After 50 years I’m losing interest in this franchise.

johnnyjet

49 minutes ago, section314 said:

Peyton Manning threw 28 INT's his rookie year, I believe.

And Aikman was 7/18.

Is there a recent example of a QB overcoming this many INT's in his rookie season (and we're only half way done)?  I dont think there is and that's kind of scary.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

agreed on this.  And we got another one.  INT machine.

Interceptiphobia! Omg CLASSIC! I could here Lucy saying this during her outburst in Charlie Brown Christmas. 

Websters dictionary: Interceptiphobia..an innate fear of 3rd & long created by Jet fans during the span of 2009-2018. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Interceptiphobia! Omg CLASSIC! I could here Lucy saying this during her outburst in Charlie Brown Christmas. 

Websters dictionary: Interceptiphobia..an innate fear of 3rd & long created by Jet fans during the span of 2009-2018. 

I'd love to see where our starting field position and average 3rd and distance is compared to the league.  If it's not dead last, I'd be shocked.

39 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Had two outright dropped yesterday as well. I've been fairly critical of Darnold to date, but maintained he looked at least baseline level competent. Yesterday was Geno/Sanchez worst game bad you're going to ruin the locker room bad.

Agreed.  Almost 6.

I have been on the Sam Bandwagon since day 1...no questions asked.  But yesterday was "Entering Genoville"--it was really, really bad.

51 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's reeling right now.  He's never played Football this bad in his life.  Everything we hear about him, he's capable of handling the adversity.  I'm honestly not worried about Sam, well, that's not true.  I'm worried that he's in the worst situation in Football with a franchise that doesnt know how to make it better. 

the problem with this perspective is it puts winning at the top of the priority list

The Jets are the 8th most valuable franchise in the NFL

"worst situation in football" for Woody Johnson it's the best. They pay less and print money. These winning teams actually pay for coaches and wide receivers, maybe they are the suckers. there are 31 losers and 1 winner every year, the Jets' ownership go into it knowing they are among the 31 losers and pull the copper out of the building, roster-wise.  They aren't building a program they are keeping the lights on until Tom Brady retires or Halley's comet returns, whichever comes first. 

Ive been a season ticket holder is 99... and I too feel this way. It just isnt fun. Going to games used to be the most fun thing ever. Going to the new stadium is a choir. The place sucks the life out of you. Its a terrible experience in every way.... and when the product on the field is just a disaster...

Ill keep going, but as a new dad and my time becoming less my own, i am not sure how much longer I can make it a priority

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'd love to see where our starting field position and average 3rd and distance is compared to the league.  If it's not dead last, I'd be shocked.

It's so TRUE, I was dying laughing over the term. It's like, 1st & 10, Crowell up the middle for no gain, 2nd & 10, Crowell off right guard for 1 yard...flag. Holding NY Jets. 2nd & 20, Crowell off left guard for 3 yards. 3rd & 17, every Jet fan across the country either holding their breath or watching through their fingers as the opposing team tees off on our 21 year old redhead who's questioning why he would ever leave USC early to subject himself to the offhand chance the Browns wouldn't pick him & he could fall to the Jets. 

That beaming smile as he took the selfie at the draft with that crowd of smiling Jet fans & 6 months later all of the smiles replaced by anger, frustration, fans wanting their coach castrated, lol. Let me announce the 1st series vs the Bills game Sunday. Bowles defers & the Bills take the 45 MPH wind behind their back for the 2nd & 4th quarter. Jets kick off & it comes down to the 3 yard line. Now most teams would fly down & pin the opposing team inside the 15. Bills run it out to the 32. Bills move the ball JUST ENOUGH to flip field position & punt the ball inside the 5 where instead of letting the ball go into the endzone we fair catch.

