Darnold in a walking boot. Not practicing.

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its going to be a mess.  Mccown will throw for 4 tds and the offense will look great.  So the players wont want to go back to darnold.  But the coaches will put him back in and he will stink again and there will be a revolt by the players.

Any knowledgeable fan knew mccown should have started the season and you bring in darnold after the jets were mathematically eliminated.  But as usual, we screwed that up.

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Lol, you do know McCown hasn't played a game this year & our Oline is a sieve. Bills sacked the sh*t out of Cousins & we barely sniffed him. Any given Sunday, especially division games between 2 crappy teams. 

Who will be backup? Webb? It’s possibke we go in without a backup and it blows up in our face because Bowles is an idiot. 

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Nothing good will come of this. At worst, somehow this ends buying Bowles another season

We are watching “how to ruin your franchise QB..” it’s happening to us, right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That already happened when we named him the starter when he should have sat most of the year.

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Bills gave Cousins all he could handle, stripped him of the ball & harassed him pretty good. Trubisky runs like a RB so Bills D couldn't compete. Josh will be a target behind this Swiss cheese Oline. The Jets aren't close to the teams kicking the Bills azz. 

When McCown and Fitz were playing well for us they were avoiding pressure by getting rid of the ball quickly. So it'll depend on if our targets can get open quickly.

30 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Thing is, if the offense looks functional it'll be easy for Todd to point at the QB position and say "not my fault, I had to play the rookie".

if the center starts snapping the ball directly to the qb the offense will immediately look more functional.  

31 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its going to be a mess.  Mccown will throw for 4 tds and the offense will look great.  So the players wont want to go back to darnold.  But the coaches will put him back in and he will stink again and there will be a revolt by the players.

Any knowledgeable fan knew mccown should have started the season and you bring in darnold after the jets were mathematically eliminated.  But as usual, we screwed that up.

They should’ve kept Bridgewater and have him start the season. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I mean he got benched is what it is

So Darnold agreed to wear the walking boot as part of the charade? 

If Darnold was playing great and we were 6-3, sure, he likely plays. But I think this is simply a combination of extra caution (no need to force Darnold to play at less than 100pct) combined with the team thinking that Darnold could use a week off. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So Darnold agreed to wear the walking boot as part of the charade? 

If Darnold was playing great and we were 6-3, sure, he likely plays. But I think this is simply a combination of extra caution (no need to force Darnold to play at less than 100pct) combined with the team thinking that Darnold could use a week off. 

They’re playing one of the worst teams in the league at home. The organization wants to win and Mccown probably right now gives them a better shot because he won’t throw 4 picks as that’s the only way you can lose to buffalo.

19 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It will be nice to have the opportunity to see what McCown does with the offense. This will provide a nice basis for comparison to determine just how much of the O's woes can be laid at the feet of the lack of talent vs Daarnold's inexperience.

The Jets had much less talent on offense last year. It’s the zone blocking scheme and offensive coordinator. It’s also Sam sucking balls but those first 2 reasons are the main culprit and result in Sam sucking.

IF WE WOULD HAVE JUST KEPT MORTON AND NOT CHANGED THE BLOCKING SCHEME, Sam would have been inserted into a manageable offense that worked last year with crap talent. This is all self inflicted by the coaching staff. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They’re playing one of the worst teams in the league at home. The organization wants to win and Mccown probably right now gives them a better shot because he won’t throw 4 picks as that’s the only way you can lose to buffalo.

So you think Darnold is healthy and wearing the boot to fake everyone out? LMAO

34 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Who will be backup? Webb? It’s possibke we go in without a backup and it blows up in our face because Bowles is an idiot. 

I know you're joking, you have to know Webb will be the back up. I actually think Webb should be the STARTER this week. This season is a lost cause, and McCown isn't part of this teams future. This is the perfect time to find out if Webb can play. The only reason I can see for these idiots not playing Webb is the fear that he would look better running the offense then Sam has, and they are afraid of any controversy. No sane person would be upset if Webb played well though, and Jets fans know Darnold is the future. Why not try to see if we have his backup also?  

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I know you're joking, you have to know Webb will be the back up. I actually think Webb should be the STARTER this week. This season is a lost cause, and McCown isn't part of this teams future. This is the perfect time to find out if Webb can play. The only reason I can see for these idiots not playing Webb is the fear that he would look better running the offense then Sam has, and they are afraid of any controversy. No sane person would be upset if Webb played well though, and Jets fans know Darnold is the future. Why not try to see if we have his backup also?  

I’m actually not joking at all. Will a backup even suit up? Bowles is so dumb that I honestly don’t know. I’m baffled at everything that he does and how clueless he is. I’d like to see Webb too for the long term backup role and to flash so Giants fans cry. 

54 minutes ago, rangerous said:

so let me guess, you'd keep him out there running the horsebleep of an offense and getting him clobbered?  i don't think so.  we all knew it would be a trial by fire but continuing to force him to make lemonade out of lemons isn't good for anyone.  imo it's okay that he sits and thinks about his play and the play of the team.  darnold will be better able to handle whatever he has thrown at him in the future.

I dont actually disagree with that at this point. Step one is to get Bowles as far away from him as possible.

40 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

It's gonna really tick me off when Bowles and Bates come out with the aggressive game plan they haven't given Sam all year long. And you know it's coming. 

Yep. Watch them start the backup center (forget his name) and he snaps the ball perfectly. 

Joking about the above but this team, with every move, is doing the opposite of what they should be doing for their franchise QB. 

48 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Any knowledgeable fan knows that a QB cannot learn when he isn't in the game. Billick, who won a Super Bowl, was saying the same thing yesterday. There is absolutely nothing to gain and this puts his development on hold, which could effect next year if he doesn't get back in the game ASAP.

43 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Mccown playing good with this team would be the worst thing for Bowles and Mac it would show that the qb they selected isn't able to play better than a veteran journeyman qb after half a season

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

No, it would show that the only reason the team has struggled is the rookie QB leading the league in interceptions.

2 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Any knowledgeable fan knows that a QB cannot learn when he isn't in the game. Billick, who won a Super Bowl, was saying the same thing yesterday. There is absolutely nothing to gain and this puts his development on hold, which could effect next year if he doesn't get back in the game ASAP.

Missing 1 game won't make a difference in his development. But I agree, if mccown plays well and darnold sits the rest of the year it will be an unmitigated disaster. 

Darnold is probably dealing with a very minor injury that he could play through but the jets are being overly cautious and giving the kid a chance to regroup. 

I will say, it is fun to see so many people in this thread lose their collective minds and think that Darnold is faking it and wearing the boot despite being 100pct fine. It's the tin-foil hat generation. 

Archived