2-11!

Jetster

38 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Forget Darnold for a moment. I would add that our roster is bottom 3 in the league. How ANYONE could play and win with this team is beyond me.   MACC has to go.   Bowles and MACC never wanted a full rebuild.  That 10-6 FITZ year went to their head. Bowles has shown he is not HC material BUT Belicek couldn't win with this team, Tom Brady maybe could win 7 games. 

Ok. But how can any team win when the QB leads in interceptions? This team is 6-3 with Fitzmagic. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Crusher said:

Ok. But how can any team win when the QB leads in interceptions? This team is 6-3 with Fitzmagic. 

I don't see it , maybe 5-4, maybe  BUT so what???  Fitz??  He is on his 19th team? NO Playoffs.   We still don't go playoffs so what's the point.

That was 2015. You want to be 9-7, 8-8?  Good. I don't. We need a full redo, more talent and a football guy that knows how to do it.

That aint Bowles.

32 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

True. But nobody did Bowles any favors by sticking him with the NFL leader in interceptions. What the hell is a head coach to do with that?

Sam leads the league in interceptions. That’s on him. Can’t blame the head coach for that. Sam threw interceptions at USC, he will throw them till he retires. Can’t expect the coaching staff to make a QB play better. 

How many interceptions do you put on Sam alone from Sunday? 

1st - All on him. Didn't see Alonso & threw it right to him. 

2nd - I put that on Long & the bad snap. 

3rd - same as the 1st, didn't see the defender. 

4th - Sure it's on Sam, but it's really just a desperation heave hoping Kearse would make a play. Can't kill him on that one. 

1 hour ago, bgivs21 said:

Honestly with our remaining schedule I only see us winning 1 game, maybe 2 if we beat the Bills in Buffalo. Bowles days are numbered. 

v Bills - W

v Pats - L

@Titans - L

@Bills - L

v Texans -L

v Packers - L

@ Pats - L

Actually if the Cheaters have the Playoffs with home field sowed up they will sit the starters the last game. So maybe they have a shot at that one.....maybe.

39 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

How many interceptions do you put on Sam alone from Sunday? 

1st - All on him. Didn't see Alonso & threw it right to him. 

2nd - I put that on Long & the bad snap. 

3rd - same as the 1st, didn't see the defender. 

4th - Sure it's on Sam, but it's really just a desperation heave hoping Kearse would make a play. Can't kill him on that one. 

5. One was clearly a dropped pick. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

This isn't true at all.  First of all, Maccagnan was drafting, not Bowles.  Sure he may have influence, but I put it on Maccagnan.  Second, when KC, the Rams, Saints were picking players like Hunt, Hill, Kupp, Thomas, Kamara, the Jets were drafting Brandon Shell, ArDarius Stewart Christian Hackenberg and Chad Hansen. The problem goes well beyond poor positional value - even when we spend on positions like WR the guys can't stick and it sure isn't because we are stacked. 

how much blame does coaching take for not being able to develop anyone? who is to say if Stewart or Hansen were drafted to other teams they would not still be around? No one can honestly say that but to give bowles any type of bye in this is laughable in his defense.  most of the players drafted either never developed or regressed under bowles, and that is poor coaching and not putting your players into position to succeed either by playing them to there strengths or designing plays for them

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

The Titans just beat the Boys on the road, lol, that game is not a gimme. Mariotta moves like Trubisky, and their defense held the Jags to 6 points & the week after we gave up over 30.

True. I was just referring to their mediocre record. They will be a handful when we play them as will the Bills who always play us tough. At worst we could end up 3-14 ? or another 5-11 season 

2 minutes ago, rammagen said:

how much blame does coaching take for not being able to develop anyone? who is to say if Stewart or Hansen were drafted to other teams they would not still be around? No one can honestly say that but to give bowles any type of bye in this is laughable in his defense.  most of the players drafted either never developed or regressed under bowles, and that is poor coaching and not putting your players into position to succeed either by playing them to there strengths or designing plays for them

I think the fact that they can't even stick on a practice squad means they are not "develop-able."   Those guys are 1 year out of major college programs.  Nobody wants them.  Did Bowles not only fail to develop them, but stunt them so badly they are now untouchable? 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

True. But nobody did Bowles any favors by sticking him with the NFL leader in interceptions. What the hell is a head coach to do with that?