1st & 10 from our own 5 yard line....false start..Brian Winters...half the goal to the 2 & 1/2. 1st & 12 & 1/2,  Crowell up the middle for a loss of 1. 2nd & 12 & 1/2, clock winding down, delay of game. Ball moves to the 1 & 1/4 line, 2nd & 13 & 3/4, Crowell off RG for 3. 3rd & 10 3/4, Long snaps the ball to Crowell who set up 2 yards to Darnolds left. Crowell barrels out for a 1st down and everyone is like, holy sh*t, they finally put a twist in the play calling. In the huddle Long apologizes to Sam for the bad snap & they all have a good laugh for the 1st time 3 games. 

Jets 3 Bills 0. 

6 hours ago, Lith said:

.......For now, 7 more weeks to this season and hopefully some real change......  

Looking forward for the season to end is pathetic.  We wait what seems like forever for the next season to start and this is what we get....this crap....  I'm with the OP.  I'm ready to give up on this organization.  I actually feel sorry for the players having to go out there week after week while enduring this organizations dysfunction.  

What other team has a center who can't snap to ball?  Not his fault he's hurt.....HC's fault he's active and GM's fault that plan "B" sux.  All Mac's plan "B's" seem suky.  Geesh what a franchise.       

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the problem with this perspective is it puts winning at the top of the priority list

The Jets are the 8th most valuable franchise in the NFL

"worst situation in football" for Woody Johnson it's the best. They pay less and print money. These winning teams actually pay for coaches and wide receivers, maybe they are the suckers. there are 31 losers and 1 winner every year, the Jets' ownership go into it knowing they are among the 31 losers and pull the copper out of the building, roster-wise.  They aren't building a program they are keeping the lights on until Tom Brady retires or Halley's comet returns, whichever comes first. 

Totally.  I'm surprised they even pay their players and dont just take volunteers. 

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Jets broke me as a human being somewhere about 4 years ago

they aren't trying to win they are just taking everyone's money and keeping the lights on 

woody doesn't care in fact he might move the team to London that's how little he cares.  

Here's my advice, drive to Borgata, place money on the other team every week (unless they play the Bills) and you at least will have something to console yourself with from an entertainment perspective

Hoping for the Jets to win games or a championship is a fool's errand. 

Woody Johnson does care, but he cares about being the center of attention at Knicks games or when he's waking through the parking lot.It's a rich guy's plaything. But either he doesn't have the money to hire a serious club president like Cowher to run the whole show. Of he's too stupid to realize he is the impediment who is holding back this franchise.

Look at the Eagles or the Pats; the owners might not even like the guys the have running the show, but they're smart enough to take a giant step back. When we have here is a spoiled lucky sperm club jerkoff that's Jerry Jones wanabee  with manners but not as  much money.

18 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Looking forward for the season to end is pathetic.  We wait what seems like forever for the next season to start and this is what we get....this crap....  I'm with the OP.  I'm ready to give up on this organization.  I actually feel sorry for the players having to go out there week after week while enduring this organizations dysfunction.  

What other team has a center who can't snap to ball?  Not his fault he's hurt.....HC's fault he's active and GM's fault that plan "B" sux.  All Mac's plan "B's" seem suky.  Geesh what a franchise.       

Mac and Bowles parents should have used Plan B. 

20 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Just wait until we move to London. This is going to happen. Those on the inside know Woody is eventually moving this team to London. 

Are you sure about this?  I mean... is this real.   Just so you know, I never discount a fan that claims to have inside info...

Mainly because I was sort of blown off even though I saw with my own eyes why Santonio Holmes was benched to start the 2010 AFCCG.  I told the story and I got mostly a "meh."  And my friend's inside info called the Portis for Champ trade way before it happened too.  WAY BEFORE... like months...

57 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Just wait until we move to London. This is going to happen. Those on the inside know Woody is eventually moving this team to London. 

I will be done with the NY Jets if this happens I said this years ago this is something I can see Woody Johnson doing a whole new fan base and market to capitalize on.

I will burn everything in my house NY Jets related. 

