The line to apologize to Sam darnold starts right over there

Jet_Engine1

What a great day for Sam. He looks like Aaron Rodgers in comparison to what we saw today. This kid is going to be special.

I have said for a long time that I am not a fan of in-season firings. That changed the last two weeks. You have to get Bowles out, and let Sam know know they support him and they will put his development first.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Larz said:

No 

Bad decisions are bad decisions 

I love Sam and I haven't lost any faith in him but he played poorly and made bad decisions the last few games 

No need to do gymnastics to excuse it when the player says it was stupid  

Of course he made bad decisions.  But those who jumped off the bandwagon, as far as no longer believing Darnold is the franchise QB, were doing so prematurely at best. 

There were like 2 of them, but for some reason people are acting like 90% of the board did this..

There were more than 2. With that being said, still want to know what there thoughts are now. A while back, a poster was trying to tell me Bowles is a better coach than Andy Reid. Talk about an opening line for a comedy routine!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Is it OK to criticize Sam or is he immaculate?

Got a cult like feel going on lol

Horsesh*t. He's a rookie, EXPECTED to make mistakes, but instead he CARRIED this sh*tshow to a couple of wins. This team is an embarrassment from ownership to towelboys, and Sam was and is the only thing in the organization worth a sh*t. And idiots here were screaming about him throwing picks...lol. meanwhile, the online can't do its basic job and we have receivers who wander out of bounds for no reason. LOL

But let's talk about Sam Darnold and his shortcomings. LOL. 

Horsesh*t. He's a rookie, EXPECTED to make mistakes, but instead he CARRIED this sh*tshow to a couple of wins. This team is an embarrassment from ownership to towelboys, and Sam was and is the only thing in the organization worth a sh*t. And idiots here were screaming about him throwing picks...lol. meanwhile, the online can't do its basic job and we have receivers who wander out of bounds for no reason. LOL

But let's talk about Sam Darnold and his shortcomings. LOL. 

This post is spot on. The other night, a poster on the board (not naming names), giving me the business about sam. Ultimately, he disproved his own point throughout the conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

What do you think we’re doing differently than everybody does when they’re starting a rookie quarterback?

Darnold sucks right now. The biggest reason for this by far is sheer inexperience. There’s no quick fix for that and so you’re trying to make it about something else.

Sam is certainly green but at times showed some good stuff early. Yet, shitty snaps, shitty receivers, 3 and long as a norm haven’t really helped him much. At times seemed like he was playing closer to 14 or 15 men instead of 11. 

To me he just seemed better early in the season and just got worse as the team did. Couple key injuries seem to start the downward trend.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Is it OK to criticize Sam or is he immaculate?

Got a cult like feel going on lol

He's played pretty bad, made some horrific decisions, pressing when he shouldn't, and looks frustrated and desperate to make plays. He's a rookie QB with a terrible Oline.....and Bates is still who USC fans thought he was.

i've seen this play before, only difference is, at USC he had some 4 and 5* players around him the coaches failed to develop, or play calling too many WTF moments. Sam saved those coaches jobs, last night those same coaches were boo'd off the field.  Just waiting for the ax to fall.

I see no star players on offense for the Jets.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course he made bad decisions.  But those who jumped off the bandwagon, as far as no longer believing Darnold is the franchise QB, were doing so prematurely at best. 

I must have missed something 

I know a few guys were trolling about drafting a QB next year but yeah giving up on Sam already would be more trolling or just plain stupidity 

I think there is a lot of built in anxiety considering he is tied to Watson. Mahomes, Mayfield and Rosen for his entire career 

I noticed some folks getting caught up in the stats already 

He's so young we have to look at this year as his senior year in college and figure that he is getting an early start on his career 

Before this year I think he had about 32 lifetime starts at QB 

I was hopeful about bates but man this is the worst most predictable offense I think we have seen and keeping long in there for so long was criminal 

There are many things working against him this season for sure but I was just saying that his poor play was sometimes his fault and it's just a reality 

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sam is certainly green but at times showed some good stuff early. Yet, sh*tty snaps, sh*tty receivers, 3 and long as a norm haven’t really helped him much. At times seemed like he was playing closer to 14 or 15 men instead of 11. 

To me he just seemed better early in the season and just got worse as the team did. Couple key injuries seem to start the downward trend.

Somehow the Bills used creativity, a game plan and timely calls to get an offense led by Matt Barley to score 41 points with a band of misfits but you’re trying to sell me the Jets aren’t doing anything different than other teams?   Ok 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Somehow the Bills used creativity, a game plan and timely calls to get an offense led by Matt Barley to score 41 points with a band of misfits but you’re trying to sell me the Jets aren’t doing anything different than other teams?   Ok 

Some teams even throw the balls to their QBs! Next level shit right there. 

11 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

He's played pretty bad, made some horrific decisions, pressing when he shouldn't, and looks frustrated and desperate to make plays. He's a rookie QB with a terrible Oline.....and Bates is still who USC fans thought he was.

i've seen this play before, only difference is, at USC he had some 4 and 5* players around him the coaches failed to develop, or play calling too many WTF moments. Sam saved those coaches jobs, last night those same coaches were boo'd off the field.  Just waiting for the ax to fall.

The WR Corp was decent but they needed robbie and Q healthy at the same time to keep a defense honest and Crowells injury really set them back 

The long debacle was classic Bowles loyal to a fault. 

What I'm seeing is Sam it looks like it took the defenses about 4 games to figure bates out and Sam is forced to run at 8 man boxes and throw into coverage. 

Romo said young QBs can't get out of a bad play but I would let Sam try at this point 

Up tempo anyone? 

I expect Sam to make huge strides after this season without having to split reps with anyone 

Sigh 

Darnold hasn’t played “pretty bad”

hes been “pretty good” for a rookie qb

you can focus on the Dolphins game all you want but he’s has

3 “A” games: Detroit, Denver, Indy

1 “B” game: Miami #1

2 “C” games: Bears, Jags 

2 “D” games: Vikings, Browns 

1 “F” game: Miami #2 

hes been inconsistent but has shown great things. He’s flashed in moments in every game. This is all with the worst offensive talent the NFL, injuries, bad coaching, playing against basically every top D in the NFL on the road. Seriously, check the schedule it’s been brutal vs other rookie QBs.

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

Screenshot_20181111-184231~2.png

Same plays as the Rams.

Same.

Plays.

As.

The.

Rams.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20181111-184231~2.png

Same plays as the Rams.

Same.

Plays.

As.

The.

Rams.

Every team has the same playbook, with the exact same plays inside and they call them at the exact same times in the game. 

When you think about it, Jermey Bates and Sean McVay are the same exact guy. 

47 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

A healthy Enunwa?

1 hour ago, Larz said:

I must have missed something 

I know a few guys were trolling about drafting a QB next year but yeah giving up on Sam already would be more trolling or just plain stupidity 

I think there is a lot of built in anxiety considering he is tied to Watson. Mahomes, Mayfield and Rosen for his entire career 

I noticed some folks getting caught up in the stats already 

He's so young we have to look at this year as his senior year in college and figure that he is getting an early start on his career 

Before this year I think he had about 32 lifetime starts at QB 

I was hopeful about bates but man this is the worst most predictable offense I think we have seen and keeping long in there for so long was criminal 

There are many things working against him this season for sure but I was just saying that his poor play was sometimes his fault and it's just a reality 

Definitely wasn't including you in that group or intending to do so.  But yeah, there were real, actual people on this board who stopped believing in Darnold as the franchise QB already after the Dolphins game.  Comparing him to Sanchez and stuff.  Sh** was bonkers. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Definitely wasn't including you in that group or intending to do so.  But yeah, there were real, actual people on this board who stopped believing in Darnold as the franchise QB already after the Dolphins game.  Comparing him to Sanchez and stuff.  Sh** was bonkers. 

I saw that in the other thread tonight after I replied to you 

Straight up trolling nonsense 

I actually think you guys have been pretty good, and supportive.  There have been a few miserable bastards, but that’s to be expected, fans want wins.

Just don’t make comparisons between Sam and Mark....two completely different players with vastly different skills.  You compare those two, you sound like a dumbass.  Don’t do it, just shut up and go out and buy “The QB Position for Dummies”.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Every team has the same playbook, with the exact same plays inside and they call them at the exact same times in the game. 

When you think about it, Jermey Bates and Sean McVay are the same exact guy. 

McVay got his head coaching job in 2017, the same year Jeremy Bates returned from the mountains to become our QB coach.

We have never seen Bates and McVay in the same area at the same time.