Sam leads the league in interceptions. That’s on him. Can’t blame the head coach for that. Sam threw interceptions at USC, he will throw them till he retires. Can’t expect the coaching staff to make a QB play better. 

You're making it sound like he was an interception machine in college, which he wasn't. His interception rate wasn't that unusual--Tom Brady, Carson Wentz and Matthew Stafford had similar rates in college. Fumbles were a bigger problem and he's fixed that by keeping both hands on the ball. 

21 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

You're making it sound like he was an interception machine in college, which he wasn't. His interception rate wasn't that unusual--Tom Brady, Carson Wentz and Matthew Stafford had similar rates in college. Fumbles were a bigger problem and he's fixed that by keeping both hands on the ball. 

He leads the NFL in interceptions now. Half way through the season. 

3 hours ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

His team hasn't traveled well ever. That's been consistent throughout the Bowles era.  Even if you look at his only good year here, 2015, three out of his 4 road wins were:

@ Miami 27-14 - Neutral site game in London. 

@ Dallas 16-13 - Took overtime in a must win game to beat Kellen Moore - Dallas was one of the worst teams in the league that year

@NYG - Great win, but an away game played in our own stadium.  

OMG is that lame for 2 years & 9 games! Plus the Giants kicker MISSED a FG to win it! I remember that game, watched it at Diggers in Riverhead LI. Giants fans were pretty upset, lol.

Wow, so think about that! 2015 on the road.

Miami in London (Miami was 6-10- last in the AFC east)

Dallas vs Kellen Moore (Dallas was 4-12 last in the NFC east)

New York Giants- by 3 points in our own stadium, lol. (Giants were 6-10 3rd in NFC east.) Giants missed a FG to tie in overtime. 

2016 on the Road

Won at Buffalo- 37-31 (Bill finished 7-9)

Won at Cleveland 31-28 (Browns finished 1-15)

Won at San Fran 23-17 (49ers finished 2-14)

Holy crap! And 1 win on the road in 2017! 

Won at Cleveland by 3 17-14 vs Backup after Kiser injured (0-16)

2018- Won at Detroit (currently 3-5) 

* I never really took a good look at our road record since Bowles has been here & it's absolutely horrifying! The 8 road wins we have since Bowles arrived in 2015 the teams we beat had a combined record of 29-91! Holy sh*t!!!

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

if it were up to Todd Bowles, Josh McCown, the team's highest paid player would be getting these snaps.  at least until he inevitably gets hurt

Sam is leading the league in INTs because this is what happens when you start the youngest QB in league history. Bill Walsh could be coaching this offense and it would still be a mess. Because 21 year olds usually aren't ready for a 16 game NFL season as QB1. 

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if it were up to Todd Bowles, Josh McCown, the team's highest paid player would be getting these snaps.  at least until he inevitably gets hurt

Sam is leading the league in INTs because this is what happens when you start the youngest QB in league history. Bill Walsh could be coaching this offense and it would still be a mess. Because 21 year olds usually aren't ready for a 16 game NFL season as QB1. 

You hit the nail right on the head of what is probably the scariest outcome. Bowles, as coach, decides who plays, unless there is a directive from the top, Chris Johnson. If Bowles really has no say, then wins aren't the main factor in this season, and both coach and GM are safe. Unless, Chris feels they are not developing Sam the right way.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

If Bowles really has no say, then wins aren't the main factor in this season, and both coach and GM are safe. Unless, Chris feels they are not developing Sam the right way.

Their agents saw this coming and demanded two year extensions for both Mac and Bowles. Most coaches/GMs don't get extended after a 5-11 season but they did this year because they knew 2018 would be ugly for all involved starting a rookie QB on this terrible roster.  The Jets can fire Bowles they just have to pay him 2019 salary not to coach, find a replacement. And pay for the consultants to help find the replacement.  on paper they can just pay todd his measly 4 mil or they can do that and a new coach and Charlie Casserly. What do you think the Johnson's will decide? 

to give context the Johnsons have bought out one coach, it was Rex. That's how bad things would have to get, late stage Rex.  Bowles isn't there yet and Woody isn't in the country anymore. I highly doubt Chris can make all these million dollar moves without big bro. 

