The line to apologize to Sam darnold starts right over there

Jet_Engine1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Right all along about what? Being as sh*tty without Darnold as we were with him doesn’t seem like anything to go declaring victory about.

We never looked this bad with Darnold, this is the Bills we're being blown out by for goodness sake. 

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Right all along about what? Being as sh*tty without Darnold as we were with him doesn’t seem like anything to go declaring victory about.

You defended the coaching staff and blamed the Jets troubles on Darnold. You were wrong. Nothing new though. You’ve been a blowhard going back to your days at JI. 

15 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

You defended the coaching staff and blamed the Jets troubles on Darnold. You were wrong. Nothing new though. You’ve been a blowhard going back to your days at JI. 

My favorite was the "coaches don't actually matter when it comes to player development, therefore it's not on them. It's exclusively the players".

I watched Sam throw 4 INTs, almost all into double coverage +, the day that was written, and that post was still the most ridiculous f*cking thing my eyes saw that day.

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

No 

Bad decisions are bad decisions 

Ignoring open checkdowns to force it into triple coverage is stupid football like Sam said 

Its hard to imagine putting a young QB in worse positions throughout the season then this coaching staff did to Sam. Their entire MO was to run on first and second down, and ask him to pass on 3rd down. It was incredibly predictable, the opposing defenses knew exactly what they were doing. This on top of a suspect line and very limited WR options. Then, Darnold gets frustrated, down, and tries to make things happen and forces things. Are they bad decisions, absolutely, but those bad decisions don't happen in a vacuum, they happen in conjunction with an awful offense, an awful coaching staff.

Just now, NoBowles said:

Its hard to imagine putting a young QB in worse positions throughout the season then this coaching staff did to Sam. Their entire MO was to run on first and second down, and ask him to pass on 3rd down. It was incredibly predictable, the opposing defenses knew exactly what they were doing. This on top of a suspect line and very limited WR options. Then, Darnold gets frustrated, down, and tries to make things happen and forces things. Are they bad decisions, absolutely, but those bad decisions don't happen in a vacuum, they happen in conjunction with an awful offense, an awful coaching staff.

No 

I love Sam and I haven't lost any faith in him but he played poorly and made bad decisions the last few games 

No need to do gymnastics to excuse it when the player says it was stupid 

Just now, Larz said:

No 

I love Sam and I haven't lost any faith in him but he played poorly and made bad decisions the last few games 

No need to do gymnastics to excuse it when the player says it was stupid 

Yes, bad decisions are bad decisions, not doing gymnastics, pointing out that he was put in a terrible position all year. The expectations were that had we kept Bridgewater, or let McCown start this year, we were a playoff team that Darnold was holding back.

The juggernaut Bills are kind of debunking that myth, no?

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Yes, bad decisions are bad decisions, not doing gymnastics, pointing out that he was put in a terrible position all year. The expectations were that had we kept Bridgewater, or let McCown start this year, we were a playoff team that Darnold was holding back.

The juggernaut Bills are kind of debunking that myth, no?

No 

The team quit 

If they quit on Sam it would be just as bad 

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

What? 

Sam said it was stupid football 

Accept it lol

What the **** did you expect him to say? That the Offensive game plans are pathetic? Or that the players around him wouldn't be starters on 75% of the rest of the nfl. The truth is that Darnold was forcing things bc the offense is inept and that caused turnovers. Are those turnovers his fault? Yes! But this coaching staff has ****ed up this year so badly that he's basically going to be a rookie again next year. If you don't think a bad coaching staff and a below average roster doesn't affect a QB then you don't know much.

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

What? 

Sam said it was stupid football 

Accept it lol

Im pretty sure I said in my first reply that they were bad decisions, I just pointed out that a lot of other things go into those stupid decisions. Not sure what I said that was so wrong

Just now, NoBowles said:

Im pretty sure I said in my first reply that they were bad decisions, I just pointed out that a lot of other things go into those stupid decisions. Not sure what I said that was so wrong

You're grasping at straws to justify bad decisions a high school QB would say were bad decisions

It's OK for a 21 year old QB to do dumb things as long as he learns from it

I'm sure he will

no need to shift the blame when the player already accepted it

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

You're grasping at straws to justify bad decisions a high school QB would say were bad decisions

It's OK for a 21 year old QB to do dumb things as long as he learns from it

I'm sure he will

no need to shift the blame when the player already accepted it

Yeah, I don't think its grasping at straws at all to be honest. I said they were bad decisions. I personally am shocked that Sam did not call out the coaching staff for all the same things I pointed out, he just accepted them, so, must be all there is to the story......

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

They had a 21 year old kid trying to carry this sh*tshow of a dumpster fire. Great job.

Please accept our sincerest apology on behalf of Jets Fans everywhere, Sam. 

How anyone thought the Jets weren’t performing well  because of Sam Darnold was IMO madness at its deepest levels.  

It’s both. Sam’s decisions have been stupid as he said himself at times, AND at the same time this coaching staff and Front office have done him no favors....

At times Darnold has been downright putrid, as many rookies are at times, but look at how the Rams, Chiefs, and even the Browns to an extend have loaded their rosters prior to drafting their franchise QB. This team we trot out there every week doesn’t have a single player a DC has to spend a little bit of brainpower to try and neutralize. We neutralize ourselves. Look at the innovative and aggressive play calling by those teams and look at our predictable bland playcalling. 

It’s clear the only reason why Bates became the OC is because he was willing to be Bowles’ puppet for a promotion, and Morton had a backbone. Forget firing the CS for a second, I wonder how Darnold would have looked under Morton? 

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

My favorite was the "coaches don't actually matter when it comes to player development, therefore it's not on them. It's exclusively the players".

I watched Sam throw 4 INTs, almost all into double coverage +, the day that was written, and that post was still the most ridiculous f*cking thing my eyes saw that day.

The play calling doesn’t matter crowd has been my favorite crowd this year.  

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

The play calling doesn’t matter crowd has been my favorite crowd this year.  

What do you think we’re doing differently than everybody does when they’re starting a rookie quarterback?

Darnold sucks right now. The biggest reason for this by far is sheer inexperience. There’s no quick fix for that and so you’re trying to make it about something else.

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

What do you think we’re doing differently than everybody does when they’re starting a rookie quarterback?

Darnold sucks right now. The biggest reason for this by far is sheer inexperience. There’s no quick fix for that and so you’re trying to make it about something else.

Hey here’s one!!!

I think it did show that darnold has actually made the offense look better than it actually is. Especially the o line.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived