Long Term Damage To Fan Base

foxgt90

attended 300 home games over the years-this is my last season-life is too short to be watching this garbage-so bigly sad us fans new after year one the bowles and mac era would be a train wreck but now others even the biggest defenders know it

7 hours ago, foxgt90 said:

Apologies if this isn't the right place to bring up this topic and hopefully this comes across not too doom and gloom...

Lifelong Jets fan here who has raised my 2 sons ages 21 and 14 to be Jets fans. We've only missed one home game since becoming season ticket holders/PSL owners a few years ago because of a vacation to Florida. UNTIL TODAY. 

Not everyone lives close by to MetLife. Coming from CT is a huge investment in time on top of the money we spend. 90 minute ride in so we can get there around 9:30 to tailgate for a few hours and then a 2-3 hour ride home because of the crap show that is NY/NJ/CT traffic. 

Last night both of my boys said they didn't really want to go to today's game. Why?.. Because of the weather?? No. Because of the traffic?? No. Because they had other plans?? No. They didn't want to go because they both said they have no confidence in this team and they'd rather stay home and watch on TV so that when the Jets are losing to the Bill's they can just turn it off. THINK ABOUT THAT. Woody, Mac and Bowles have done such a piss poor job with this team over the past few years that my boys, like many other Jets fans, don't even have confidence in thinking the Jets can hang with the Bills!!! And honestly, they might be right!! 

With Darnold out today, who else on this team is worth making the trip to go see? I practically had to give my tix away on the exchange because demand is so low for this team. 

The bottom line is this. Jets mgmt better turn this ship around and do it fast. Literally no one is growing up to become Jets fans unless they've been indoctrinated and borderline abused into it like my sons. Yes, winning brings out band wagon fans but it also helps the team get positive coverage which then attracts young kids, who then grow into REAL fans. The fact this "organization" has become such an embarrassment is eroding the future fan base. What kid wants to root for and go see a team who is routinely made fun of on tv, radio and by fans of other teams?? Even Browns fans have bragging rights over the Jets this year. 

If Bowles coaches this team to a loss to a pathetic Bill's team today, he should immediately be fired. No post game press conference... no media interviews... just a statement that Bowles has been fired and literally anyone else is now the interim coach. Mac should not be too far behind. The future fan base and, by extension, financial health of this team are depending on it. 

Shame on you for raising your sons to be Jets fan. That's bad parenting. 

7 hours ago, foxgt90 said:

Apologies if this isn't the right place to bring up this topic and hopefully this comes across not too doom and gloom...

Lifelong Jets fan here who has raised my 2 sons ages 21 and 14 to be Jets fans. We've only missed one home game since becoming season ticket holders/PSL owners a few years ago because of a vacation to Florida. UNTIL TODAY. 

Not everyone lives close by to MetLife. Coming from CT is a huge investment in time on top of the money we spend. 90 minute ride in so we can get there around 9:30 to tailgate for a few hours and then a 2-3 hour ride home because of the crap show that is NY/NJ/CT traffic. 

Last night both of my boys said they didn't really want to go to today's game. Why?.. Because of the weather?? No. Because of the traffic?? No. Because they had other plans?? No. They didn't want to go because they both said they have no confidence in this team and they'd rather stay home and watch on TV so that when the Jets are losing to the Bill's they can just turn it off. THINK ABOUT THAT. Woody, Mac and Bowles have done such a piss poor job with this team over the past few years that my boys, like many other Jets fans, don't even have confidence in thinking the Jets can hang with the Bills!!! And honestly, they might be right!! 

With Darnold out today, who else on this team is worth making the trip to go see? I practically had to give my tix away on the exchange because demand is so low for this team. 

The bottom line is this. Jets mgmt better turn this ship around and do it fast. Literally no one is growing up to become Jets fans unless they've been indoctrinated and borderline abused into it like my sons. Yes, winning brings out band wagon fans but it also helps the team get positive coverage which then attracts young kids, who then grow into REAL fans. The fact this "organization" has become such an embarrassment is eroding the future fan base. What kid wants to root for and go see a team who is routinely made fun of on tv, radio and by fans of other teams?? Even Browns fans have bragging rights over the Jets this year. 

If Bowles coaches this team to a loss to a pathetic Bill's team today, he should immediately be fired. No post game press conference... no media interviews... just a statement that Bowles has been fired and literally anyone else is now the interim coach. Mac should not be too far behind. The future fan base and, by extension, financial health of this team are depending on it. 

Great post. I gave up after Minny tbh, haven't watched a single snap since. Nothing good will come from watching this vomit fest of an organization until such time as they clean house and start anew. We all have many other (better) things to do on Sundays than to get upset and watch games like todays.

8 hours ago, foxgt90 said:

It’s not just your kids...  I’m probably older than you and I’m sort of checked out until management steps in to right this ship.

Bowles is a disaster and MACC , well, just look at our roster. 

I wouldn’t take free Jets tickets if I lived a mile from the stadium.

I had TENN on my calendar...  NO MÁS!!!!   I went to JAX because it was a group of us and it was fun. the worst part was the game. 

My ten year old son was excited to listen to his first game on the radio on a 4 hour car ride today. 15-20 min in to the game he said “you can turn this off”. lol

He’s 10!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

attended 300 home games over the years-this is my last season-life is too short to be watching this garbage-so bigly sad us fans new after year one the bowles and mac era would be a train wreck but now others even the biggest defenders know it

I can't imagine anyone can still defend him. Plenty of rumors going around that he's already been fired. Let's hope it's true and that it's not just him that's been let go. 

Archived