Just now, bitonti said:

Their agents saw this coming and demanded two year extensions for both Mac and Bowles. Most coaches/GMs don't get extended after a 5-11 season but they did this year because they knew 2018 would be ugly for all involved starting a rookie QB on this terrible roster.  The Jets can fire Bowles they just have to pay him 2019 salary not to coach, find a replacement. And pay for the consultants to help find the replacement.  on paper they can just pay todd his measly 4 mil or they can do that and a new coach and Charlie Casserly. What do you think the Johnson's will decide? 

to give context the Johnsons have bought out one coach, it was Rex. That's how bad things would have to get, late stage Rex.  Bowles isn't there yet and Woody isn't in the country anymore. I highly doubt Chris can make all these million dollar moves without big bro. 

Probably right, but I hope Woody trusts his judgement enough to let Chris be a major voice in the future, and not have to go outside like the last two hires.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think the fact that they can't even stick on a practice squad means they are not "develop-able."   Those guys are 1 year out of major college programs.  Nobody wants them.  Did Bowles not only fail to develop them, but stunt them so badly they are now untouchable? 

how much blame does coaching get for players regressing or not even developing? PLayers you thought you would see more from (the LWilliams as an example just do not appear to be developing to the hype) look there is enough blame to go around to to solely blame the gm is laughable. the issue to me starts with coaching and the ineptness there. You want to get rid of the gm fine, I see as a toss up because the coaching has been on such a bad level you would improve by hiring a fan. You say no-one can win with the roster as is fine but the gm signed some (overpaid in Johnson's case) serviceable players who have gotten hurt in the Johnson and Long but the gm is not the one playing the hurt center.

The GM is not the one putting player in a position where they are hurting the team trying to hike the ball, that is the coach. Even if say a hurt Long is better alternative to a backup center when he can not even hike the ball on a regular basis, and then not adjusting Bowles should be fired on that alone

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

He leads the NFL in interceptions now. Half way through the season. 

yes but that is what happens when have dysfunction on the staff and the oline (he has no time) and offense that is developed to his strengths> even with everything being said if you put in right offense he still may lead the league in interceptions it is what rookies do, but we have him forcing balls when he shouldn't because they are putting pressure on him because the rest of the team is not good.

You should build the team to his strengths  and there is no evidence that Bowles has done that.

2 minutes ago, rammagen said:

how much blame does coaching get for players regressing or not even developing? PLayers you thought you would see more from (the LWilliams as an example just do not appear to be developing to the hype) look there is enough blame to go around to to solely blame the gm is laughable. the issue to me starts with coaching and the ineptness there. You want to get rid of the gm fine, I see as a toss up because the coaching has been on such a bad level you would improve by hiring a fan. You say no-one can win with the roster as is fine but the gm signed some (overpaid in Johnson's case) serviceable players who have gotten hurt in the Johnson and Long but the gm is not the one playing the hurt center.

The GM is not the one putting player in a position where they are hurting the team trying to hike the ball, that is the coach. Even if say a hurt Long is better alternative to a backup center when he can not even hike the ball on a regular basis, and then not adjusting Bowles should be fired on that alone

I don't solely blame the GM. 

What are we talking about?  The entire state of the team or these sh*tty draft picks?  I simply don't think any coach is making a viable NFL receiver out of Stewart or Hansen.  These guys were selected with Hunt, Golladay and Godwin available. I blame the coach for plenty of things.  Those two sucking isn't one of them.   

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Why not? Isn't that what the coaching staff, and specifically a QB coach, are for?

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

When you’re down 1 score on the last possession an interception is not a desperation heave.

One interception came on 4th and 15 w/ two minutes to go, and the other came on a 4th and 10 w/ 40 seconds to go....if nobody was open on either play, then chucking it is literally the only option. 

