*******OFFICIAL JETS--DOLPHINS GAME THREAD*******

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Did you not see my other post? I am officially done with Kearse. He has no heart and hasn’t had his head in the game all year. DONE. Do not resign this pos. Start the rebuild OVER and clean house. I don’t care anymore and would rather root for over achieving scrubs off the street while rebuilding than this trash. I can handle losing if it’s with a good coach rebuilding. This is just an insult to the fans. 

I was thinking same thing all game long! 

• Upvote 1

The defence did an outstanding job today. Our offence however was once again predictable. I Understand that they want to protect Darnold early in games, but playing so conservative then forces Darnold to press which then results in stupid throws/ints.

If they lose this way again vs Buffalo then all bets are off for Bowles 

• Sympathy 3

I don't often say this, but I truly regret watching that game.  It just revealed to me how dysfunctional a team we are.  Three OCs in three years and you expect progress?  Line allowing pressure almost every pass play?  80 lousy yards rushing.  And then the presser.  No answer on why Long was not pulled in the first half.  Ugh.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Too much talk about Spencer Long. The Jets problems are way, way bigger than him. 

This is true but it is a microcosm of the team.  A very simple fixable thing.  A guy we over paid for in FA and the rookie QB who already has 100 things to worry about has to worry about the snaps....on ..every....single.....play.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I don't often say this, but I truly regret watching that game.  It just revealed to me how dysfunctional a team we are.  Three OCs in three years and you expect progress?  Line allowing pressure almost every pass play?  80 lousy yards rushing.  And then the presser.  No answer on why lOng was not pulled in the first half.  Ugh.

Well, apparently it wasn't performance related despite long having more difficulty getting the ball to Sam then Sam did not getting it to the Dolphins

• Upvote 1

I can understand Long and Kearse have injuries and giving it a go. When you see they can’t preform that on coaching keeping them in the game, don’t tell me they give us the best chance to win. When your QB is getting thrown off and. Arguably one of your top Recievers is not competing that’s a coaching decision to keep them in the game.

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This is the result of having an entire offense comprised of guys who were picked in rounds 4-7 except for the qb.  

Agreed. I think the team's not so bad everywhere else except our OLine and Receivers, plus the coaching, timeouts not being called, Spencer Long not being replaced for the bad snaps.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is true but it is a microcosm of the team.  A very simple fixable thing.  A guy we over paid for in FA and the rookie QB who already has 100 things to worry about has to worry about the snaps....on ..every....single.....play.

If darnold doesn’t chase that fumble and throw it out of bounds that could have been another td for the phins.  

1 minute ago, The Walrus said:

Agreed. I think the team's not so bad everywhere else except our OLine and Receivers, plus the coaching, timeouts not being called, Spencer Long not being replaced for the bad snaps.

Notice how nearly all the problems today were on the offense, from the center’s snaps to the inability to block to the wasted timeouts b/c they couldn’t get plays called on time to kearse not knowing where he was on the field.  The entire offense is disfunctional.