Sign in to follow this  
Saul Goodman

Todd Kotite/Rich Bowles

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

ha !

good point

Imagine what this board would have been like if they had internet in '76? 

After the victory, Holtz whipped out sheets of papers and distributed them to the players.

''I've written a fight song,'' he explained. ''We're going to sing it after every Jets victory.''

The song, to the tune of ''The Caissons Go Rolling Along,'' started: ''Win the game, fight like men, we're together win or lose, New York Jets go rolling along.''

9 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

You just reminded me that he wrote a fight song and made the team memorize and sing it lmaooooo. Starts at 4:20

Howard Cosell was the best ever at presenting prime time football.

16 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

As a coach, Kotite is one guy you don’t want to be compared to. When he was the jets coach, he should have been driven to the nearest vet and put to sleep!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

in all fairness, kotite drafted some pretty good players.  as a coach he was terrible.

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That is silly.

4 wins in 2 years.    3-13, and then got worse.    Only Hue Jackson is worse

it's not that silly when you compare the talent levels of the teams.  imo kotite's teams had more talent.  they were misused.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

it's not that silly when you compare the talent levels of the teams.  imo kotite's teams had more talent.  they were misused.

Kotite's teams had way more talent.   Parcells had them at 9-7 the year after 1-15.

36 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Kotite's teams had way more talent.   Parcells had them at 9-7 the year after 1-15.

Both Kotite's teams and Bowles' teams have greatly underachieved.  Kotite did lead a team to the playoffs in Philly and they won their first playoff game in 12 seasons under him.

Bowles is a modern day kotite, he's actually worse than kotite.

the last offensive HC of the NYJ was Rich Kotite 

maybe that's why Tuna, Groh, Herm, Mangini, Rex and now Bowles have been defensive

by the way I am old enough to have lived through Kotite and that team had talent, they signed all sorts of free agents etc. Maybe they are just as bad coaches (they aren't) but in terms of resources, Kotite had Hess' full support while Bowles is building a bridge over the Hudson river with popsicle sticks.

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the last offensive HC of the NYJ was Rich Kotite 

maybe that's why Tuna, Groh, Herm, Mangini, Rex and now Bowles have been defensive

by the way I am old enough to have lived through Kotite and that team had talent, they signed all sorts of free agents etc. Maybe they are just as bad coaches (they aren't) but in terms of resources, Kotite had Hess' full support while Bowles is building a bridge over the Hudson river with popsicle sticks.

The highlight of the Kotite years had to be the "shovel pass" from Bubby Brister that Sam Mills of the Panthers intercepted and returned for a TD. Was Panthers first franchise win that day, I believe.

29 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Both Kotite's teams and Bowles' teams have greatly underachieved.  Kotite did lead a team to the playoffs in Philly and they won their first playoff game in 12 seasons under him.

Bowles is a modern day kotite, he's actually worse than kotite.

One of the problems is that Bowles isn't a modern day anything - he believes in D and the O doing just enough to win (as long as they run the ball and don't turn it over). He is a dinosaur. Maybe if he coached in the Kotite era, he would be a modern day something...

The really sad thing about all of this is that the Jets had 

Charlie Winner

Lou Holtz (he proved out to be a pretty damn good coach at ND just did not fit the NFL)

Joe Walton 

Bruce Coslet

Rich Kotite

and Todd Bowles

This is like the Ring of Stupidity and Im sure Im leaving a few beauties out, not to mention that arguably one of the best coaches in the History of this league walked out on us in one day. This is why this organization sucks not because of players because of terrible coaching.

16 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Herm is still the worst in my book

This is why we can't have nice things.  Jets fans have no appreciation for those that helped us achieve what little success we have had.