*******OFFICIAL JETS--DOLPHINS GAME THREAD*******

parting shot for today is...  jets nation? lets not turn on each other. the team is stocked with poor players and bad coaches.

its like holding your girlfrineds hair while she pukes....   just be kind...    

we're in the same plane with no working engines going down....

1 minute ago, ausman said:

If Long can’t long snap, why not devise a plan that puts Darnold under center more, sprinkling in some shotgun plays to take pressure off his injured finger.  That is, if his line play calling is that important.

under center means the DL is in his lap when he completes his dropback

4 minutes ago, ausman said:

If Long can’t long snap, why not devise a plan that puts Darnold under center more, sprinkling in some shotgun plays to take pressure off his injured finger.  That is, if his line play calling is that important.

That’s called coaching... something this team doesn’t have.?

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Notice how nearly all the problems today were on the offense, from the center’s snaps to the inability to block to the wasted timeouts b/c they couldn’t get plays called on time to kearse not knowing where he was on the field.  The entire offense is disfunctional.

Just shooting the breeze here, but imagine if Tuna was 20 years younger and took over this team.

All he would do is tighten up the OLine, get a Centre who can snap and acquire/couch up a few receivers that get Sam some separation. That's it. All on the O. I think the record flips to 6-3.

I've ragged on Adams etc in the past but there's enough data on this season now that clearly while we still lack a pass rusher, if the Offense was simply 'serviceable' we could be above .500.

So get a new coach in, load the next draft/free agency with offensive prospects and IMO the ship looks at least a payoff contender.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Well, apparently it wasn't performance related despite long having more difficulty getting the ball to Sam then Sam did not getting it to the Dolphins

I think this is the low ebb of the Bowles Epoch.  Not just in-game performance, but also philosophy, hiring ability, adjustments. I watch teams that run offenses ten times more imaginative than ours.  And they do so far more energetically.  If we were a baseball team I would define us as a station to station team.  Where does that work anywhere, anytime anymore?

7 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I think this is the low ebb of the Bowles Epoch.  Not just in-game performance, but also philosophy, hiring ability, adjustments. I watch teams that run offenses ten times more imaginative than ours.  And they do so far more energetically.  If we were a baseball team I would define us as a station to station team.  Where does that work anywhere, anytime anymore?

You cannot run up the gut every first down. You wind up in 3rd and long all day. There is no guesswork to playing the Jets. And that's death. It's scared. Looks a lot like Goff did with Jeff Fisher. Take a long look today at the Rams; that could be the future, but you have to trust this kid Darnold. You drafted this guy, now you have to support him  by surrounding him with OL guys and some decent receivers. And trust him. If you're going to shat yourself every time he makes a bad pass, you have no business being an NFL head coach. No point to firing him today, but Bowles has to go. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bugg said:

You cannot run up the gut every first down. You wind up in 3rd and long all day. There is no guesswork to playing the Jets. And that's death. It's scared. Looks a lot like Goff did with Jeff Fisher. Take a long look today at the Rams; that could be the future, but you have to trust this kid Darnold. You drafted this guy, now you have to support him  by surrounding him with OL guys and some decent receivers. And trust him. If you're going to shat yourself every time he makes a bad pass, you have no business being an NFL head coach. No point to firing him today, but Bowles has to go. 

Bates is trying to turn Sam into Alex Smith.

• 11 months later...

“If you're going to shat yourself every time he makes a bad pass”

So basically twice a quarter