George R.R. Martin shares your pain ...

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

Subpress-FB-1024x641.jpg

On other fronts… the Giants did not lose this week, because they did not play.  A mercy.   The Jets played, and lost.  Badly.   The score was close, but the game was painful to watch.   The defense played hard and looked good, as they have in several other games, but the offense could not move the ball, and our kid quarterback Sam Darnold threw four interceptions.   Darnold threw too many INTs in college, the biggest strike against him leading up to the draft, and he appears to be repeating that pattern in the NFL, which does not bode well for Gang Green’s future.   I don’t care how good a quarterback’s arm may be, if he throws INTs he will kill you.  Nothing hurts worse than a turnover.   Darnold was hailed as the new Joe Namath, but I would have settled for a new Chad Pennington… Chad was deadly accurate, and did not throw INTs.   Sam needs to stop doing that, or the future will be as painful as the past.   Oh, and what the hell is going on with the center?  All those bad snaps… c’mon, coach, isn’t there another center on the bench?  One who can deliver the snaps into Sam’s hands rather than three feet over his head?

39 minutes ago, rammagen said:

yes but that is what happens when have dysfunction on the staff and the oline (he has no time) and offense that is developed to his strengths> even with everything being said if you put in right offense he still may lead the league in interceptions it is what rookies do, but we have him forcing balls when he shouldn't because they are putting pressure on him because the rest of the team is not good.

You should build the team to his strengths  and there is no evidence that Bowles has done that.

Bowles coaches defense. Only reason he agreed to getting Sam is he heard he played linebacker in high school.

17 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

George R.R. Martin shares your pain ...

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

Subpress-FB-1024x641.jpg

On other fronts… the Giants did not lose this week, because they did not play.  A mercy.   The Jets played, and lost.  Badly.   The score was close, but the game was painful to watch.   The defense played hard and looked good, as they have in several other games, but the offense could not move the ball, and our kid quarterback Sam Darnold threw four interceptions.   Darnold threw too many INTs in college, the biggest strike against him leading up to the draft, and he appears to be repeating that pattern in the NFL, which does not bode well for Gang Green’s future.   I don’t care how good a quarterback’s arm may be, if he throws INTs he will kill you.  Nothing hurts worse than a turnover.   Darnold was hailed as the new Joe Namath, but I would have settled for a new Chad Pennington… Chad was deadly accurate, and did not throw INTs.   Sam needs to stop doing that, or the future will be as painful as the past.   Oh, and what the hell is going on with the center?  All those bad snaps… c’mon, coach, isn’t there another center on the bench?  One who can deliver the snaps into Sam’s hands rather than three feet over his head?

He’s just looking at absolutes. At least 5 of those picks were not bad plays. That puts him at 9 picks, which would give him about the same number of turnovers as Tom Brady. All rookie QBs are turning the ball over. Both baker and Rosen have more turnovers than TDs and they’ve played fewer games and much easier schedules. It’s not about the stats but about what we see on the field. Darnold shows remarkable instincts, awareness of the game, calmness under preassure, and special throwing ability. He’s much more accurate than chad Pennington- I DGAF what the completion percentage stat says. I’m also pretty sure chad didn’t take a snap for the Jets until he was like 25.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Probably right, but I hope Woody trusts his judgement enough to let Chris be a major voice in the future, and not have to go outside like the last two hires.

Chris said Woody isn't involved at all in any decision, big or small, including who to hire and fire. 

but I wonder if Chris walks around the owners meeting, what do the other owners think? my guess is if they didn't vote you in and you can't sell the team, you aren't really the owner.

Chris is acting CEO whatever that means. I hope he knows more about football than Woody but neither one has any actual experience making football decisions.   

58 minutes ago, tuffhand said:

Why not? Isn't that what the coaching staff, and specifically a QB coach, are for?

another point this coaching staff lacks a qb coach 

Todd Bowles doesn't set the budget on coaching spend and Mac is in a different reporting structure

here's a theory why Bates was promoted to OC and QB coach never replaced: coaches cost money.

either the Jets never asked for qb coach? or ownership said no. either way there's no excuse

Archived