Panthers-Steelers TNF FOOTBALL

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets must intentionally tank the draft. It’s incredible watching some of these teams. What round did Connor go in?

Who gave clearance on Marcus Maye being a second rounder lol

How did these 2 teams get so good?  Why can't the NY Jet be this good?  Watching a game like this makes me think I root for an alien football team. 

Do you think Macc and Bowles are watching?

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

How did these 2 teams get so good?  Why can't the NY Jet be this good?  Watching a game like this makes me think I root for an alien football team. 

Do you think Macc and Bowles are watching?

If the Jets didn’t like the QB’s last year, fine. But Mccafrey would be the best player this franchise has had in forever.

47 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets must intentionally tank the draft. It’s incredible watching some of these teams. What round did Connor go in?

Who gave clearance on Marcus Maye being a second rounder lol

3rd Round; 2017.  But at least we got Ardarius Stewart.

25 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Seriously. I don't know how a Jets fan can watch the Steelers without weeping. We're not even playing the same sport as this team.

They look totally awesome tonite. EVERY year they are in the hunt. Must be nice.

Look at the Steelers roster, and look at the players who are their core contributors.  They were all drafted.  Do the Steelers ever have an off-season with $100 million in cap space?  Do the Steelers chase big money free agents?  It’s comical how poorly the Jets have been run.  In 2017 the Steelers drafted 30th and came away with Watt, JuJu and Conner.  Conner was a 3rd round comp pick they received for letting a big money free agent leave.  Amazing how inept Maccagnan has been building this roster.  

31 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Look at the Steelers roster, and look at the players who are their core contributors.  They were all drafted.  Do the Steelers ever have an off-season with $100 million in cap space?  Do the Steelers chase big money free agents?  It’s comical how poorly the Jets have been run.  In 2017 the Steelers drafted 30th and came away with Watt, JuJu and Conner.  Conner was a 3rd round comp pick they received for letting a big money free agent leave.  Amazing how inept Maccagnan has been building this roster.  

This!  Our drafts have been extremely bad.  I think the last time the Jets were even remotely close to the Steelers in terms of talent was the year we beat them in Pittsburgh (sometime around Christmas 2010, I was at the game) and Brad Smith returned the opening kickoff to start the game.  Crapola since then.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

They have a great coach and a great organization. Big difference. 

Now I need to some Gin and Juice so I can get Laid Back...with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I think it's a combination of drafting and player development,  the draft seems like a lottery but when some teams are regularing coming away with 3-4 contributors there has to be more to it than just picking the right players - how are they prepared, developed, coached, utilized, etc... has to make a difference

they all have superior physical ability at that level, maybe it's attitude, a few personality traits that teams like the Steelers look for and draft accordingly

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

2 weeks ago they crawled out from a 17-0 2nd half deficit against the Eagles.

That's why I included generally. Something about that offense down points just doesnt jive. The defense shut down the Eagles in the second half.

16 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I think it's a combination of drafting and player development,  the draft seems like a lottery but when some teams are regularing coming away with 3-4 contributors there has to be more to it than just picking the right players - how are they prepared, developed, etc... has to make a difference

they all have superior physical ability at that level, maybe it's attitude, a few personality traits that teams like the Steelers look for and draft accordingly

They draft guys who they see are a fit for what they want to do.  You are correct, they do seem to develop their guys as well.  They also have some of the best ownership in the league and are run properly.  They have had stability at head coach for a long time.  

51 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

They draft guys who they see are a fit for what they want to do.  You are correct, they do seem to develop their guys as well.  They also have some of the best ownership in the league and are run properly.  They have had stability at head coach for a long time.  

Steelers are pretty unique in their philosophy. They are uncanny in the way that they will let a guy go in FA and draft a player that usually turns out better than the guy they let go. Also, they are patient in the draft, knowing that a good player will come to them. This from a team that is generally picking 25 or so and down. Don't see them making these nutty trades giving up multiple picks to move up for guys. They trust their process, and are usually right.

21 minutes ago, section314 said:

Steelers are pretty unique in their philosophy. They are uncanny in the way that they will let a guy go in FA and draft a player that usually turns out better than the guy they let go. Also, they are patient in the draft, knowing that a good player will come to them. This from a team that is generally picking 25 or so and down. Don't see them making these nutty trades giving up multiple picks to move up for guys. They trust their process, and are usually right.

They know that building your roster in free agnency is a losing proposition.  They also do a great job of not waiting till they lose a guy to replace him.  Like you said, they have replacements on the roster who are ready to step up.  They extend the guys they really want and sign a few free agents to fill a couple holes that are left.   

Archived