Panthers-Steelers TNF FOOTBALL

joewilly12

In the last 10 years pittsburgh has had 83 draft picks, the jets 68.  You simply increase the odds of getting a gem like Antiono brown by numbers.  Some teams historically are always working at adding picks even late ones, some teams like the jets have used them for other things or totally ignored their value (see Tanny)

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Steelers are pretty unique in their philosophy. They are uncanny in the way that they will let a guy go in FA and draft a player that usually turns out better than the guy they let go. Also, they are patient in the draft, knowing that a good player will come to them. This from a team that is generally picking 25 or so and down. Don't see them making these nutty trades giving up multiple picks to move up for guys. They trust their process, and are usually right.

the steelers also have had only 3 head coaches since most fans have been alive Chuck Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin 

the franchise supports their coaching staff, pays them (Tomlin makes top 10 HC money) and they hire Hall of Fame Mike Munchak to coach the OLine 

the Jets found Jeremy Bates living in the trees and sticks like Harry from Harry in the Hendersons.   Even if the Jets do what everyone wants and fires the coaching staff, the Johnsons have no idea how to hire a coach and no interest in paying for anyone we've heard of 

side note if Jon Gruden just got 100 Million dollars what is John Harbaugh worth ?

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the steelers also have had only 3 head coaches since most fans have been alive Chuck Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin 

the franchise supports their coaching staff, pays them (Tomlin makes top 10 HC money) and they hire Hall of Fame Mike Munchak to coach the OLine 

the Jets found Jeremy Bates living in the trees and sticks like Harry from Harry in the Hendersons.   Even if the Jets do what everyone wants and fires the coaching staff, the Johnsons have no idea how to hire a coach and no interest in paying for anyone we've heard of 

side note if Jon Gruden just got 100 Million dollars what is John Harbaugh worth ?

Until we have new ownership, we are going to be running on the same treadmill.

10 hours ago, MaxAF said:

They have a great coach and a great organization. Big difference. 

Now I need to some Gin and Juice so I can get Laid Back...with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

A lot of Steelers fans don't rate Tomlin as a head coach. They don't like his clock management.

He would become our second best coach after Weeb if he signed here.

Archived