Jump to content

Gary Meyers yesterday on Jets


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

By making the same mistake that every overly conservative defense first head coach makes and limiting what he's allowed to do.  It is painfully obvious to me that their game plans are ultra conservative.  Bowles appears to be of the mindset that the best way to develop a QB is to limit the opportunities to make a mistake.  

Is that how you grow professionally in your job?  By not being allowed to expand past the basic parts of your job, even though you may be ready to do so?

The question shouldn't be what has he done to stunt it. It should be what has he done to help it?  If that answer is nothing, then by default he's stunted his growth by not providing the necessary tools to grow.

So you KNOW what the game plans are? And you know Darnold hasn't missed open WRs elsewhere? YOU know what Bates has been told and not? You KNOW the lack of offense the past couple of weeks is because of the HC?  It's all the result of the HC?

I get it. People don't like Bowles. But please stop making stuff up by blaming the big bad HC, while a rookie QB is going through the normal struggles of a QB making his 9th NFL start. And not to mention playing without their top 3 WRs and 1b RB the past two weeks

Where has it been reported anywhere Bates has been told to dial it back..

And please don't mention because the Jets want to run the ball and become more balanced...Sure, let's have Sam drop back and throw it every play. Let's see if he would then still be standing by December. Not to mention as an northeast team that plays their home games outside,

BTW..JMO but I think Sam has been great so far this season. Better than I thought at this stage. He doesn't appear to be overwhelmed and I've yet to see a deer in headlights look.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

So you KNOW what the game plans are? And you know Darnold hasn't missed open WRs elsewhere? YOU know what Bates has been told and not? You KNOW the lack of offense the past couple of weeks is because of the HC?  It's all the result of the HC?

I get it. People don't like Bowles. But please stop making stuff up by blaming the big bad HC, while a rookie QB is going through the normal struggles of a QB making his 9th NFL start. And not to mention playing without their top 3 WRs and 1b RB the past two weeks

Where has it been reported anywhere Bates has been told to dial it back..

And please don't mention because the Jets want to run the ball...Sure, let's have Sam drop back and throw it every play. Let's see if he would then still be standing by December.

BTW..JMO but I think Sam has been great so far this season. Better than I thought at this stage. He doesn't appear to be overwhelmed and I've yet to see a deer in headlights look.

 

 

This is my last response, because I just don't personally care enough to get into a pissing match with people.

But are you kidding me about knowing the game plan?  Can you not watch their games and come to that conclusion?  You don't have to have a deep level of understanding to know the Jets offensive game plans are very, very conservative. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, section314 said:

Was on the FAN with Jody Mac. Say what you want about Gary, he's seen it all and does have good sources. Main points. 1) really likes Darnold, but Jets have to get him away from Bowles to reach his potential. 2) 50-50 if Jets make changes at coach/gm at end of season, but adamant that Bowles will go before Mac does if they do make a change. 3) Mac is very close to Marrone, and if he got a chance to pick his coach, would be high on his list. Noted the irony how this was close to happening a few years back.

I really dont understand get keeping mac and letting him pick a coach. It's the worst case scenario probably 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is my last response, because I just don't personally care enough to get into a pissing match with people.

But are you kidding me about knowing the game plan?  Can you not watch their games and come to that conclusion?  You don't have to have a deep level of understanding to know the Jets offensive game plans are very, very conservative. 

got it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JiF said:

Todd Bowles just predicted the return of the run game in an era we are closer to flag/arena league style play than ever before the same year he took a QB 3rd overall.  

 

Not agreeing with Todd Bowles in any way but a team that can run the ball and play great defense will shut down most of these high powered offenses by simply controlling the football and the clock and playing elite defense. An elite defense with  great running game will always fair well in the NFL just not many teams built that way anymore and when we do see them pop up from time to time Like the Seahawks and the Jets of 09/10 they don't seem to last very long because that type of play takes it's toll physically on a football team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slats said:

I get it. I've been there, done that. I just think Mac is the bigger problem than Bowles, and that the Jetsy Jets are gonna give him more power by letting him hire a head coach who'll report to him. It's not a disaster that I see being mitigated. 

Yeah but it doesn’t matter that we agree. It’s what the Jets will most likely do. No sense fighting it. Might as well figure out how to make the most of it and not be as miserable. It sucks so much though. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, section314 said:

I know. Just thought it was interesting that his name popped up. However, If Jags keep up the free fall.......

If the Jags keep up the free fall and Marrone is out....why the hell would anyone including Mac want him to coach the Jets?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JiF said:

Todd Bowles just predicted the return of the run game in an era we are closer to flag/arena league style play than ever before the same year he took a QB 3rd overall.  

 

Um this isn't fair. The running game is going to return when global warming starts melting footballs that are thrown in the air. That is a FACT. The only way to not melt the ball is to keep it tucked against your body and out of the sunlight.

So blast Bowles all you want about being a bad coach that is fair. But the man knows global warming and the impact it has on the running game.

Before anyone runs with this: Bowles did not say anything about global warming lol.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

If the Jags get rid of Marrone then they would have decided it's on coaching.

First off I don’t believe the Jags get rid of Marrone. If they do they clean house including Coughlin. You are correct it’s on his coaching but also on how Coughlin has constructed the organization.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...