XBOX LIVE

haggis

Just got this for my son. I thought if I had one account in the house then 4 guys playing on his system could go online? Doesn't seem that way. Also, what is up with the download stuff? I find it hard to download stuff, eg I have Halo 2 but can't even play a LIVE game as I don't have the downloads! I go to the download content section and I can't do anything, it won't let me scroll me down!

Is this typical?

Any input/feedback is welcome.

I was going to wait until tomorrow morning to type a reply to the other thread, but as you seem to be desperate for an answer I'll do my best now.

First of all, can I assume this is Live on the regular Xbox and not on the 360. I never went online with my Xbox but I have done with my 360, plus I have read a lot of information on the subject, so I'll answer what I can.

Firstly, I doubt you will be able to connect a 4 player split-screen game to Xbox Live. The whole point of the service is that each person plays on their own machine. However, I do believe some games have the ability for one guest to play, though I'm not sure whether this allows both people to play at the same time or not. It may just allow switching between the two.

Secondly, Halo 2 requires the download as this means everyone is playing the same version. I don't know whether or not this is just a content update (eg. new maps) or if it is a code update. As for the problem with scrolling, have you tried both sticks and the d-pad or maybe even the triggers?

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions I'll try to answer them.

cool, thanks man.

It does appear with Crimson Skies at least that one guest can play, but they can't talk via the headset.

Now I wonder if it is possible for me to set up another account and can then play side by side with my son and get the full LIVE experience.

Yo, SJ - why'd you change your name? Was it for Burns Night?

"Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,

Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!

Aboon them a' ye tak your place,

Painch, tripe, or thairm:

Weel are ye wordy of a grace

As lang's my arm..."

Yo, SJ - why'd you change your name? Was it for Burns Night?

"Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,

Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!

Aboon them a' ye tak your place,

Painch, tripe, or thairm:

Weel are ye wordy of a grace

As lang's my arm..."

Felt like a change. SJ was getting old, and I think haggis has a better ring to it.

Archived