Sports Illustrated with the best article calling on the Jets not to wait and fire Bowles now!

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

I'm all for it. But I get why some will argue that a mid-season coaching change won't help anything.

BUT... I don't see why you don't start the search for a new GM IMMEDIATELY. This person needs to be identified before the end of the season so that he/she can hit the ground running on the draft, free agency, roster evaluation amd the coaching hire ASAP. It's pretty dumb to wait until after the season for the GM position.

Agreed. GM should go now, Bowles should probably go now also but we really don’t have anyone to replace him for the next 7 weeks not the end of the world for him to finish the season. Absolutely no point of Mac coming to work Monday 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Agreed. GM should go now, Bowles should probably go now also but we really don’t have anyone to replace him for the next 7 weeks not the end of the world for him to finish the season. Absolutely no point of Mac coming to work Monday 

there is little downside to launching bowles today.  the jets aren't going anywhere and letting him coach out the season proves nothing. there's also little downside to launching mac unless the idea is to keep him on because once the team is in the season there's not much for the gm to do.  sure he may scout players and read scouting reports by outside of that if he can't rely on his staff to do those things then he wasn't doing his job well in the first place.

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

there is little downside to launching bowles today.  the jets aren't going anywhere and letting him coach out the season proves nothing. there's also little downside to launching mac unless the idea is to keep him on because once the team is in the season there's not much for the gm to do.  sure he may scout players and read scouting reports by outside of that if he can't rely on his staff to do those things then he wasn't doing his job well in the first place.

Who do you promote to head coach?

10 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Who do you promote to head coach?

dennison?  dorell?  greene?  bates?  it's not like the staff is filled with head coaching candidates.  back in the 70's shipp was made interim coach and i think even idzik's father served as interim coach once.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

dennison?  dorell?  greene?  bates?  it's not like the staff is filled with head coaching candidates.  back in the 70's shipp was made interim coach and i think even idzik's father served as interim coach once.

I dunno. Not one with maybe the exception of Dennison seems like they are even capable of being an interim HC unless dorell or Greene has really impressed behind the scenes