Next HC and Next GM — who ya got?

Philc1

56 minutes ago, jack48 said:

If they do not take this opportunity to fire him, he will be here another 3 years.  Hire a CEO with football experience and let him go from there

Macagnan is going to hire some crappy assistant with the Texans and get another 3-4 years to botch entire drafts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

John Harbaugh — offer him $60 million guaranteed and both HC and GM 

If Harbaugh doesn’t want to come here because no one decent with options wants to work for the Johnsons hire Jerry Reece as GM and Norv Turner for HC

I'm down for this.  

Posted this in another thread too, but fits here also...

This is the point where you hire a HEAD OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS...RIGHT NOW.  Give the new hire the rest of the season to evaluate everything, sort this out and plan for next year BEFORE it is GM/HC hiring time and immediately before the draft.

While I couldn't care less what happens to Bowles today or tomorrow, BRING IN SOMEONE with some CREDIBILITY to start working on the problem NOW.

Some has suggested someone like a Mike Shanahan or a Cowher...Not naming anyone in particular right now but it's obvious that the decision makers from the top on down are NOT getting the job done.

Hiring another HC into this toxic environment of instability is insane.  Not sure too many great candidates are waiting on a call from one of the Johnson brothers...or at least, not as many as a CREDIBLE NFL MAN with control of the entire operation would have at his disposal.

When you have to hire mercenaries to find a coach and GM you're already in trouble.

Problem is Casserly and Wolfe are the types of guys you are talking about to run the operation.

Posted this in another thread too, but fits here also...

This is the point where you hire a HEAD OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS...RIGHT NOW.  Give the new hire the rest of the season to evaluate everything, sort this out and plan for next year BEFORE it is GM/HC hiring time and immediately before the draft.

While I couldn't care less what happens to Bowles today or tomorrow, BRING IN SOMEONE with some CREDIBILITY to start working on the problem NOW.

Some has suggested someone like a Mike Shanahan or a Cowher...Not naming anyone in particular right now but it's obvious that the decision makers from the top on down are NOT getting the job done.

Hiring another HC into this toxic environment of instability is insane.  Not sure too many great candidates are waiting on a call from one of the Johnson brothers...or at least, not as many as a CREDIBLE NFL MAN with control of the entire operation would have at his disposal.

When you have to hire mercenaries to find a coach and GM you're already in trouble.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This team doesn't need another "rookie" coordinator (offense or defense) as a head coach!!!! This teams needs an experienced head coach to lead this team. Everyone is claiming the Jets need a offensive minded coach because its a passing league; The Jets need a defensive minded coach because defense wins championships. When you hire a "rookie" as a head coach, you get a lot of mistakes and Jets fans don't have the patients to put up with mistakes.  The next thing that happens is the beginning of another coaching carousel!!!! You can throw out all the names you want to coach the Jets but always remember just because you hired coach this team is not going to the Super Bowl!!!! This team is not a year away of making the playoff and having a lot of salary cap will not make this team a playoff contender. This team has way too many holes, just because they have their QB in Darnold doesn't make this team playoff or Super Bowl contenders. This team still needs work and it won't take one year to fix.

This team needs one of the Harbaugh's to coach this team!!! To get them not only its about money, but they will want to bring in their own people and they will want to run things. The Johnson's should consider hiring and giving them full control of the Jets.

3 minutes ago, AL047 said:

This team doesn't need another "rookie" coordinator (offense or defense) as a head coach!!!! This teams needs an experienced head coach to lead this team. Everyone is claiming the Jets need a offensive minded coach because its a passing league; The Jets need a defensive minded coach because defense wins championships. When you hire a "rookie" as a head coach, you get a lot of mistakes and Jets fans don't have the patients to put up with mistakes.  The next thing that happens is the beginning of another coaching carousel!!!! You can throw out all the names you want to coach the Jets but always remember just because you hired coach this team is not going to the Super Bowl!!!! This team is not a year away of making the playoff and having a lot of salary cap will not make this team a playoff contender. This team has way too many holes, just because they have their QB in Darnold doesn't make this team playoff or Super Bowl contenders. This team still needs work and it won't take one year to fix.

This team needs one of the Harbaugh's to coach this team!!! To get them not only its about money, but they will want to bring in their own people and they will want to run things. The Johnson's should consider hiring and giving them full control of the Jets.

Agree in part.  I think the whole let’s copy the rams thing is a little lame unless that new 22 yr old coach also brings Whitworth, Gurley and Cooks 

Just now, Philc1 said:

We won’t win another game this season.  I think Mac’s days are numbered even with the two morons in charge

I don't think his fate has been decided yet.  The more the Jets lose, the hotter the seat gets.  Woody changes his mind just like the wind.  He told Mangini he was safe and then sh*tcanned him after a 9-7 season.

The team needs aggression, and someone that can actually coach, rather than look around aimlessly.  

It has to be an offensive guy, and someone that has been a head coach for at least 1 season, even at NCAA.  I don't want retreads that can't adapt to the new NFL where offenses run the day.  Give me someone that actually has an offensive system.  

I don't even feel like looking up names, because this is just a depressing loss.  

I'm going to look at trading down in the first round and then look at draft prospects to make myself feel better.  

Archived