HawkeyeJet

Harbaugh/Ravens headed for Break-Up

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

LaCanfora is plugged in generally, but in Baltimore especially.  

Harbaugh moves to the top of my list.   

He makes the most sense for this franchise.  

Once Flacco is benched in the next couple weeks, that will be the sign that Harbaugh is done.  

• Like 1

We are going to become Baltimore-lite again. Maybe this would be like 2009 all over again....without the foot fetish and snacks. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

I’d be totally shocked if an established coach like Harbaugh considered the jets. I just feel like this team is always destined for a rookie HC, and we’re gonna have to get lucky hitting on one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Just now, MDL_JET said:

An Ohio native and Browns fan growing up🤔 

Jets can give him full control. Browns already have Dorsey. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

An Ohio native and Browns fan growing up🤔 

Sad when we know he picks the Browns job over the Jets job. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I'd be ecstatic to get John Harbaugh. I would take John or his brother Jim. Both those guys are great head coaches who know how to surround themselves with a great supporting staff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sad when we know he picks the Browns job over the Jets job. 

That would be a huge reality check for ownership and make them realize that we are the new browns. 

• Thumb Down 1

The Jets are not smart enough to hire him or his brother, we should know that by now. I don't think he would want to deal with the way ownership runs the franchise or dealing with a bunch of parasites in the NY media. 

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I’d be totally shocked if an established coach like Harbaugh considered the jets. I just feel like this team is always destined for a rookie HC, and we’re gonna have to get lucky hitting on one. 

Technically Bowles wasn’t a rookie 

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ugh.  Harbaugh presides over the most boring offenses in the league year after year.  How can you want an exciting offense and want harbaugh around?

If we are going to do a retread, id rather have wisenhunt.  At least he knows what hes doing on offense and can help the young qb.

I agree with the Harbaugh half of that, but replacing a losing coach with another proven losing coach is a bad idea.

Did he forget how to coach or did Ozzie forget how to draft?

I'm starting the Matt Campbell campaign

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ugh.  Harbaugh presides over the most boring offenses in the league year after year.  How can you want an exciting offense and want harbaugh around?

If we are going to do a retread, id rather have wisenhunt.  At least he knows what hes doing on offense and can help the young qb.

He won a SuperBowl with and made a borderline respectable QB out of Joe Flacco for a decade, who is essentially polished Christian Hackenburg.  

Boring offense?  Maybe.  QB development questions are a big stretch though.

• Confused 1
  • Like 2

Harbaugh has won games with special teams plays alone, Bowles can't even say that. This guy is a HEAD COACH through & through. Knows how to delegate, takes over when he has to at critical times in a game unlike Bowles who literally chooses the wrong call or direction every time. Harbaugh would attract the best OC available, especially with the youngest QB in the league at the helm. Only direction for this team is UP, since we've been down for 8 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Having a young talented and pliable FQB in place is a big draw for a HC- has to be near the top of his wish list.

Give him full control - and then you can lock him in.

Just not enough teams willing to do that - we are in the unique position of being able to make that offer this year.

This seems like a no brainer to me.

Does harbaugh have his hand on either side of the ball in terms of XOs? He’s always come of to me as a figurehead coach who doesn’t actually impact the game... doesn’t strike me as particularly smart.

• Upvote 1

I want a modern, forward thinking offensive head coach. 

that is not Harbaugh, John

• Like 1

If the ravens are dumb enough to fire Harbaugh absolutely the jets should go hard after him

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1