F the D

nico002

Get the f out with this "great defensive" effort bullsh*t

You played Brock 

He bailed you out with huge misses on WIDE OPEN deep balls 

Defense was choking the game away until a BS hold in the redzone pushed miami back after a big run

Where was the vaunted D against the Jags? Browns? Vikings? Dolphins week 2? Did they apologize to the offense for those performances? 

• Upvote 8
  • Thumb Down 9
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

To clarify, you just wanted to point out that our defense, as well as our offense is not good at football? Frankly after half a season of football I’m surprised this is still, well,  surprise. This team was abysmal last year, no great pieces really added.

Just like the Giants and  all the other truly horrible teams that were terrible bc of lack of overall talent and not losing a Rodgers or a Brady, they stay horrible barring a rookie elevating the team. This is on the franchise mishandling the draft and talent procurement for the better part of a decade. 

• Upvote 1

The tendency for upset board members to exaggerate is remarkable. We're ranked 14th in the league in defense. Considering we don't have a impact pass rusher, and their on the field more than they should be. That's not bad.http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2018&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, genot said:

The tendency for upset board members to exaggerate is remarkable. We're ranked 14th in the league in defense. Considering we don't have a impact pass rusher, and their on the field more than they should be. That's not bad.http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2018&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Don't let that opening game in Detroit skew the defensive numbers. They let Mayfield toy with them & after Darnold gave the Jets the lead again they let the Browns go right down the field & retake the lead. They lost to Tannyhill at home, made Bortles look like Aaron Rogers, another blown assignment in the 1st quarter vs the Bears with Cohen & Trubisky outrushed our RBs. 

Our offense has a lot of excuses, our defense & Todd Bowles? Nope.

• Upvote 4

I was thinking this thread was going to go a different route. I was ready to join in if it went more like “f investing in the D. This is an offensive league we need to try to build a team that can outscore the other team.”

The Jets always hire these D guys. It’s BS. Go offense. Get fast players. 

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, the defense allowed 168 total yards and 6 points in an era of unprecedented offensive success. We lost the game because our rookie QB threw 4 picks including a pick six that was the deciding score in the game.

If you're blaming the defense you are completely and utterly clueless.

No one is blaming the defense, I think the point is that the defense shouldn't act like they just shut down there Steelers. 

Many times this year we've needed big stops against good teams and got thrashed. 

Blake bortles who is inching closer to a career outside of football destroyed this same defense. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, the defense allowed 168 total yards and 6 points in an era of unprecedented offensive success. We lost the game because our rookie QB threw 4 picks including a pick six that was the deciding score in the game.

If you're blaming the defense you are completely and utterly clueless.

I think you might have cracked this case Inspector Holmes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, genot said:

See where they are after Rogers and 2X Brady have at them