8 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

At the beginning of the year I had hope.  Hope because we had Sam. I’m losing hope now because of Bowles and company. Without there is only despair and that’s where this franchise it headed once again.... the patriots will win their ,seems like 100th afc east crown and we still have no answers.  Ownership sucks.  Our coach has overstayed his welcome and it seems  we are going to destroy a promising young QB by not giving him any support. We never do anything right. While we have had a little success we never finish the job, from parcels, to Edwards, to Mangini, to Farve, to Fitz, the story is always the same in the end.  We don’t even play in our own stadium. 

Next year we change uniforms, probably coaches once again and have a new slew of players. But I still do not see anyway we compete with the likes of Brady, Mahomes, Rothlisberger, brees etc. Since 2012 we have 14 games, 14 GAMES! Where we have not scored a touchdown of any kind. Our franchise is a perrinial loser. The culture needs to change and how does that happen.  I for one have no answers. I’ll never give up but I’m losing interest. 

I've been a Jet fan for 59 years since the beginning and a season ticket holder for 37 years and am totally fed up with the owner, front office GM,and HC! Our only hope is Woody sells the team ASAP and we get an owner who really cares and wants to win and will do whatever it takes to make us a quality NFL franchise that is competitive most years! A SB win would be nice every now and then. Right now this franchise is on it's everlasting journey to no where.

Ok, 1st of all, thank you to all of you that responded. It’s comforting to know that there are as many dedicated miserable lifers like me. That being said my hope this year was for Bowles to be competent.  Not great, but competent in developing a QB.  Yesterday he lost me for good.  The Spencer Long debacle followed up by his presser. So once again we go on a search for a coach.  The viscous cycle of rinse repeat continues.  I will never give up on this team but I have a feeling when and if they ever win a Super Bowl I will die in my seat from alcohol poisoning. It’s good to know I’ll have about 40000 others by my side. 

3 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Ok, 1st of all, thank you to all of you that responded. It’s comforting to know that there are as many dedicated miserable lifers like me. That being said my hope this year was for Bowles to be competent.  Not great, but competent in developing a QB.  Yesterday he lost me for good.  The Spencer Long debacle followed up by his presser. So once again we go on a search for a coach.  The viscous cycle of rinse repeat continues.  I will never give up on this team but I have a feeling when and if they ever win a Super Bowl I will die in my seat from alcohol poisoning. It’s good to know I’ll have about 40000 others by my side. 

The night they win the AFC Championship I will drop dead from excitement and never see the Super Bowl lucky for me I have some memories from when they won it back in 1969. I was 6 my dad God rest his soul was a Jets fan as well. Our day is coming I just hope guys like you and me see it. 

We’re all fans here, but i think we can all agree that the Jets are a boring, bad product to watch. I watch because of Sam and i think Enunwa is an exciting player when healthy. But while I was obsessed with everything Jets ten years ago, it’s just boring watching the same product year after year. They suck at drafting and make a game of skill look like it’s the hardest thing in the world to string two successful plays together. 

11 hours ago, shawn306 said:

The Jets are very close to becoming the Knicks. No matter what they do it blows up in their face.

The NFL as a whole is becoming about as unwatchable as the NBA with all the changes they have made to improve scoring. Basically playing defense in either league is like asking a one-legged man to win an ass kicking contest. You got guys letting up up there so as not to get a flag and that is how you get hurt.  

I know alot of what the NFL has done is for quote "Player Safety" unquote, but this has become a joke. I basically now watch the Jets and maybe some of the Sunday night game depending on who is playing.

I'm sorry but that is they way I feel. I don't want to see it go back to the 70's where guys were play on basically cement and running the football 80 percent of the time but what we are seeing now is way to extreme the other way, in the name of generating more points for the fantasy football geeks who on their phones 24-7 or watching redzone all day.

You hit the nail on the head.

Defense is outlawed

I can never give up. To much time and heartache put in. I did not expect anything amazing this season and so far so good there. But I really thought we had a great chance and for the 1st time this year I wanted to throw something thru my TV.  Already decided next Sunday will take the wife out and just not care. Pretty sure we will win and if we don’t so be it. Woolly be back for the New England game.

Archived