2-11!

Jetster

Todd Bowles road record 2017- 9 games in 2018....

Holy sh*t! He's beaten the Browns by 3 points after Kiser got hurt, lol. And we won opener in Detroit before Patricia could figure out what to expect from Darnold & our defense. 

Heres a question for Jet fans. If the Jets were going to Detroit next week now that Patricia has film from 9 games would you bet your paycheck on the Jets in a rematch? 

Would you be comfortable betting your paycheck vs the Bills at Orchard Park later this year?

That may be the only other road win for Bowles in 2 years. Just imagine, 2 years, 3 road wins, beat a 0-16 Browns, and so far the 3-5 Lions. Does it really get any worse than that? It will, you watch if you can stomach it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Please Kirk cousins has 2 fewer turnovers than darnold. 3 of Darnolds picks have come on desperation heaves at end of games.... 

When you’re down 1 score on the last possession an interception is not a desperation heave.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

When you’re down 1 score on the last possession an interception is not a desperation heave.

Less than a minute in your own field with not time outs is desperation heave.

4th and long with no one open is a desperation heave.

if you can’t throw the ball away or dump it down it’s desperation time.

I’m on record as favoring HC change but let’s stop the hysterics. The NFL is a week to week league, the Jets are going to win a few games from now till the end of the season. Anderson and Enunwa will get healthier as will Trumaine Johnson. Darnold is a learning yet capable QB. 

32 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Holy sh*t! He's beaten the Browns by 3 points after Kiser got hurt, lol. And we won opener in Detroit before Patricia could figure out what to expect from Darnold & our defense. 

Heres a question for Jet fans. If the Jets were going to Detroit next week now that Patricia has film from 9 games would you bet your paycheck on the Jets in a rematch? 

Would you be comfortable betting your paycheck vs the Bills at Orchard Park later this year?

That may be the only other road win for Bowles in 2 years. Just imagine, 2 years, 3 road wins, beat a 0-16 Browns, and so far the 3-5 Lions. Does it really get any worse than that? It will, you watch if you can stomach it.

Why yes . By all means ;-)

28 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I’m on record as favoring HC change but let’s stop the hysterics. The NFL is a week to week league, the Jets are going to win a few games from now till the end of the season. Anderson and Enunwa will get healthier as will Trumaine Johnson. Darnold is a learning yet capable QB. 

Hysterics? They've beaten the 0-16 Browns & the 3-5 Lions on the road & lost 11! Adam Gase has OWNED Bowles, beating him twice with a back up QB! Once last year with Moore & Sunday with Osweiller.

Hysterics? The guy has been here 4 years!

53 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Please Kirk cousins has 2 fewer turnovers than darnold. 3 of Darnolds picks have come on desperation heaves at end of games.... 

And most of Sam’s int’s have been a result of big meanies in his face. No QB is going to succeed without pocket protection. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Which Jets am I getting ?

The team that looked putrid against Miami or the team that played the Lions week 1 ?

The Lions were awful last week with Stafford getting sacked like 10 times. If you give me the Jets who showed up week 1 I would bet my paycheck. If it was last weeks version then no I would not.

13 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

The team that looked putrid against Miami or the team that played the Lions week 1 ?

The Lions were awful last week with Stafford getting sacked like 10 times. If you give me the Jets who showed up week 1 I would bet my paycheck. If it was last weeks version then no I would not.

No one would bet their paycheck on the road with the Jets. No one, especially without POINTS. 

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

All good points.  Bowles really does have to go though I don’t want to hear from the Johnsons in January that he gets another year because we finished 6-10

17 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Was the Lions win impressive?  They actually have a worse OL than the jets and Patricia literally  forgot they had a game to play

25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Hysterics? They've beaten the 0-16 Browns & the 3-5 Lions on the road & lost 11! Adam Gase has OWNED Bowles, beating him twice with a back up QB! Once last year with Moore & Sunday with Osweiller.

I have no idea what the Johnsons see in Bowles. Mac I can then keeping despite his utter failures because, superficially, he’s a positive face for the franchise but Bowles is just lost in space.  Not going into his coaching flaws. We all know them. At this point in his tenure, he’s just failed miserably to make adjustments and has hit rock bottom. Mac is equally to blame but Bowles  has just been unable to get the best of the players he’s been given to coach. I’ve never seen a team look so disconsolate going into the tunnel after last week’s loss. They are totally demoralized, hopeless and perplexed. And it’s just going to get worse since we have the Pats 2X, the Packers and Texans who are all playing quite well. Beating mediocre teams like the Bills and Titans are not a vote of confidence that guarantees Bowles another year. 

22 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

To be fair.. Bowles sucked before Darnold.

True. But nobody did Bowles any favors by sticking him with the NFL leader in interceptions. What the hell is a head coach to do with that?

Sam leads the league in interceptions. That’s on him. Can’t blame the head coach for that. Sam threw interceptions at USC, he will throw them till he retires. Can’t expect the coaching staff to make a QB play better. 

Just now, BigO said:

I have no idea what the Johnsons see in Bowles. Mac I can then keeping despite his utter failures because, superficially, he’s a positive face for the franchise but Bowles is just lost in space.  Not going into his coaching flaws. We all know them. At this point in his tenure, he’s just failed miserably to make adjustments and has hit rock bottom. Mac is equally to blame but Bowles  has just been unable to get the best of the players he’s been given to coach. I’ve never seen a team look so disconsolate going into the tunnel after last week’s loss. They are totally demoralized, hopeless and perplexed. And it’s just going to get worse since we have the Pats 2X, the Packers and Texans who are all playing quite well. Beating mediocre teams like the Bills and Titans are not a vote of confidence that guarantees Bowles another year. 