The logical answer is that, during his trip to the Mountains, Bates learned the Navajo ritual of "spirit splitting" and sent multiple versions of himself to the NFL in order to begin his take over of the league. 

Everyone in the league now runs the same plays. 

Everyone. 

There are no "individuals" anymore.  Only one master.

Master. Bates.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.  IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

In 2 games since Hue Jackson's firing: Baker Mayfield: 46 of 62 for 513 yards, 5 TDS, 1 INT, good for a 118.5 Passer rating. Nick Chubb: 42 carries, 261 yards, 6.2 YPC

"Firing both Todd Haley and Hue Jackson do nothing to benefit Baker Mayfield as a quarterback"- Cris Carter

Guys.

Coaches are all the same.

They don't do anything.

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Guys.

Coaches are all the same.

They don't do anything.

Random Q:

didnt you say you really wanted the Titans OC Matt L-however you spell his name?

Think he’s a good option? His offense just hung 30 on the Patriots. WCO/Kyle Shanahan coaching tree. Would be a easy transition for Sam..

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Random Q:

didnt you say you really wanted the Titans OC Matt L-however you spell his name?

Think he’s a good option? His offense just hung 30 on the Patriots. WCO/Kyle Shanahan coaching tree. Would be a easy transition for Sam..

Matt Lafleur, yeah.  I've made it very known 'round these parts that I am a huge fan of his, lol.

If he was the guy that we chose, I'd be ecstatic.

59 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

The team is terrible, but Sam hasn’t distinguished himself at all this year. We heard the same excuses made for Geno Smith after his rookie year and how did that turn out?

Sam has thrown 12TDs through 8 games this year.

Geno threw 12 TDs throughout the course of his 16 game rookie season.

The two could not be further apart in regards to how they've performed.

Look, I just spent an entire week ripping Darnold in over the top fashion, but at the end of the day, he has shown more than any QB we've drafted since Chad.  The immense talent, work ethic, and attitude are absolutely there, and he has flashed enough to give any reasonable person hope.  I'm not happy with the turnovers, but I think we got a big glimpse yesterday as to how bad things really are, talent and coaching wise.  He's a rookie.  A rookie in, arguably, the worst situation out of everyone else in his class, going against harder competition than anyone else from said class. 

Does he need to play better?  Hell yeah.  Do I put all of the blame on him right now?  Absolutely not.  It's not making excuses; it's realizing that there isn't a QB alive who could be doing anything different under these circumstances, never mind one who is a rookie.

Also, addressing Geno Smith specifically, if kept his head on straight, started putting in the effort needed to be great, and grew up a bit, he'd probably be a pretty decent QB.  A serviceable journeyman starter, ala Fitzpatrick, at the very least.  Hell, he's got age on his side if he can figure it out quick enough.  He came in for one game last year, looked pretty good (better than Eli for sure), got screwed, and handled it in the least mature way possible, guaranteeing his release, thus, throwing away any potential opportunities on teams that were looking for low risk-high reward reclamation projects, out the window.  His best chance of being "the guy" for us was 2015, where he was lighting it up in training camp, surround by top tier talent, a pretty good offensive coordinator, and he got his face punched in by a practice squad caliber teammate over $600, effectively ending his Jets career.  The year before that, he was supposed to make a leap from his rookie year, and he ended up telling a fan "go f*ck yourself" at the end of a home game, and missing a Thursday "install" practice in SD to watch a movie at a movie theater, because he forgot about time-zones.  You can't make those types of stories up.  Geno's failures are all on him.  If he actually put the work in and wasn't an absolutely insufferable and immature person, his career probably looks totally different.  Hell, he might still be here.

Maybe having Checkdown Charlie and Bubble Screen Bates tutoring 

Sam is a dumb idea, too.  Teaching him how to be Brad Davis or Alex 

Smith is a waste of a top three first rounder.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

McVay got his head coaching job in 2017, the same year Jeremy Bates returned from the mountains to become our QB coach.

We have never seen Bates and McVay in the same area at the same time.

The logical answer is that, during his trip to the Mountains, Bates learned the Navajo ritual of "spirit splitting" and sent multiple versions of himself to the NFL in order to begin his take over of the league. 

Everyone in the league now runs the same plays. 

Everyone. 

There are no "individuals" anymore.  Only one master.

Master. Bates.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.  IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

Maybe Bates should have done his hiking in the Himalayas?

Archived