This Organization is Ruining Darnold

PS17

We’ve seen the serious flashes of brilliance. He’s got all the tools and the mental makeup.

But now we are seeing the happy feet. The over throws. 

Brandon Shell is a turnstile at right tackle. Long can’t do his most basic function and disrupts every other play with his atrocious snapping. Beyond Q we have no average players on offense, let alone good ones.

Maccagnan has failed miserably, and Bowles has been beyond negligent in refusing to bench Long until now.

If Mac and Bowles are not gone, I don’t see Sam progressing. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get Bowles out of here fast.  And he can take Bates with him.  They are stuck in the 20th century as far as offensive strategy goes.

I know Maccagnan has all this cap space, but I still think there are too many needs on offense to fill in just one offseason.  But a new, offensive-minded coach on the cutting edge would go a long way.

I have an issue with the staff they need to go. they continually put the kid into bad spots with poor players around him. They should be fired on this principal along. Leaving long in there all game is fire-able offense by Bowles. That in turn put Sam into a spot where he was forcing throws he should not have thrown.

If we had a say or control over this team, it would be one thing but we don’t. We are at the mercy of incompetence and I wish I could be less emotionally invested in a piece of sh*t that I have no control of. They do everything wrong and YES fans know better than regimes this bad. I don’t want to hear it from anyone that disagrees. 

4 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

career high 4 interceptions, how do you let this happen while paying $10m for a QB on the bench and trading a great back up plan for a low 3rd round pick - morons

to be accurate Chris Johnson is ruining Darnold - more contract extensions?

I hated this decision.   HATED IT. 

But dump Bowles... get an offensive mind in here... and Darnold will probably be just fine.

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

They need to start fresh with him next year, new team, new staff.

He lost this game with that pick 6.

How can he get into any kind of rhythm when he’s either being sacked or killed by bad snaps? He makes mistakes but it’s hard to play well when nothing else around you works. I think Kearse just ran out of bounds again. 

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

If we had a say or control over this team, it would be one thing but we don’t. We are at the mercy of incompetence and I wish I could be less emotionally invested in a piece of sh*t that I have no control of. They do everything wrong and YES fans know better than regimes this bad. I don’t want to hear it from anyone that disagrees. 

I am at the mercy of nothing. I have better sh*t to be doing on a Sunday. Darnold was the only reason I was interested this year, and I'm watching this haunted house of a franchise destroy him. If Bowles and/or Mac are here next year,  they lose a long time fan and I take my kids with me. LOL. Find a fun, high energy team without the stink of "Loser" on them... I haven't lived in NY in almost 30 years. Dont know why I still give a sh*t about the Jersey Jets.

Just now, nico002 said:

Happy feet over throws? You mean as he’s trying to juggle a bad snap and avoid rushers in his face before he can look up?

Yes, the whole premise of the thread is that he’s looked much better and is clearly a franchise quarterback, but with absolute garbage around him and bad coaching he is regressing hard.

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Happy feet over throws? You mean as he’s trying to juggle a bad snap and avoid rushers in his face before he can look up?

You're right. He played great today. No over throws or bad reads.....at all.

Why. It's not like Teddy would ever play. Imagi e the damage he would do to the team if he was still on the roster.

Trading Teddy was a smart move. Failing to develop Darnaold is the crown offense

I hated this decision.   HATED IT. 
But dump Bowles... get an offensive mind in here... and Darnold will probably be just fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, PS17 said:

We’ve seen the serious flashes of brilliance. He’s got all the tools and the mental makeup.

But now we are seeing the happy feet. The over throws. 

Brandon Shell is a turnstile at right tackle. Long can’t do his most basic function and disrupts every other play with his atrocious snapping. Beyond Q we have no average players on offense, let alone good ones.

Maccagnan has failed miserably, and Bowles has been beyond negligent in refusing to bench Long until now.

If Mac and Bowles are not gone, I don’t see Sam progressing. 

Mac is not to blame as much as the inept Bowles and brainless OC Bates. Keeping Long in at center was inexcuseable and when Buffalo beats the Jets next week I hope Johnson has has nutsack to can Bowles at the bye. At 3-7 this is a team that consistently beats itself and Bowles is unable to figure it out. Two delay of games plus two wasted timeouts. Jets won't win another game this year.

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

How can he get into any kind of rhythm when he’s either being sacked or killed by bad snaps? He makes mistakes but it’s hard to play well when nothing else around you works. I think Kearse just ran out of bounds again. 

This a team rife with mental mistakes that they continue to make again and again. If the Johnson bros can't see that Bowles is just in over his head they should sell the team and go back to selling band aids and aspirin.

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I am at the mercy of nothing. I have better sh*t to be doing on a Sunday. Darnold was the only reason I was interested this year, and I'm watching this haunted house of a franchise destroy him. If Bowles and/or Mac are here next year,  they lose a long time fan and I take my kids with me. LOL. Find a fun, high energy team without the stink of "Loser" on them... I haven't lived in NY in almost 30 years. Dont know why I still give a sh*t about the Jersey Jets.

Rooting for one team makes it impossible for me to root for another so it just ruins the sport for me. Like the knicks did with basketball. Since football is the only sport that I watch anymore, maybe I should just say F it. 

2 minutes ago, funaz said:

Why. It's not like Teddy would ever play. Imagi e the damage he would do to the team if he was still on the roster.

Trading Teddy was a smart move. Failing to develop Darnaold is the crown offense

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No.  Trading a backup plan for a franchise QB... something the Jets haven't had in almost 50 years... for a lousy 3rd round pick is bordering on lunacy.

Archived