Maybe Golden Tate knew what he was talking about

nico002

On 11/5/2018 at 1:42 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Wrong, Bowles fired Morton who did Better 

with a less talented O than this yr’s team. Bowles fired him because he “ passed too much “ he knew Bates would be his yes boy, and by firing Morton bet he would do better, which he obviously lost, and now will lose his job for his cluelessness about how to run a O..

The Jets scored less than 19 ppg last season.  They are scoring 22 ppg right now.  Yes, some were defense/ST, but let's not act like Morton was a stud.  Bates is no yes man and he got dumped for passing too much with Seattle. 

21 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

We did that Mr. Tate. Their names are Chan Gailey and John Morton. And guess what? We've gotten worse the more we've changed coordinators. Our best season was Chan Gailey's first season. We've been crap ever since. I doubt firing Jeremy Bates will make a significant upgrade when Bowles cant even figure out when to replace an injured Center.

Maybe you should just go play wide receiver. 

Again, and this time with feeling. Tate is not defending Bowles. He doesn't like Bates.

On 11/5/2018 at 2:19 PM, joewilly12 said:

Jeremy Bates has been exposed for the bum he truly is. A decent OC improvises in some way to make up for the lack of better WR's on this team. 

Darnold is set up to fail with Bowles and Bates. 

it's shocking that a dude who was living in the woods a few short years ago wouldn't be a good OC. Shocking. 

On 11/5/2018 at 1:13 PM, Jetster said:

Another idiot defending Bowles. Todd Bowles hired & fired all of his OCs. The passes this guy has gotten are ridiculous now.

Some guys are better off as coordinators or position coaches, instead of head coaches. Bowles is one of those people. He's a solid defensive coach, but he's in way over his head as a head coach.

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Jets scored less than 19 ppg last season.  They are scoring 22 ppg right now.  Yes, some were defense/ST, but let's not act like Morton was a stud.  Bates is no yes man and he got dumped for passing too much with Seattle. 

Lol very weak arguments. First we have put up points only on jag teams. We have had a very easy schedule first half. Get back to me after the season to compare.. We were in playoff contention this time last yr, our qb was throwing twice as many tds as Picks, qbr of nearly 100.. this was a career journeyman jag all of a sudden playing very well under Morton.. we didn’t have Crowell, Quincy either.. our line was worse.. i don’t even want to look at darnold’s Stats.. I’m not saying Morton was great, I’m just saying he was much better than JB, with less to work with.. Bowles bet on Jb being better, his judgement about a offensive decision wrong again obviously.. JB I’m sure knew Morton was being canned for not listening to bowles about passing too much, I’m sure he promised Bowles he would be a good soldier unlike Morton and listen to bowles offensive wisdom ?

I've said all along firing Morton after having an unexpectedly decent offense (with arguably the best vertical passing game I've ever seen the Jets have) was a bizarre decision that made zero sense.

Look at Robby last year and look at him this year. Part of it is rookie growing pains but we got the most out of our offensive talent last year. We actually have better talent this year (Crowell, Enunwa, Long, and Herdnon are all better than the guys they replaced) and look decidedly worse.

Getting shockingly good play out of mediocre journeyman QBs has been the best part of the Bowles era yet he fired two offensive coordinators and replaces the last one with a guy who was out of football for half a decade growing a mountain man beard away from civilization.

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I've said all along firing Morton after having an unexpectedly decent offense (with arguably the best vertical passing game I've ever seen the Jets have) was a bizarre decision that made zero sense.

Look at Robby last year and look at him this year. Part of it is rookie growing pains but we got the most out of our offensive talent last year. We actually have better talent this year (Crowell, Enunwa, Long, and Herdnon are all better than the guys they replaced) and look decidedly worse.

Getting shockingly good play out of mediocre journeyman QBs has been the best part of the Bowles era yet he fired two offensive coordinators and replaces the last one with a guy who was out of football for half a decade growing a mountain man beard away from civilization.

Last year we had over-production from a talent-starved offense, and under-production from a talent-rich defense.

So we fired the OC and kept the DC. Obviously.

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol very weak arguments. First we have put up points only on jag teams. We have had a very easy schedule first half. Get back to me after the season to compare.. We were in playoff contention this time last yr, our qb was throwing twice as many tds as Picks, qbr of nearly 100.. this was a career journeyman jag all of a sudden playing very well under Morton.. we didn’t have Crowell, Quincy either.. our line was worse.. i don’t even want to look at darnold’s Stats.. I’m not saying Morton was great, I’m just saying he was much better than JB, with less to work with.. Bowles bet on Jb being better, his judgement about a offensive decision wrong again obviously.. JB I’m sure knew Morton was being canned for not listening to bowles about passing too much, I’m sure he promised Bowles he would be a good soldier unlike Morton and listen to bowles offensive wisdom ?