It seems that like Kotite Bowles has great ass kissing skills

Just now, The Crusher said:

True. But nobody did Bowie’s any favors by sticking him with the NFL leader in interceptions. What the hell is a head coach to do with that?

Sam leads the league in interceptions. That’s on him. Can’t blame the head coach for that. Sam threw interceptions at USC, he will throw them till he retires. Can’t expect the coaching staff to make a QB play better. 

Without Sam the jets are probably 1-8 right now

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

True. But nobody did Bowles any favors by sticking him with the NFL leader in interceptions. What the hell is a head coach to do with that?

That QB developmental school under MetLife where they trained and coached Christian Hackenberg must have closed up shop. 

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Was the Lions win impressive?  They actually have a worse OL than the jets and Patricia literally  forgot they had a game to play

Plus Patricia had no idea what to expect from Sam. So, after reviewing film do you think those roll right, roll left plays wouldn't be covered in a rematch? lol. 90% of Sams plays in that game were either roll outs or ad lib. He had 1 pocket pass for a TD to Anderson. Plus, what are the odds of the Jets defense getting another 6 Turnovers? Probably ZERO.

Just now, Jetster said:

Plus Patricia had no idea what to expect from Sam. So, after reviewing film do you think those roll right, roll left plays wouldn't be covered in a rematch? lol. 90% of Sams plays in that game were either roll outs or ad lib. He had 1 pocket pass for a TD to Anderson. Plus, what are the odds of the Jets defense getting another 6 Turnovers? Probably ZERO.

Patricia forgot to change hand and arm signals.  The last time I know of a pro football coach doing something so stupid was a drunken Jimmy Johnson in 1997

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

The Titans just beat the Boys on the road, lol, that game is not a gimme. Mariotta moves like Trubisky, and their defense held the Jags to 6 points & the week after we gave up over 30.

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Forget Darnold for a moment. I would add that our roster is bottom 3 in the league. How ANYONE could play and win with this team is beyond me.   MACC has to go.   Bowles and MACC never wanted a full rebuild.  That 10-6 FITZ year went to their head. Bowles has shown he is not HC material BUT Belicek couldn't win with this team, Tom Brady maybe could win 7 games. 

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Forget Darnold for a moment. I would add that our roster is bottom 3 in the league. How ANYONE could play and win with this team is beyond me.   MACC has to go.   Bowles and MACC never wanted a full rebuild.  That 10-6 FITZ year went to their head. Bowles has shown he is not HC material BUT Belicek couldn't win with this team, Tom Brady maybe could win 7 games. 

The reason the team has no chance is that Bowles is defense centric. While KC, the Rams, Saints were picking players like Hunt, Hill, Gurley, Goff, Kupp, Thomas, Kamara, the Jets were drafting non Elite positions like DT & Safety. 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

True, we can't expect coaches to MAKE Sam play better but good coaches HELP their players play better. This coaching staff and Bowles in particular helps no one play better. I take that back, they do a great job helping OPPOSING players play better. From preparation to play calling to sticking with a center who is literally killing this team, Bowles and Co have more than made the case to be fired. 

And btw, the point about Long hurting the team cannot be overstated. Sam is not able to read the defense as he should if hes needing to focus on where the snap is headed. Plus it throws off everyone's timing. Yeah, Sam throws int's. But Bowles doesn't help him play better and on that point alone he needs to be fired. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

What are you talking about!!

Just wait until Bowles is a HC in 2525 then he will be really good!!

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

The reason the team has no chance is that Bowles is defense centric. While KC, the Rams, Saints were picking players like Hunt, Hill, Gurley, Goff, Kupp, Thomas, Kamara, the Jets were drafting non Elite positions like DT & Safety. 

This isn't true at all.  First of all, Maccagnan was drafting, not Bowles.  Sure he may have influence, but I put it on Maccagnan.  Second, when KC, the Rams, Saints were picking players like Hunt, Hill, Kupp, Thomas, Kamara, the Jets were drafting Brandon Shell, ArDarius Stewart Christian Hackenberg and Chad Hansen. The problem goes well beyond poor positional value - even when we spend on positions like WR the guys can't stick and it sure isn't because we are stacked. 

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Good point, but the run run pass puts him in those situations for INT's.  Our game plans on offense are a big joke.  I bet opposing defenses get to go to Dave and Busters and call it "watching film" when preparing for our stinky offense.  When we have an NFL OL and NFL targets, I will then judge.  

Mac and Bowles made a $%^& sandwich and the owners just love it because they are still working in the kitchen.

Blow it up!!!!!!!

Rant over.

Go Jets.

His team hasn't traveled well ever. That's been consistent throughout the Bowles era.  Even if you look at his only good year here, 2015, three out of his 4 road wins were:

@ Miami 27-14 - Neutral site game in London. 

@ Dallas 16-13 - Took overtime in a must win game to beat Kellen Moore - Dallas was one of the worst teams in the league that year

@NYG - Great win, but an away game played in our own stadium.  

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

That QB developmental school under MetLife where they trained and coached Christian Hackenberg must have closed up shop. 

Just so you know.. Hackenburgh never threw an interception in a NFL regular season game. Flawless. Darnold LEADS the league in picks. Let that sink in. 

Archived