They grew tired of his act after only 2 years.

This romanticization of Rex is pretty funny.  Terrible HC after the Mangini talent fell off the team but his defense was at least competitive. 

For instance you at least knew when the Jets were playing a rookie QB he was going to get rocked.  Now, we have a lil fella like Mayfield run circles around the D and field a 24th ranked overall defense.  Sad.

13 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

This romanticization of Rex is pretty funny.  Terrible HC after the Mangini talent fell off the team but his defense was at least competitive. 

For instance you at least knew when the Jets were playing a rookie QB he was going to get rocked.  Now, we have a lil fella like Mayfield run circles around the D and field a 24th ranked overall defense.  Sad.

Forget sad. It’s disgusting. Bowles is defensive minded coach and has high quality draft capital and tons of FA money invested into a defense that cannot stop a nosebleed. Bowles isn’t some savvy X’s and O’s coach and he cannot scheme his way out of a paper bag.

He doesn’t have the in-game situational awareness that you need as a coach so his decision making coupled with his non-existent adjustments stem from that very lack of awareness.

You are seeing a bozo handed everything he needs to at least be competent on the side of the ball he specializes in, on the side of the ball that he played in for years and he can’t do anything with it.

Leonard Willams - 1st round/6th pick

Darron Lee - 1st round/20th pick

Jorden Jenkins - 3rd round

Jamal Adams - 1st round/6th pick

Marcus Maye - 2nd round

Morris Claiborne - 1st round/6th pick

Trumaine Johnson - big FA signing

Avery Williamson - moderate FA signing

This team may not have an edge rusher and we may stumble into some turnovers here and there but they bend far too often and they break far too often.

in fact they spend most of the game bending which is not good. Not when you have a secondary full of 1st/2nd rounders.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Completely agree.  Neither is suited to be a head coach but Rex > Bowles.

The sad part is that the we can't get one of those dynamite coordinators on our staff.  Rex ran that Baltimore D that won a Super Bowl.  Bowles ran an Arizona D that went to the NFC Championship Game.  But both teams were smart enough to know that neither guy should wear the Head Coach headset.

Rex with a completely outsourced offense to Bates would be interesting though.  I think he'd get a lot more out of Darron Lee and Leo Williams than Bowles is getting.  JMHO.

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Loved Rex when we were winning but after those final years I’m glad we had a culture reset with Bowles. Even though I am cool with Bowles getting canned I am happy that our team isn’t much of an embarrassment anymore. Helps that the Giants are a train wreck.

Good point.

We became bad and embarrassing under Rex.

We're just bad and boring under Bowles.

Some guys are just not cut out to be head coaches, but are very good coordinators...Norv Turner, excellent OC, mediocre HC, Rex Ryan, great DC, mediocre HC, Wade Phillips, same story.  I think Bowles fits the same mold.  He might make a decent DC for some team, but he just doesn't cut it as a HC.

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

I always liked Rex. Didn't like him running his mouth constantly especially about the Jets winning the SB every year. Maybe he was just trying to take the pressure off the players but I always suspected it had the opposite result.

That's exactly why some Jet fans hate him.. You promise kids candy and you don't deliver you get the same result..Bottom line is he got the team to 2 AFCCG's and how many have done that??

22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Completely agree.  Neither is suited to be a head coach but Rex > Bowles.

The sad part is that the we can't get one of those dynamite coordinators on our staff.  Rex ran that Baltimore D that won a Super Bowl.  Bowles ran an Arizona D that went to the NFC Championship Game.  But both teams were smart enough to know that neither guy should wear the Head Coach headset.

Rex with a completely outsourced offense to Bates would be interesting though.  I think he'd get a lot more out of Darron Lee and Leo Williams than Bowles is getting.  JMHO.

I’m with you. Rex could at least draw up schemes.  The game plan in the AFC Divisional round vs New England was perfection.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I’m quite certain my dog would be about even with Rex as a HC just based on infinite monkey theorem alone, not even taking into account leadership quality 

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

These threads always expose such juicy false logic. My favorite is the ‘in order to not have Bowles, we must still have Rex’ mindset.

I think people would just rather sh*t than lots of sh*t. Guys acknowledge that Rex was garbage but more of the point in reminiscing on that clown is to put emphasis on just how bad Todd Bowles is at coaching.

Only 2 differences between Bowles, and Ryan.  First Ryan actually was a talented DC with great play calling abilities, Bowles apparently does not, or can’t get the players here to buy into his system, and they are polar opposites with a Mic placed in front of them, other then that they are both player coaches that will continually throw the offense and GM under the bus for as long as he can to save his job, so edge goes to Ryan who can actually field a defense.

2 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

Not so much in the final 2 years of his tenure.  Based on DVOA, in 2013, our defense was ranked 16th in Weighted Defense, and 18th against the pass.  In 2014, the D was 22nd overall and against the pass. 

2 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

Really.. I still see Tebow tear up the field with our so called D that could never get a stop when needed.  

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Good point.

We became bad and embarrassing under Rex.

We're just bad and boring under Bowles.

Yup, there was hate for the Jets under Rex, people wanted to shut him up

Todd brings the pity, people feel sorry for us, like cheering for the last person to finish the race, "good job"  "great effort" easy to be nice since there was never a threat

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed about Bowles being a downgrade. Don't know about the 100%. Bowles is extremely quiet ... the total opposite of Rex. Buffoon is the word out here that they use to call him towards the end. They grew tired of his act after only 2 years.

Bowles lets his players act the buffoon.

56 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Rex Ryan got a tattoo of Mark Sanchez on his arm.

Todd Bowles after shel rich got traded said he was going to be a great friends for the rest of his life.  He also said mo wilk tried hard after perhaps the laziest performance i have seen from a dlineman

Archived