Sign in to follow this  
johnnyjet

After 50 years I’m losing interest in this franchise.

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

At the beginning of the year I had hope.  Hope because we had Sam. I’m losing hope now because of Bowles and company. Without there is only despair and that’s where this franchise it headed once again.... the patriots will win their ,seems like 100th afc east crown and we still have no answers.  Ownership sucks.  Our coach has overstayed his welcome and it seems  we are going to destroy a promising young QB by not giving him any support. We never do anything right. While we have had a little success we never finish the job, from parcels, to Edwards, to Mangini, to Farve, to Fitz, the story is always the same in the end.  We don’t even play in our own stadium. 

Next year we change uniforms, probably coaches once again and have a new slew of players. But I still do not see anyway we compete with the likes of Brady, Mahomes, Rothlisberger, brees etc. Since 2012 we have 14 games, 14 GAMES! Where we have not scored a touchdown of any kind. Our franchise is a perrinial loser. The culture needs to change and how does that happen.  I for one have no answers. I’ll never give up but I’m losing interest. 

I've been a Jet fan for 59 years since the beginning and a season ticket holder for 37 years and am totally fed up with the owner, front office GM,and HC! Our only hope is Woody sells the team ASAP and we get an owner who really cares and wants to win and will do whatever it takes to make us a quality NFL franchise that is competitive most years! A SB win would be nice every now and then. Right now this franchise is on it's everlasting journey to no where.

Ok, 1st of all, thank you to all of you that responded. It’s comforting to know that there are as many dedicated miserable lifers like me. That being said my hope this year was for Bowles to be competent.  Not great, but competent in developing a QB.  Yesterday he lost me for good.  The Spencer Long debacle followed up by his presser. So once again we go on a search for a coach.  The viscous cycle of rinse repeat continues.  I will never give up on this team but I have a feeling when and if they ever win a Super Bowl I will die in my seat from alcohol poisoning. It’s good to know I’ll have about 40000 others by my side. 

3 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Ok, 1st of all, thank you to all of you that responded. It’s comforting to know that there are as many dedicated miserable lifers like me. That being said my hope this year was for Bowles to be competent.  Not great, but competent in developing a QB.  Yesterday he lost me for good.  The Spencer Long debacle followed up by his presser. So once again we go on a search for a coach.  The viscous cycle of rinse repeat continues.  I will never give up on this team but I have a feeling when and if they ever win a Super Bowl I will die in my seat from alcohol poisoning. It’s good to know I’ll have about 40000 others by my side. 

The night they win the AFC Championship I will drop dead from excitement and never see the Super Bowl lucky for me I have some memories from when they won it back in 1969. I was 6 my dad God rest his soul was a Jets fan as well. Our day is coming I just hope guys like you and me see it. 

We’re all fans here, but i think we can all agree that the Jets are a boring, bad product to watch. I watch because of Sam and i think Enunwa is an exciting player when healthy. But while I was obsessed with everything Jets ten years ago, it’s just boring watching the same product year after year. They suck at drafting and make a game of skill look like it’s the hardest thing in the world to string two successful plays together. 

11 hours ago, shawn306 said:

The Jets are very close to becoming the Knicks. No matter what they do it blows up in their face.

The NFL as a whole is becoming about as unwatchable as the NBA with all the changes they have made to improve scoring. Basically playing defense in either league is like asking a one-legged man to win an ass kicking contest. You got guys letting up up there so as not to get a flag and that is how you get hurt.  

I know alot of what the NFL has done is for quote "Player Safety" unquote, but this has become a joke. I basically now watch the Jets and maybe some of the Sunday night game depending on who is playing.

I'm sorry but that is they way I feel. I don't want to see it go back to the 70's where guys were play on basically cement and running the football 80 percent of the time but what we are seeing now is way to extreme the other way, in the name of generating more points for the fantasy football geeks who on their phones 24-7 or watching redzone all day.

You hit the nail on the head.

Defense is outlawed

I can never give up. To much time and heartache put in. I did not expect anything amazing this season and so far so good there. But I really thought we had a great chance and for the 1st time this year I wanted to throw something thru my TV.  Already decided next Sunday will take the wife out and just not care. Pretty sure we will win and if we don’t so be it. Woolly be back for the New England game.