So what can we expect from McCown on Sunday?

Nixhead

McCown did really well last season - except he did blow a couple of games in the 4th quarter. Is he gonna pull a Fitzmagic and throw 5 TD passes and lead the Jets to a big victory or is he gonna struggle to move the offense just like Darnold? I’m pretty sure he will be changing plays at the line and not running into 9 men in the box or if the Bills drop 7 in coverage he should take what they give him. I actually expect him to do well. I’m gonna say 3 TD passes 1 int. 280 yards and  Jets win 34-10. The big question then will be does he start the Jets next game?

One thing he will have to be able to do is get the ball out quickly - he can't afford to take 3-4 secs to make the throw, as our OL against the Bills D will struggle in protection, and we know McCown does not have the greatest durability.

Can the WRs / TEs / RBs get open quickly enough, or will we see a lot of throwaways?

solid games for 2-3 quarters, not enough left in the tank to get through the entire game but should be enough to beat the Bills, will be good for Sam to watch his preparation and how he handles the ups and downs of the game, should have started the season this way (and/or with Teddy)

FQB mismanagement for sure but better late than never - can't keep throwing Sam out there like that, see chez 2011/2012 - should have been benched long before the buttfumble

2 hours ago, Nixhead said:

McCown did really well last season - except he did blow a couple of games in the 4th quarter. Is he gonna pull a Fitzmagic and throw 5 TD passes and lead the Jets to a big victory or is he gonna struggle to move the offense just like Darnold? I’m pretty sure he will be changing plays at the line and not running into 9 men in the box or if the Bills drop 7 in coverage he should take what they give him. I actually expect him to do well. I’m gonna say 3 TD passes 1 int. 280 yards and  Jets win 34-10. The big question then will be does he start the Jets next game?

Does it really matter?  We are not going anywhere...  I hope we lose all of our remaining games.  Better pick etc.  Even that won't matter. Look at MAC's picks 2nd round after...  GREAT players on the board and he chooses HACK and others just like him.

I would LOVE to see the stadium almost empty.  

Let's face facts, we are fans of a team run by a trust fund billionaire and it is simply his toy.

Until there is fundamental change there, we are no where. 

3 hours ago, Nixhead said:

You don’t need a 5TD performance to beat Peterception. If you somehow do, I’d fire Todd before the half. 

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Does it really matter?  We are not going anywhere...  I hope we lose all of our remaining games.  Better pick etc.  Even that won't matter. Look at MAC's picks 2nd round after...  GREAT players on the board and he chooses HACK and others just like him.

Let's face facts, we are fans of a team run by a trust fund billionaire and it is simply his toy.

Yes there does need to be a fundamental change and Yes it starts at the top. This is a lousy constructed organization - but all they would have to do is hire a great GM and give him control of everything not have a GM with limited authority. But this is our team. Wether u picked them or your family picked them for u we root for the Jets - sadly. So I hope the stadium is rocking and the Jets go out and demolish Buffalo. 

Better picks would (potentially) matter if it's someone other than Macc who gets to spend them.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Am I the only one hoping for a McCown train wreck?  To me, this is a far more advantageous outcome than him actually doing well because a poor performance will drive the point home that this offense, OC, and HC are garbage and lead them all one step closer to the door.  A good performance could potentially create a QB controversy and whispers in the locker room, media, and fan base, that maybe the problem IS Darnold.  I think that's the LAST thing any of us want to see.  

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I’m sure he’ll do better then Darnold but if Bates continues to call these terrible plays and Bowles continues to trot out an injured Long snapping the ball over his head, could see just about the same production. 

McCown would have always done better than Darnold this year, but obviously Darnold’s development is paramount to our franchise and I agree.

You’re completely right that an injured Long has ruined our offense. Anyone that thinks this has had minimal effect to Darnold and the offense is fooling themselves. Every play is like a race, and it starts with the snap. That rhythm gets broken and so does the play. WR’s break routes, OL have to adjust, RB’s suddenly have to switch from a delay receiving route to blocking, and the QB is scrambling for his life. Hopefully Long sits if still injured.

I expect McCown to audible at the line a lot, getting free from the impossible dead ends Bates keeps putting this offense in....something a rookie QB can’t do yet.

I expect a big win by us, because of McCown. I’ll be rooting and watching, because as much as I want to see Darnold develop, I believe he will be fine and is talented to weather this Bowles/Bates sh*t storm and cone out a TOP 10 QB down the road. He’s 21...so it may take 5 seasons.

In the meantime let’s beat Buffalo! 

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I’m sure he’ll do better then Darnold but if Bates continues to call these terrible plays and Bowles continues to trot out an injured Long snapping the ball over his head, could see just about the same production. 

At least McCown is taller than Sam. lol

15 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

We can expect that those who think Robby stinks... will be reminded that the Eagles wanted him for a reason at the trade deadline when he blows up the Bills secondary.

Especially with the chemistry that Robby and Josh showed last year.

Does McCown block?

Does McCown play WR?

Does McCown call the plays?

Expect something very similar to what you have been seeing with Sam. This myth that McCown is going to light up the Bills, is silly. The Bills have a good Defense and always play us tough.

Take the under, Ive changed it from Sunday when I had it at 15. Its now 17. Go Jets!

3 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Does McCown block?

Does McCown play WR?

Expect something very similar to what you have been seeing with Sam. This myth that McCown is going to light up the Bills, is silly. The Bills have a good Defense and always play us tough.

Take the under, Ive changed it from Sunday when I had it at 15. Its now 17. Go Jets!

NO, NO IT'S NOT !!!!   lol

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Does McCown block?

Does McCown play WR?

It more has to do with if they have some one to snap the ball.  15 bad snaps?  Some QB's don't get that in 5 years, that's what Darnold dealt with last week.

5 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Does McCown block?

Does McCown play WR?

He’s a vet with more experience, reads the defense better and will call audibles. 

Archived