And for those who wanted to wait for Dan Quinn

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RobR said:

It was 100% Casserleys call on bringing in Mac.....unfortunately Wolf went along with him. 

Thanks, understood, but I also would like to know what if any jewel did Maccagnan uncover as a Scout?  Which would be a basis for him being hired by the Jets.  I’m not saying he didn’t, although I have my doubts now, the average fantasy football player could have put together a way better roster over 4 years.

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

What more evidence do you need that Mac is bad at his job? 

But that's just it. I don't think he's outright horrible at his job. He's had some hits and misses. If he had done nothing of consequence than I would be with you.

Plus I am of the belief that coaching does matter a lot. I look at the difference between 1996-1997. 1-15 to 9-7 with a lot of the same players.

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Thanks, understood, but I also would like to know what if any jewel did Maccagnan uncover as a Scout?  Which would be a basis for him being hired by the Jets.  I’m not saying he didn’t, although I have my doubts now, the average fantasy football player could have put together a way better roster over 4 years.

If we haven't heard about players he was banging the table for back then I doubt there were many worth mentioning.  

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But that's just it. I don't think he's outright horrible at his job. He's had some hits and misses. If he had done nothing of consequence than I would be with you.

Plus I am of the belief that coaching does matter a lot. I look at the difference between 1996-1997. 1-15 to 9-7 with a lot of the same players.

My last post about this. We are in year four of his tenure and look at this roster. Our best player is our kicker who we signed a week before the season started.

23 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is entirely the point. He’s hired guys himself. He’s farmed it out to Korn Ferry. He’s brought in Old-School Football Men for advice. And he’s failed every single time. All we can hope for is that he falls ass-backwards into the right guys at some point. The first step to making that happen is firing the wrong guys at the first available opportunity.

Suspiciously, they all come back with the same exact mold of hc! It’s almost like our moronic ownership is to blame for the 1950s style team we keep trying to make work in 2018. 

39 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Hey don’t forget that Maye was ALSO an “old” rookie” at 24 when he was drafted.  Maccagnan wants to be seen as some kind of savant.  His newest “old” rookie Nathan Shepherd has done total Jack this year.

I really can’t stand the sight of him and Bowles at this point.

One question to anyone who knows, what in Maccagnan’s bavkground at Houston suggested that he could be a GM in the NFL?  What players did he find?  Houston of course has yet to win a playoff game in their history.

The OLD rookie thing has driven me nuts. He does things correctly in the first round in regards to age (all 4 picks were 21 year olds). You can draft older players with limited upside. 

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But that goes back to my second point. Is the coaching getting the most out of this roster? 

Have your eyes been open at anytime the last 4 years?  This IS NOT an NFL roster.  These are NOT NFL coaches.  The “GM” looks like he just came off a bender from some dive bar, with all those stupid cups of coffee at his desk that obviously don’t help him in finding talent.

His team just lost to the Browns too. You will not convince me otherwise that Dan Quinn is basically the same as Todd Bowles. 
Quinn just got lucky that he landed with a team that was ready to win now and was stocked. Got to A Super Bowl and blew the biggest lead in Super Bowl history and has done nothing since 

Got to a what now? Was that word super bowl???
Wtf is that?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But that's what scares me about firing Mac. Woody went through the right process to get him. What if he abandons said process? But as I said, I have wavered on Mac a bit

The right process? LOL. Seriously. No. Hahahahaha.

They went to an corporate executive headhunting firm and paid a couple of disengaged has been to "consult" with who they should hire. It was a ******* punchline. And they wound up hiring a glorified regional scout and tweedledum.  The Jets are a laughingstock.  And EVERY MINUTE that passes with Bowles still on the payroll makes it worse. 

Mac goes when the clock strikes :00 on the final game. I don't want that fool anywhere NEAR our coaching search. 

A COMPETENT organization would hire a President or VP of Football Ops, preferably someone with at least some modicum of success as a General Manager or higher to lead the GM and HC searches, but I won't hold my breath.

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The right process? LOL. Seriously. No. Hahahahaha.

They went to an corporate executive headhunting firm and paid a couple of disengaged has been to "consult" with who they should hire. It was a ******* punchline. And they wound up hiring a glorified regional scout and tweedledum.  The Jets are a laughingstock.  And EVERY MINUTE that passes with Bowles still on the payroll makes it worse. 

Mac goes when the clock strikes :00 on the final game. I don't want that fool anywhere NEAR our coaching search. 

A COMPETENT organization would hire a President or VP of Football Ops, preferably someone with at least some modicum of success as a General Manager or higher to lead the GM and HC searches, but I won't hold my breath.

You're completely wrong about how we hired Mac and Bowles.....you're thinking of Idzik.

In this case United who is right and I agree that we finally did it the right way last time. It turns out both Casserley and Wolf were wrong and it's painfully obvious.

11 minutes ago, RobR said:

You're completely wrong about how we hired Mac and Bowles.....you're thinking of Idzik.

In this case United who is right and I agree that we finally did it the right way last time. It turns out both Casserley and Wolf were wrong and it's painfully obvious.

Ok, KF was Idzik. I conflated the hirings.  But the rest of it, was the "right way" that turned out to be wrong and, painfully obviously? 

Charlie Casserley was a has been 20 years ago, and Ron Wolf was totally disengaged. 

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Ok, KF was Idzik. I conflated the hirings.  But the rest of it, was the "right way" that turned out to be wrong and, painfully obviously? 

Charlie Casserley was a has been 20 years ago, and Ron Wolf was totally disengaged. 

Being a long time fan of the team that is the only GM/HC search that I thought Woody got right. He brought in respected NFL former GM's that are connected within the league, were successful and let them do their thing. 

It just sucks that he got it terribly wrong once again.

14 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

His team just lost to the Browns too. You will not convince me otherwise that Dan Quinn is basically the same as Todd Bowles. 

Quinn just got lucky that he landed with a team that was ready to win now and was stocked. Got to A Super Bowl and blew the biggest lead in Super Bowl history and has done nothing since 

we also wanted marrone, who is floundering

Archived