Bills to start Barkley over Peterman

CanadaSteve

So, Bills by 10 now?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25235591/buffalo-bills-start-matt-barkley-quarterback-nathan-peterman-vs-jets

Bills to start Matt Barkley at QB over Nathan Peterman vs. Jets

The Buffalo Bills have opted to start Matt Barkley over the interception-prone Nathan Peterman in Sunday's game against the New York Jets.

Barkley was announced Saturday as the Bills' starter after the team ruled out rookie first-round quarterback Josh Allen, who will miss his fourth consecutive game because of an elbow injury. The Bills previously ruled out veteran Derek Anderson because of a concussion.

Barkley, whom the Bills signed Oct. 31, will become the team's fourth starting quarterback in their past five games. It will be the first time since the 1987 strike season in which Buffalo has started four quarterbacks in a season.

"He'll have a tough time because [the Jets] are a good defense and this is a fresh start," Bills running back LeSean McCoy said Friday of the possibility Barkley could start. "But I don't think it's nothing he can't handle. We'll support him. We'll be behind him. I'm sure he'll have a good game."

What had been a potential matchup of rookie first-rounders in Allen against the Jets' Sam Darnold will now be Barkley against Josh McCown, who is making his 2018 debut for New York. The Jets on Saturday promoted quarterback Davis Webb from the practice squad, an indication that Darnold, who is listed as doubtful with a right foot injury, will not be active for Sunday's game.

Just now, varjet said:

The Jets could lose this game.  The Bills always play the Jets motivated.  

Bowles has nothing to prep. 

Entire game plan installed and practiced as if Peterman would start.  Kudos to the Bills for the Saturday surprise 24 hours before kickoff.

And I always thought this was a 50/50 game for the Jets and it wouldn't be a surprise if they lose because of Buffalo's defense.

This game is ending 13-10....I just don't who ends up with the 13.

43 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, Bills by 10 now?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25235591/buffalo-bills-start-matt-barkley-quarterback-nathan-peterman-vs-jets

Bills to start Matt Barkley at QB over Nathan Peterman vs. Jets

The Buffalo Bills have opted to start Matt Barkley over the interception-prone Nathan Peterman in Sunday's game against the New York Jets.

Barkley was announced Saturday as the Bills' starter after the team ruled out rookie first-round quarterback Josh Allen, who will miss his fourth consecutive game because of an elbow injury. The Bills previously ruled out veteran Derek Anderson because of a concussion.

Barkley, whom the Bills signed Oct. 31, will become the team's fourth starting quarterback in their past five games. It will be the first time since the 1987 strike season in which Buffalo has started four quarterbacks in a season.

"He'll have a tough time because [the Jets] are a good defense and this is a fresh start," Bills running back LeSean McCoy said Friday of the possibility Barkley could start. "But I don't think it's nothing he can't handle. We'll support him. We'll be behind him. I'm sure he'll have a good game."

What had been a potential matchup of rookie first-rounders in Allen against the Jets' Sam Darnold will now be Barkley against Josh McCown, who is making his 2018 debut for New York. The Jets on Saturday promoted quarterback Davis Webb from the practice squad, an indication that Darnold, who is listed as doubtful with a right foot injury, will not be active for Sunday's game.

we are doomed.

49 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I swear.

If the Jets can't beat a bigger train wreck than themselves right now it's over.  The Bills are a rolling dumpster fire.

Except that their defense is playing good football. McDermott is coaching circles around Todd Bowles. Not his fault the GM is picking rotten fruit for Quarterbacks.

Honest to god, I would give anything for Sean McDermott right now

3 hours ago, Grandy said:

This is going to be an extremely boring game.

Jets 17

Bills 11

The Jets take a 17-3 lead deep into the 4th quarter. The Bills scratch and claw their way to a TD and two point conversion with no time left on the clock. They don't even get to try an onside kick. I've seen this game many times over the years. I have also seen the Jets lose this game 9-7. 

Please for the love of Zord, let me be totally wrong and the Jets win 45-3, with the 3 coming as time expires. 

This game has historic Jets loss written all over it...

Losing to Matt Barkley signed off the street and a really bad Bills offense, but their defense is pretty good.

Buffalo comes to play and the Jets flat out quit before the bye.

Angry Jets fans booing relentlessly, wearing paper bags, etc.  It is going to get ugly tomorrow.

Bowles fired on Monday...

I almost want to watch the meltdown for morbid curiosity... but I am going fishing instead.

Okay, so I've been trying to keep a level head since last week and not board the "Fire Bowles" bandwagon, but damn it all if this Jets team doesn't spank this Bills team he really should go. Like, I don't see any reason to lose to one of the least talented teams in the lague (yes that less talented than us, even with injuries) at home with an off the street starter. Losing to a rookie coming off the bench during a short week on the road is one thing, I can excuse not being ready to deal with a #1 pick backup you barely have pro film on. This? No excuse. Spank em or Yank em.

20 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Jets 17

Bills 11

The Jets take a 17-3 lead deep into the 4th quarter. The Bills scratch and claw their way to a TD and two point conversion with no time left on the clock. They don't even get to try an onside kick. I've seen this game many times over the years. I have also seen the Jets lose this game 9-7. 

Please for the love of Zord, let me be totally wrong and the Jets win 45-3, with the 3 coming as time expires. 

Tomorrow is going to be one of the lowest moments in franchise history.   The Bills are going to win.   Maybe the lowest...

The good news is they will hit rock bottom.  The bad news?   They will probably hire the wrong guy... again.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why would they even have peterman on the team, i am serious.  If they start barkely after a few days on the tea over this guy they should be signing hackenburg as the back up.

Really they should have Kaepernick on the roster but some STH's would rather lose more games  than support a man they think disrespects soldiers and s#it, but who's counting.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Tomorrow is going to be one of the lowest moments in franchise history.   The Bills are going to win.   Maybe the lowest...

The good news is they will hit rock bottom.  The bad news?   They will probably hire the wrong guy... again.

I hate rooting for my team to lose, but I'll make an exception for this game. If Bowles isn't fired before the clock hits 00:00, it wouldn't be soon enough.

Archived