Bowles getting crushed by Bart.

johnnyjet

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

So who do we put as HC if we fire TB this week? Do we promote Caldwell as interim head coach? I think I would keep Bates as OC for the duration of the season. Kind of hard to can the coordinators mid season. Although Cleveland did just that last week. 

Make the hot dog vendor the coach at this point. It doesn't matter as long as Bowles is gone. Although, I don't think he's fired in season regardless of what happens and I don't think he gets fired at all since he agreed to start Darnold.

16 minutes ago, PS17 said:

This couldn’t have been mentioned in your fire Bowles thread from four minutes ago?

The entire board could be covered with "Fire Bowles" threads... and I wouldn't say one word.  

As far as I am concerned... the only two things relevant right now are firing Bowles, and making sure Spencer Long never again endangers Darnold by snapping the ball as a NY Jet.

2 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

It doesn’t matter, anyone is better. 

don't let emotion get the best of you. Bowles should be replaced, but the replacement is important. Bowles gets to finish the season. New coach next season. Doing otherwise is just unnecessarily screwing with Sam's development.

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Make the hot dog vendor the coach at this point. It doesn't matter as long as Bowles is gone. Although, I don't think he's fired in season regardless of what happens and I don't think he gets fired at all since he agreed to start Darnold.

But it's not only about Darnold's play. His coaching is subpar. It's pretty obvious by now. He also decided to fire Morton who is a better coordinator than Bates. Maybe that's not enough to fire him in coach. But why have a lame duck coach?

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

don't let emotion get the best of you. Bowles should be replaced, but the replacement is important. Bowles gets to finish the season. New coach next season. Doing otherwise is just unnecessarily screwing with Sam's development.

Bowles' presence is screwing with Darnold... and every other young player on the team.

I see you've finally come around Sonny.

One thing I agree with Bart on is Long should not be playing at center. If the Jets think he is a good blocker he can fill in at guard to make a contribution. But he was a big factor and hurt the offense and threw Sam off on a number of plays. btw Bowles was hard to listen to at his presser.  Always the same answers.  He didn't have to rip Spencer Long. The guy has an injured finger. It was on the coaching staff to remove him from the game earlier. And then when they did take him out Bowles was asked if for performance and he said no. Come on, man.

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I would fire Bowles today and get a protection order on Sam’s behalf. 

And Bowles and his staff are elevating his development? Send a message to the team and the fans change is going to happen.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I see you've finally come around Sonny.

I like Bowles, but it seems apparent now that as a HC he does not get the most out of his players and he does not have a very good eye for assistant coach talent. I'm hoping the Ravens fire John Harbaugh so the Jets can hire him.

BTW Mac has to go too.

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I would definitely take Bart as a LB coach or DC next year. Anytime I see him on TV he's breaking down footage on a completely different level than everyone else.

Yeah cause all the guys who can break down a play on video after it is over always make great coaches.

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I like Bowles, but it seems apparent now that as a HC he does not get the most out of his players and he does not have a very good eye for assistant coach talent. I'm hoping the Ravens fire John Harbaugh so the Jets can hire him.

BTW Mac has to go too.

I remember you being a huge Bowles supporter and the two of us having some nice arguments about our difference of opinions. I'm glad you now see that this man is not a HC in this league and todays game highlighted why I've always hated him. He's at the brink of losing his team for the third year in a row and that is after we jettisoned all of the so called malcontents.

I don't remember your stance on Mac but I'm sure you remember how much I would tear into him. He has been absolutely brutal as a GM.

It's time to hit the reset button yet again. It's unfortunate but it has to be done before we ruin Darnold forever. I just hope and pray we get it right this time and have a great tandem here for the next decade plus.

17 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

How so? And how does an in season change at HC not have an equally bad effect?

They play a brand of undisciplined, mistake-prone, emotionless, gutless football.  A reflection of their head coach.

This team is devoid of talent, but how much so?  Really?  Bowles is the worst coach since Kotite.   Almost everyone can agree on that.

Parcells took a 1-15 Kotite team, made a couple of tweaks... and voila... 9-7.

I think Bowles is heavily responsible for some of the young players not getting better.

As for some of these "flat" games?  The inconsistency?  Look at him on the sidelines?  What the hell can we expect from the players?

I don't know if an in-season change makes it better.  But how much worse can it get?  The Browns gave a decent effort at Arrowhead today despite a loss...

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

BTW Mac has to go too.

Or Mike McCarthy if GB fires him.

58 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

They play a brand of undisciplined, mistake-prone, emotionless, gutless football.  A reflection of their head coach.

This team is devoid of talent, but how much so?  Really?  Bowles is the worst coach since Kotite.   Almost everyone can agree on that.

Parcells took a 1-15 Kotite team, made a couple of tweaks... and voila... 9-7.

I think Bowles is heavily responsible for some of the young players not getting better.

As for some of these "flat" games?  The inconsistency?  Look at him on the sidelines?  What the hell can we expect from the players?

I don't know if an in-season change makes it better.  But how much worse can it get?  The Browns gave a decent effort at Arrowhead today despite a loss...

I wouldn't go as far to say that about Bowles about young players. Remember Herm benefited off Percell's players, Rex benefited off Mangini's players, and Bowels 10-6 rookie season benefited off the remaining Mangini players and free-agents.   

22 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Bowles has to needs a ladder to kiss Rex's ass. They aren't in the same league.

1. Not my point, point is Vart is extra-spicy because of loyalty (I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, just pointing it out for entertainment purposes, Rex’s grudge playing out while Bowles flounders is juicy stuff).

2. How quickly we forget. They both suck.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

So who do we put as HC if we fire TB this week? Do we promote Caldwell as interim head coach? I think I would keep Bates as OC for the duration of the season. Kind of hard to can the coordinators mid season. Although Cleveland did just that last week. 

He’s not getting fired this week.....

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

One thing I agree with Bart on is Long should not be playing at center. If the Jets think he is a good blocker he can fill in at guard to make a contribution. But he was a big factor and hurt the offense and threw Sam off on a number of plays. btw Bowles was hard to listen to at his presser.  Always the same answers.  He did't have to rip Spencer Long. The guy has an injured finger. It was on the coaching staff to remove him from the game earlier. And then when they did take him out Bowles was asked if for performance and he said no. Come on, man.

True Dat !

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

That’s why I said If. I’m curious what people would do IF we fire Bowles now. It’s a scenario question.

Ok. If you want to play the hypothetical game be my guest....

All I know is I hope the Johnsons are paying attention. Even if Mac stays it’s clear this coaching staff will ruin whatever potential Darnold has. Change is needed 

Archived