Craig Carton found guilty on all fraud charges.............

Kleckineau

6 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

The main ring leader got 6.5 years, I could see a scenario where after all his appeals, and what not he never spends another day in prison.  Only thing he has going against him is that he publicly aired his defense through the media, and because he fought, and lost the judge could make an example of him should he choose, but again Carton has $$$$$$$ for lawyers so I’d say there won’t be sentencing for awhile while appeals happen.

No sympathy for Carton, he thought he was way too smart for his own good. I did get a laugh though, when I read the part about the "strip club manager/loan shark" talking about the $500,000 loan that fractured their relationship after Carton didn't repay it. :good_one: Call me cynical, but how many strip club managers have an extra 500k lying around? 

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

No sympathy for Carton, he thought he was way too smart for his own good. I did get a laugh though, when I read the part about the "strip club manager/loan shark" talking about the $500,000 loan that fractured their relationship after Carton didn't repay it. :good_one: Call me cynical, but how many strip club managers have an extra 500k lying around? 

It is a guess but I am going to say all of them lol.

Basically ripped off a couple hedge funds and a loan shark.  Should have taken that plea, would have been out early and working for barstool.  This is an interesting enough story that someone will want to make a film about it.

I have nothing against Carton and did enjoy listening to him until his shtick got old, but he was a horse's arse and a smug and arrogant dope, and forgive me, but I'm actually glad when jerks like this get their comeuppance.  Screw him!  I hope his cellmate greets him with a sarcastic as hell  "helooooooooooo" when he enters his cell for the first time.  

3 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

He should have been a banker.  Would have gotten a bonus instead of jail time. 

Or a politician. Favors would be made for acquittal and regardless of affiliation, 50% of the population would convince themselves there was no wrongdoing.

40 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's a moron. They had him dead to rights -- why didn't he take a plea deal?

A lot of these "people" have that " Do you know who I am ? " attitude. Think that because they're a public figure they are above the law. Fug him as someone else posted. Throw the book at him.

Hey, he got what he deserved. Of course it's interesting that a guy who ripped off rippers like hedge fund managers & strip club operators gets a long jail sentence while a guy like the CEO of Countrywide Mortage who RUINED millions of people lives & literally put the housing industry in the dumper and trillions of dollars were lost in equity in their homes because of the housing crisis he caused is drinking Manhattans on his oceanfront deck in Palm Beach, hmm.

He deserves what he gets.

That said, he obviously was addicted to gambling which led to his downfall. It is no different than a drug addict who turns to crime to support his drug habit. I find it sad and sympathize with his family and his victims.

1 minute ago, Mandarinia said:

He's a scumbag and deserves nothing but the worst. In 2006 when he worked at New Jersey 101.5 he was laughing and making tasteless jokes on air about my fiancé's fathers suicide. I hope he rots in jail.

So sorry to hear that! Sorry for your loss.

16 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

He should have been a banker.  Would have gotten a bonus instead of jail time. 

Jon Corzine walks the earth a free man.  Doesn't excuse Carton, but if you can plausibly claim you are a Wall Street guy, you can get away with defrauding people. Replace "borrow $500K from a strip club manager/loanshark" with "foolishly betting your client's money on the stability of Greek economy". 

8 hours ago, Bugg said:

Jon Corzine walks the earth a free man.  Doesn't excuse Carton, but if you can plausibly claim you are a Wall Street guy, you can get away with defrauding people. Replace "borrow $500K from a strip club manager/loanshark" with "foolishly betting your client's money on the stability of Greek economy". 

Corzine is despicable. And Senator Bob Menendez also an NJ crook. Creep dodged multiple felony convictions from a hung jury but wasn't retried oh and if that isnt bad enough when he was re-elected tuesday one of the jurors from his trial was photographed at his victory party.

Carton stinks but these guys are worse and go unpunished.

4 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Corzine is despicable. And Senator Bob Menendez also an NJ crook. Creep dodged multiple felony convictions from a hung jury but wasn't retried oh and if that isnt bad enough when he was re-elected tuesday one of the jurors from his trial was photographed at his victory party.

Carton stinks but these guys are worse and go unpunished.

I still can't fathom that Bob Menendez gets reelected back there.

(Not turning this into politics but that guy is a bad apple.  There are plenty in the other party as well.)

Archived