The truth is weak?  The Jets big upgrade on O this offseason was at C with Long. How did that work out? They switched to a rookie QB, which limits what you can do and Enunwa, Anderson, Crowell, Powell, Pryor, Kearse, etc have been hurt. 

33 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I’m shocked Todd Bowles was so horribly wrong about an offensive decision?

He is rex Ryan squared  but only worse. Only a D guru moron would hire a “ run game coordinator” but not a qb coach for a 21 yr old rookie, or to help out the new OC who is 1 year removed from living in the woods past few years ?‍♂️

23 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The truth is weak?  The Jets big upgrade on O this offseason was at C with Long. How did that work out? They switched to a rookie QB, which limits what you can do and Enunwa, Anderson, Crowell, Powell, Pryor, Kearse, etc have been hurt. 

Lol! Yes I agree there is a lot of limits on what you can do with a ny jets offense, Morton somehow did it.. JB is failing miserably.. No one besides Bowles is surprised though. The guy was hunting elk in the woods before taking job as qb coach for a qb who is basically a qb coach himself.. obviously moving to OC was a big jump for him.. Morton found creative ways to get the ball to Anderson, when defenses knew he was the ONLY legit weapon we had..JB has zero creativity.. Enunwa is a beast, imagine if we had him last yr. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol! Yes I agree there is a lot of limits on what you can do with a ny jets offense, Morton somehow did it.. JB is failing miserably.. No one besides Bowles is surprised though. The guy was hunting elk in the woods before taking job as qb coach for a qb who is basically a qb coach himself.. obviously moving to OC was a big jump for him.. Morton found creative ways to get the ball to Anderson, when defenses knew he was the ONLY legit weapon we had..JB has zero creativity.. Enunwa is a beast, imagine if we had him last yr. 

Enunwa is a beast.  He also missed the Viking and Bear games and got a whopping 4 targets Sunday.  Think that might contribute to the issues? 

32 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Enunwa is a beast.  He also missed the Viking and Bear games and got a whopping 4 targets Sunday.  Think that might contribute to the issues? 

Exactly my point. JB is failing miserably in finding ways to get the ball in the hands of his now 2 big weapons.. Last yr  we only had one good weapon and still found ways to get Robbie the ball when it must not have been easy when everyone and their mother knew jets wanted to get the ball to.. now we have 2 of those guys, and why is it either of them are not getting the ball ?? it can’t be all on darnold.. it is OCord’s job to found creative ways to utilize your biggest strengths.. JB is not doing that.. is he that bad? Or is bowles really keeping him from opening up the offense ? We have seen darnold make the throws, he is not being guided right. I guess we can’t be surprised, no qb coach, the OC is rusty after a long leave, and never had great rep anyway, and we have a HC who does more harm than good for the offense..

If I remember correctly, Morton was fired because his personality clashed with Bowles and possibly others in the locker room. It had nothing to do with "passing too much." In fact, an internal promotion for Bates points to Bowles being content with the system in place last year.

I criticized the hire of Bates when it happened, and nothing I've seen has changed my opinion. The west coast offense is an outdated concept that is destined to fail in today's NFL. The sooner we fire Bates and hire someone with a more modern approach to offense, the better.

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Exactly my point. JB is failing miserably in finding ways to get the ball in the hands of his now 2 big weapons.. Last yr  we only had one good weapon and still found ways to get Robbie the ball when it must not have been easy when everyone and their mother knew jets wanted to get the ball to.. now we have 2 of those guys, and why is it either of them are not getting the ball ?? it can’t be all on darnold.. it is OCord’s job to found creative ways to utilize your biggest strengths.. JB is not doing that.. is he that bad? Or is bowles really keeping him from opening up the offense ? We have seen darnold make the throws, he is not being guided right. I guess we can’t be surprised, no qb coach, the OC is rusty after a long leave, and never had great rep anyway, and we have a HC who does more harm than good for the offense..

Look.  I'm not giving Bates any awards, but it is not exactly your point.  Enunwa has gotten 47 targets this season.  Only 10 have come over the last 5 games.  That is not because Bates isn't trying to get him the ball.  It is because Enunwa has been hurt.  Long has been hurt since at least the Vikings game, maybe earlier.  His inability to snap is probably the single biggest problem with the O.

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

Last year we had over-production from a talent-starved offense, and under-production from a talent-rich defense.

So we fired the OC and kept the DC. Obviously.

McCown is better than rookie Darnold. Josh saved Bowles job last year.

9 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

If I were Bowles, I’d fire Bates immediately and let the next man up take a shot at the offense. No idea who that is? Hell, have McCown call the plays. 

You know you’re gonna be fired, might as well go down trying. 

That's like asking Bowles to go for it on 4th and long - you know you're gonna lose, might as well go down trying.

Bowles being Bowles will punt and hope for a miracle.

Archived